Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

..Or could it be a L2P issue.

Cybridwarform

No, because BW clearly stated, it's the gear and the stats, that's why we have the most awesome bolster, known to mankind. Now if it was L2P, we would not have bolster, would we? I mean BW can not be wrong. They have the world best PvP dev team. The game director told it, so it must be true.

No, because BW clearly stated, it's the gear and the stats, that's why we have the most awesome bolster, known to mankind. Now if it was L2P, we would not have bolster, would we? I mean BW can not be wrong. They have the world best PvP dev team. The game director told it, so it must be true.

You are warping their words.

They have already stated multiple times they are moving towards a skill>gear playstyle. Bolster is just buggy like all new expansions released by any video game company. They just need to fine tune it. (welcome to every mmo in existance)

This new approach means no more fat hutts in EWH bragging about how good they are when the truth is half of them don't even know how to use their breakfree properly. Welcome to 2.0. Get skill or step aside for those who do.

It's so true. Every time I see a post about how the class balance is "so broken" I want to face palm. It's almost always a L2P issue (or at least a massive over exaggeration). Edited by dcgregorya

You are warping their words.

They have already stated multiple times they are moving towards a skill>gear playstyle. Bolster is just buggy like all new expansions released by any video game company. They just need to fine tune it. (welcome to every mmo in existance)

This new approach means no more fat hutts in EWH bragging about how good they are when the truth is half of them don't even know how to use their breakfree properly. Welcome to 2.0. Get skill or step aside for those who do.

Learning when to use CC break is probably one of the more difficult things to master in this game so far.

For as much as people are whining about bolster, it's still a better system than resilience was at Burning Crusade launch and pvp's still better than WoW's thanks to no arena.

Learning when to use CC break is probably one of the more difficult things to master in this game so far.

Its sad how many twitch streams i watch where you have people trying to hard stun someone with a full white bar and then actually go out to announce in the stream as to why the stun didn't work. Oh i don't know.. maybe the bright *** white bar should've given it away. Its frustrating to watch.

Its sad how many twitch streams i watch where you have people trying to hard stun someone with a full white bar and then actually go out to announce in the stream as to why the stun didn't work. Oh i don't know.. maybe the bright *** white bar should've given it away. Its frustrating to watch.

It's even more frustrating having mes, stun and kb all on resolve while roots and snares have no DR. "Hey, I'm white-barred! Time for escapes!" Charge/Obliterate/Leg Shot "...****."

or

"That guy's about to score, must knock back! Oh, white bar. Carry on, sir. I can't GCD you." So frustrating.

you can't have everything on the resolve bar simply because of the nature of how cc is applied in this game. if you have 2 people root that one target they would insta white bar and that target is still capable of fighting back now you just gave them CC immunity ontop of everything else.

Plus BW was nice enough to give almost every class a getaway when immoballized either by talents or just mechanics themselves or even new abilities. Sadly the talent version does not accomodate the majority of specs but still.. its there.

The only thing i will agree on is leg shot does need to last maybe 1-2 seconds less it seems a bit excessive. But then again i don't really mind too much. I can see how it would be a damn nightmare for melee.

you can actually LOS the sniper that legshots you if you do it right. Took me a while to practice this on my sorc but when u see the leg shot bullet (yes it is a unique effect) in the air u have about 2-2.5 seconds to los the sniper and be leg shot behind safety. Granted its very "clutch" its still something that can save you from eatting bullets back to back. you have no idea how many times pulling this little gem of a move has saved my life against them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.