Should I stack strength augs or power?

Hey guys I am gearing up my sentinel, I'm in all 69s with some 72s. Here is a link to my current build with my power/str augs.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/6ea8dbd7-98fd-4167-ab77-1b245db8dc23

Now I was shooting for 2600 str and then after reaching 24-25% crit stack up my power. I also don't know if I should get 100% accuracy for watchman or stick to my 99% or so. I also do have 2 piece bonus working on that 4th piece of arkanian gear.

Thank you guys

0 crit rating, all strength augments. Stay away from "A" mods. Get as close to 100% melee accuracy as you can. Some litte bit over 100 doesn't matter much as it still increases offhand accuracy.

You don't have to "shoot" for anything, the raw crit % is not important. Neither is your strength value. You want the sum of your power+strength as high as possible. Thats what counts.

Edited by atschai

The zero crit theory is under investigation: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=634861

In short: Most probably running something like 100-200 crit will - if at all - not lower your dps significantly compared to an all power build. So you don't need to substitute every single crit mod or crit enhancement with apower one - and thus save a little farming, since crit stuff seems to drop a lot more than power stuff :-)

If you've skilled focus/rage generation for critical hits on burning targets you might want to take that advantage into consideration as well, as more focus/rage not only helps dps but gives you increased tactical flexibility. But that's a minor issue if you're good at managing your resources anyway :-)

Stay away from "A" mods.

Are there 30a's? Does it really matter if you use 28a's in HM55's until you can replace them with 30's? I read somewhere that mainstat was better due to the Knight's buff. Assuming that's valid, wouldn't you want the A over the unlettered mod?

Are there 30a's? Does it really matter if you use 28a's in HM55's until you can replace them with 30's? I read somewhere that mainstat was better due to the Knight's buff. Assuming that's valid, wouldn't you want the A over the unlettered mod?

The A's have slightly more endurance (useless) and ~15 more strength at the cost of ~25 power. You're better off with the unlettered mod with less strength and endurance and more power.

Hey guys thanks for the input. Yeah I read on that 0 crit rating thread. It was interesting, just need more gear to be able to test that out for myself. I trust people on this forum that go into detail like that, but I guess does it fit what I want.

The A's have slightly more endurance (useless) and ~15 more strength at the cost of ~25 power.

Yep

You're better off with the unlettered mod with less strength and endurance and more power.

The question is... if the 66 tier gear is going to get replaced with 69's should I be overly concerned with "perfect" stats at the 66 tier?

BTW I replied about the mods but didn't address the OP's question.

I personally stack power augments. I have a full set (14-piece) of purple augments both strength and power. I tested the difference between the two. 14 purple strength augments gives you 1% to crit. 14 purple power augments gives you +10 to damage. I have way too much crit as is, so I went for the increase in damage personally.

Yep

The question is... if the 66 tier gear is going to get replaced with 69's should I be overly concerned with "perfect" stats at the 66 tier?

At the 66 tier I wouldn't bother with any min/maxing. I didn't even bother with this at the 69 level, but now I'm full 72's and am slowly getting my stats to where I want them.

Yes and no. As far as perfect balance, no don't worry about it at that gear level if advancing to the next one won't be difficult for you, but I'd still make a point to avoid alacrity and crit heavy pieces as they won't do much good for you. When I get moddable gear I rip out all the mods and put them were they are needed regardless so I do tend to min max a bit while gearing up. I do this because I really like how my character looks (so vanity, cus I like looking pretty).

While gearing up there are cases were my 63 enhancements have a better stat balance for what I need then the 66 or even 69's that I've had access to. When deciding if a mod is an upgrade for you should see what the sum of the strength and the power is. In a lot of cases the 30A mods have been an improvement over my 63. I do tend to favor strength over power but the difference between the two is minimal as far as over all dps is concerned. So Strength = Power. Like the above poster stated you want to avoid lettered mods because they are high endurance (typically at the expense of secondary stat). But that doesn't mean while gearing up that they won't be an improvement over what you currently are wearing.

Edited by Ilayas