5 tick orbital parses in practice

Korbayne

And yeah its 8 man, but like the man said that increases overall raid single target too cause 5 ticks means I can put it down and just go back to single targeting also and everyone else gets to stay single targeting but its definately a massive increase to single target also. my starts are as follows Full Buffed with reusable nano stim

Cunning 3227

Endurance 2911

Damage Primary 1707-1858

accuracy 100.25

crit 21.95

surge 68.38

also for Im talkign for MM as usual board so i have faster orbital cast on a 45 second cooldown with 5 ticks and 15% bonus damage so its a integral part of my single target.

Every time I see people posting parses and they are getting 3k+ dps on them, it always makes me feel like I really suck at playing my character when I can only get around 24-2500 dps. But apparantly it looks like gear has a lot to do with it and I hadn't really realized it. Looking at your stats, you must be in almost full 72 gear - I'm in mostly 66-69 gear with no 72 items. But, now that I see your stats (I have like 600 less cunning or so) I don't feel bad. In other words, thanks for posting your stats.

Edited by genesiser

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I see people posting parses and they are getting 3k+ dps on them, it always makes me feel like I really suck at playing my character when I can only get around 24-2500 dps. But apparantly it looks like gear has a lot to do with it and I hadn't really realized it. Looking at your stats, you must be in almost full 72 gear - I'm in mostly 66-69 gear with no 72 items. But, now that I see your stats (I have like 600 less cunning or so) I don't feel bad. In other words, thanks for posting your stats.

I always recommend shooting to beat your last parse, not the top parse on a leaderboard. Keep making small refinements and getting your rotation perfect, the numbers will come. Those 3k parses can tell you rotations and tricks, but don't focus on trying to hit those numbers.

Unless you're really well geared, then you should always be shooting for the top of the leaderboard :p

What Evrydayimsmggln said.. Just one more thing, there are certain strategies that involve AoE which will inflate DPS on some fights. So the best way to improve is just to analyze your own logs and look at what others with same spec are doing :)

Every time I see people posting parses and they are getting 3k+ dps on them,

Do not be discouraged genesiser! That is only possible because of AoE. For example:

% of damage / Target / # of hits / Total damage done / DPS

Player 1: 100% - Thrasher - 596 - 643309 - 2596 DPS

Player 2: 51% - Thrasher - 181 - 282818 - 1458 DPS

You would think that Player 1 wins this round but torparse will rank Player 2 higher than Player 1 because if we check his AoE:

Player 2 = ~2800 DPS

36% - Mercenary Sniper - 67 - 199424 - 1028 DPS

12% - Mercenary Demolitionist - 39 - 69814 - 360 DPS

versus Player 1's 2596 DPS who did not drop Orbital Strike on the adds at all.

Practice your single target rotation on the dummy first and if possible ask for the single target DPS of someone you want to emulate. AoE DPS is important too don't get me wrong but we can have the other 3 or 8 people do that. Add the fact that all the AoE adds/fights in the current patch aren't really much of a threat and can be dispatched rather quickly (in comparison to trueAoE boss fights in WoW also known as Cleave Fights). So take those 3K parses with a grain of salt and practice your single target DPS first and foremost :)

Edited by paowee

I recognized player 2 as being pulled from this parse, and I can tell this gunslinger possesses above-average intelligence, as well as many other positive attributes.

:):o

Sigh see you guys on next weeks 16-m

Edited by paowee

So...how small a gap in cunning can you afford to lose as a marksman and yet still come out with the orbital being increased DPS? Clearly the new PVP armor added on offsets it. And the elite war hero offsets it.

But what about battlemaster armorings? Would the old battle master armorings be worth using or would the cunning from underworld to battle master make it not worth it?

Friend of mine has the new PVP, but only the old battlemaster and is unsure if they should still grab the set bonus.

So...how small a gap in cunning can you afford to lose as a marksman and yet still come out with the orbital being increased DPS? Clearly the new PVP armor added on offsets it. And the elite war hero offsets it.

But what about battlemaster armorings? Would the old battle master armorings be worth using or would the cunning from underworld to battle master make it not worth it?

Friend of mine has the new PVP, but only the old battlemaster and is unsure if they should still grab the set bonus.

I have no idea the "cunning value" of the set bonus. I recommend he tries it and sees what happens. It isn't TOO expensive to swap armorings around a few times, after all.