Toon animation - change between REP/EMP

sponym

In my opinion it would be great if I could change animations in my JK - for those of juggernaut. (even payed)

Or if it would be connected to your aligment - if you are dark side you have sith animations and if light side you have sith animations - this change would be great.

• 1 month later...

That is about the most reasonable idea, that I have ever seen considering switching animations according to alignment.

After all, all those animations are already there, so the workload would be relatively low.

A fully dark aligned Jedi-Sage would not hurl pebbles but cast lightning... as the skills are mirrors in effect anyway, that wouldn't cause balance issues.

Yes, this idea sounds good.

• 1 month later...
Maybe there could also be an on-off switch, much like show/hide dark side corruption. The stances themselves aren't lore related anyway; for RP's, they could say their Jedi got lazy or something?

A fully dark aligned Jedi-Sage would not hurl pebbles but cast lightning...

I'm currently trying to imagine this : A light-aligned Sorcerer casting pebbles ... "How whiney", an evil Sorcerer wouzld say, "you can cast only tiny pebbles ? Just look at the REAL power !" - As he is starting to cast his lightning ...

In the end, this is rather showing how imbalanced both sides are :

Sage : Tiny pebbles

Sorceror : Lightstorm

Sage : extremely uncool

Sorceror : extremely cool

Which once again proves my theory that Bioware went after this route :

Sage : "Good is boring" : http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodIsBoring

Sorceror : "Evil is cool" : http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilIsCool

I'm currently trying to imagine this : A light-aligned Sorcerer casting pebbles ... "How whiney", an evil Sorcerer wouzld say, "you can cast only tiny pebbles ? Just look at the REAL power !" - As he is starting to cast his lightning ...

In the end, this is rather showing how imbalanced both sides are :

Sage : Tiny pebbles

Sorceror : Lightstorm

Sage : extremely uncool

Sorceror : extremely cool

Which once again proves my theory that Bioware went after this route :

Sage : "Good is boring" : http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodIsBoring

Sorceror : "Evil is cool" : http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilIsCool

Bioware has nothing to do with it. It's been that way since the first Star Wars films. Quick, who's more iconic? Luke or Darth Vader? And again in the prequels, "UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAA" is arguably the most memorable bit.

The Dark Side is tempting, while following the Light path is supposed to be its own reward.

On topic: Cool idea. That and fighting animations based on stance (Shii-Cho, Juyo, etc) which has already been suggested.

Edited by sofakingzoe

• 2 weeks later...
In my opinion it would be great if I could change animations in my JK - for those of juggernaut. (even payed)

Or if it would be connected to your aligment - if you are dark side you have sith animations and if light side you have sith animations - this change would be great.

Totally agree. Also it woudl be nice if juggernaut could use the same one handed weapon holding animation as jedi guardian.

Totally agree. Also it woudl be nice if juggernaut could use the same one handed weapon holding animation as jedi guardian.

Funny, as someone that knows how to swordfight, the Jedi animations...most of their attacks would get someone killed with allt he flourishing nonsense. The Sith Warrior's melee attacks are very direct and pinpoint, exactly like real world sword attacks.

Master Strike and Guardian strike are prime examples of sword manuevers that would get you ripped apart int he real world if you did them at the slow speeds int he game (and to be honest guardian strike will get you ripped apart at any speed witht hat pointless flourish before the attack).

As for sage and sorc...sorry the sorc looks less powerfull than the sage. The sorc's lightning based attacks I can re-create with a tesla coil and cunductor plates, you don't need the force to play with lightning. Also...a localized earthquake takes far more power to conjure up than a simple ionized cloud for localized lightning (serious, it is just a static cloud, we KNOW how to make those nearly on command using technology today, simple technology at that). Telekenisis, be it pebbles or large rocks/droids...is more impressive of a display than some lightning a trooper can also use. The difference is flashi-ness, that's all. So do you prefer launching things that, if we used physics properly in this game would utterly crush people, or a little bit of lightning that wearing the right kind of armor (you can easily ground bodyarmor so electricity does nothing to you, teslacoil light shows make use of this theory constantly) would render the person completely powerless against you? Substance over flash.

This comes from someone who primarily PvPs as a sorc due tot he fact pvping as a shadow tank can be far too anoying.

That is about the most reasonable idea, that I have ever seen considering switching animations according to alignment.

After all, all those animations are already there, so the workload would be relatively low.

A fully dark aligned Jedi-Sage would not hurl pebbles but cast lightning... as the skills are mirrors in effect anyway, that wouldn't cause balance issues.

Yes, this idea sounds good.

Abilities are not inherently good or evil. It's how you use them.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.