Heroic quest givers

HitokiriAkins

I know I'm in a minority here, in that I don't group. But could there be a way to have those that give out heroic quests marked with either a different shape or color? It's kind of annoying to get all excited about a quest, only to find out it's a heroic and have to abandon it.

This isn't as big an issue as, say, the lack of duel autodecline, so I want that taken care of first. But this would be nice, you know?

A triangle with slightly darker corners would be a nice difference. A darker inner or outer edge would also be a decent visual distinction.

A visual difference for the Heroic mission-givers would be good also for when logged on during less popular times of day when it's very unlikely a group will be found for any missions. Then the mission-givers with the Heroic triangle above their heads could just be avoided.

/Signed.

Fully agree. It would be nice to be able to immediately distinguish the type of mission you are about to be given and find the Heroic NPC if just in the area for Heroics. I wouldn't mind a different color for the main quest givers (like in a planetary chain) and just those that are side quests.

• 2 weeks later...
I totally agree with this idea. I was just mentioning this to my guild mates and they also agree that that would be nice. It would save time in picking up the quests in a quest hub. I mean there is plenty of room on the tag that shows up with the NPC's name to just add something in gold that says HEROIC 2+ QUEST or HEROIC 4 QUEST. This needs to get a response from an admin.

• 2 weeks later...
I want this very badly. I'm an autism mom who goes afk a lot, so I don't group, ever. I agree that it's annoying to sit through dialogue and then have to go into your quest book and delete the quest, then make a mental note that you should ignore that quest giver in the future. As was stated above, it would benefit both people who want to group and those who don't. Sounds like a very easy thing to do to change the quest icon to a different color or something similar.

• 1 month later...

I've been wanting this forever.

I usually skip heroics and there's nothing I hate more than getting all the way through a cutscene and seeing [HEROIC] suddenly appear in my quest tracker.

It would be nice to have some sort of visual indicator to know that I don't want to waste my time talking to an NPC.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes good basic suggestion that should not really be hard to implement. I think all quest givers on each planet should be marked with the relevant colour to so its level in relation to you grey, green, yellow or orange straight from the off on the map with perhaps a small H2 or H4 to mark out heroics and a tick if you have done them previously as its hard to keep track sometimes. Why the big secret in hiding quests until you right in the near area. Ofcourse some quest like the main story and faction quests only open up from doing previous quest so maybe these could be marked with a padlock so you now ok that must be a story or faction quest further down the line or a bonus quest.

O.k it not a massive issue but it will just make it alot easier to plan your missions on each planet knowing all that is on offer from the off and will save time going through all the NPC dialogue only to realise the mission is too easy or too hard for you at present or it’s a heroic you then realise you have done already. It will also save time looking in different area’s for the quest givers.

I think there should as be an option in preferences to deactivate any mission that have become grey aswell. ;)

• 7 months later...

Yeah I'd like this for the inverse reason. I blow past generic missions once I've done them a couple times across characters, but I always try to grab all the Heroics if people are online in the area, because I love group content.

The only problem is the chain system — sometimes Heroics unlock more normals (though, I think that's extremely rare), and sometimes a chain of normals unlocks a Heroic (this is fairly common, especially in Bonus Series).

I wish there was some way to know a given "normal" mission was going to lead to a Heroic.

• 6 months later...
That would be a little harder to make the distinction. I would suggest another color, like red or green. That would make the visual distinction easiest.

I would think purple would be the more obvious way to go with that since that's the color used for groups in chat (unless you've changed the settings I suppose) and on the map. Purple is also what I've seen suggested every time besides this that I've seen this suggestion come up.

Oh, hey... old topic that got bumped... It's still surprising that the devs haven't tossed in any tweak to address this though.

Yeah I'd like this for the inverse reason. I blow past generic missions once I've done them a couple times across characters, but I always try to grab all the Heroics if people are online in the area, because I love group content.

The only problem is the chain system — sometimes Heroics unlock more normals (though, I think that's extremely rare), and sometimes a chain of normals unlocks a Heroic (this is fairly common, especially in Bonus Series).

I wish there was some way to know a given "normal" mission was going to lead to a Heroic.

Getting into posts like this, it's starting to sound like something a bit more in-depth here. I mean, as I read this post I'm picturing a new screen (maybe adding a new tab to the mission log or even adding tabs to view this as an alternate view of the map) that would be a flowchart of all missions available on the current planet. Lines would tie together missions that require another mission as a prerequisite. A lock icon can show on any mission that you haven't met the level requirement or prerequisites for yet. Missions would of course be clearly marked whether they're Heroic 2 or Heroic 4 or Area or whatever else. And it would have some sort of indicator of where to look / who to look for to pick up each mission as well.

There is the gray triangle for missions you can't accept yet on Hutta, but it is Gianna's, and I think maybe the only one. If they continued to use that as the "locked" symbol it would be useful. They even have it in the tutorials, but I have never seen it over anyone else's head.