The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More companion customizations!

Who wouldn't want a Hutt Golden Fury paint job edition of HK, or a Dark steel red pain/light steel blue paint, or classic hk 47 customization for HK, or even customizations for companions who currently do not have any, like Sergant Rusk as an example.

Agreed, I'd love to see more Companion customization kits. For the droids (poor SCORPIO!) and non-playable race aliens especially, but also for the other Companions. Some of them have a really poor selection, even if they have a decent number available. For example, most of Andronikos' customizations have medium-dark skin and a bald or nearly bald hair style (which is close to his default look), and lack variety compared to the looks of, say, Elara or Corso.

And then there's some Companions where I could swear that the designer tried their hardest to make all of the customizations unappealing, or at least less appealing then the default (Vector and Tharan, I'm looking at you!). Either that, or that they just hit the random button. :p

IMHO, new Companion customizations would be the perfect thing to put in the cartel market. :)

I can speak mostly for agent's companions and I find it interesting that the best looks are the default looks. Not sure if it was intended. So for me it would make sense to buy new customizations only if they were significantly better than old ones.

and btw - I'd like to be able to transform SCORPIO to a hologram you see her as in one of the cutscenes. Let it be compeltely useless if you want, but I'd like to walk with her on the fleet like that :D

Edited by zzoorrzz

As a tangent, I wish we could make companion customizations based on other characters in our legacy. For example if you have a knight, and a female consular, you could make Kira look like your consular.

/sigh #duh.

Seriously though, some of them are just ridiculous. What's up with all the pencil mustaches? Seriously? Ugh.

Everyone who doesn't have one, should get a lot, everyone else, just some more. And can our Jedi companions please get some light side points, the dark side companions also need dark side points (and showing veins) I mean, this is just silly.

So yes, sign. I want my companion to look awesome! Also T7 ftw.

• 3 weeks later...

Might I suggest (realizing this will likely open up a whole other can of worms) that the same customization vendor they recently added for PCs be used to customize certain companions as well? Options for these companions will of course be limited to basic things such as hair, hair color, facial hair etc. A possible overview:

Restrictions:

- human companions will have the most options, though still likely restricted to the same body type and of course species

- nonhuman, organic companions (Khem, Qyzen, etc) will have limited options such as eye color; this maintains the viability of current companion customizations for these comps as body recolors with more complex patterns like Khem's don't fit in the current customization vendor UI

- droid companions would need the same kind of options as the nonhumans to change their color pattern, though obviously changing eye color for T7 does nothing

Such a system would allow people to change Kira/Vette/Doc/other humans to suit their precise look if they don't like the current customization options while maintaining said options as viable for the nonhumans and droids as customizing the latter two groups would require significantly more work.

Enough of me babbling. What do you guys think? :)

I rather like that idea. There are a lot of variations I'd like to play around with, but I don't need any more alts!

And while we are at it, can they please, please add proper skins to all of the companions so they can all wear covert and relaxed chest pieces?

Poor Doc. I really do not care too much for his different customizations. Would be very happy to have a few more to chose from the day that I lvl a second JK.

Really like how he looks at default, however I would like to have him a bit different for the next JK.

Edited by SilentKitty