2.0 PvE DPS Leaderboard

WillLongstick

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3033 dps

http://www.torparse.com/a/270592/time/1370457355/1370457663/0/Overview

Maybe if my vicious throw crit say, oh I dunno, AT ALL, it might have put me back on top... :(

More coming soon

lol i had this guy dizella beating me by 4 points in torparse -.-, i noticed he did almost 10% more crit, so i had to pase again.. still with 8% less crit in cull which is my 40% total dmg, beat him and broke 3.1k :) edite up top... comparing his parse, i assume thats not my best RNG, if i can get 38% cull crit instead of 31% wow lol.... still those numbers are "accurate" my 25% crit + talents are accurate in most, lucky on orbital i guess

Pra'k

Commando 5/36/5 2485.2 DPS

Just messing around on my alt =)

http://www.torparse.com/a/271636/time/1370579690/1370579991/0/Overview

Pra'k

Swoop Gang

Commando 5/36/5 2485.2 DPS

Just messing around on my alt =)

http://www.torparse.com/a/271636/time/1370579690/1370579991/0/Overview

Did you literally intentionally double-post just to put your guild name?

You do know you can edit your posts, right? :rolleyes:

Edited by idnewton

Vaidin (2697 DPS) http://www.torparse.com/a/271924/time/1370512449/1370512754/0/Overview

Spec: 4/36/6 Vengeance Juggernaught

I have slightly better gear than before with the main difference being that I have augmented 9 pieces with the purple 28s for + 32 Strength. I probably average around a 70.5 level of gear. Besides the gear, I got very lucky with Ravage resets, especially in the first minute, but got a low 15% crit rate on Ravage.

I tested having around 104 crit in place of the 0 I have now, but after numerous parses, 0 crit definitely seemed to work best. It makes sense since we have an auto-crit with Force Scream and no Surge buffs for any of our skills.

Vaidin (2697 DPS) http://www.torparse.com/a/271924/time/1370512449/1370512754/0/Overview

Spec: 4/36/6 Vengeance Juggernaught

I have slightly better gear than before with the main difference being that I have augmented 9 pieces with the purple 28s for + 32 Strength. I probably average around a 70.5 level of gear. Besides the gear, I got very lucky with Ravage resets, especially in the first minute, but got a low 15% crit rate on Ravage.

I tested having around 104 crit in place of the 0 I have now, but after numerous parses, 0 crit definitely seemed to work best. It makes sense since we have an auto-crit with Force Scream and no Surge buffs for any of our skills.

For dummy parsing, I'm content to run zero crit, but my high raid parses are all with ~250 crit.

For dummy parsing, I'm content to run zero crit, but my high raid parses are all with ~250 crit.

this is an important point, and ill explain why.... on a dummy fight you do 5-10 attempts idk. daily, or whenever you try... chances are your usual Raid parse at like 2800 (lets put a number) with 150-200 crit it probably parses 2850 AVG... whats the difference?... crit is open the luck, RNG... power is not... so basically even if u have 25% crit u can go to 18% one fight or 45% the other fight, with 1400 power, this dmg is limited by the crit, higher chance more avg but still less dmg.... what happens with no crit build? you will have 1600-1700 power... almost 130-140 bonus dmg extra... with 20% crit, u will do 10 parses with that crit %... then you will do that lucky parse, where you will AVG 32% crit... and do 3k parse... this is 1 parse... you try again, over and over and you wont reach that number (this is for almost all classes). you are doing a build that does less dmg but is open for higher RNG and luck, which lead to 1-2 super high parses, that you WONT get in a boss fight, simple...

when you go to a raid, u notice you wont be doing as high numbers, you wont be parsing top ranking, stuff like that... 0 crit is not viable in raid... i would go 150-200 all the time, i do that, and theres my parse, infact my dummy parse is with 25% crit, and all the numbers are in perfect Sync with my stats (31% vs 25% cull should have, still comparing to dizellas 38% is way better)... poison are where they should be or lower, so anything between 3k-3.1k is my AVG... if i go 0 crit and get a 32% parse, i am sure i would go up to 3.2k but thats stupid, because i will always go 25% crit in raids.

Obsly. other factors happen in raids, how many Bthirst, well done Bthirst.. armor reduction... group DPS faster = higher dps in most fight, still you will notice your avg dps in boss fights is lower with a 0 crit build vs a 150 at least build..... i go 25% crit and i still hgave 1720 power, i dont think i want to go higher than that.

people should take note of this stuff when going to raids to help their raid groups instead of trying to have 1 lucky parse :)

I have to disagree; at least as a Vengeance Juggernaught. A decent amount of crit is fine for various specs, but based on testing my Vengeance Juggernaught, the average damage was slightly lower on a full parse with more crit (I had about 100-150). Vengeance gets an auto-crit with Force Scream, 7.5% extra crit on Vicious Throw and Vicious Slash (not used too much on dummies), and 6% extra Force Crit all the time. As I said, there are no Surge buffs, though.

I do use more than 0 crit on my Operative and Gunslinger and that is because they both get specific buffs to Surge. Realistically, we are going off of parses we've done, which isn't enough for a statistically significant sample.

Woo hoo... i was wondering if i was the last one left lol :)

I'm still here too! Hahah..just found out this was back up yesterday. So of course I went immediately to the dummy. Hey Samull...did you just have a really good parse? or is almost 40% critical hits your norm? If so, how so?

Toblin Blackfyre

Madness

I'm still here too! Hahah..just found out this was back up yesterday. So of course I went immediately to the dummy. Hey Samull...did you just have a really good parse? or is almost 40% critical hits your norm? If so, how so?

Toblin Blackfyre

Madness

Many of these parses come down to RNG. If you do 10 five-minute sessions you'll see the disparity and come out with maybe 1 or 2 good parses which you can post here.

I feel like it would be a fair assumption to make that most people in this thread parsed a few times to get good latency / procs / RNG etc.