Has SWTOR team given up on legacy?

drfirewater

I just want to know if LEGACY is now just a thing they added and have no interest on improving anymore.

One of the early arguments about legacy was that a lot of people were already at 50 and the unlocks stop at what 15 or 20 or something like that.

I for one was hoping that Cathar would have been one of those free unlocks to legacy 50 as a thank you for no new species or classes and the dev response (I will edit and link if I can find it again) where they said they have no production plans for a new class which means we will not see a new class for at least 2 years more. Which I am hoping does not mean we wont see new ACs added to existing classes personally.

But what I want to know is where is the loyalist love? I have been legacy 50 since I don't know how long ... love this game and haven't stopped playing for more then two days straight since pre order early access. I have been through mergers and guild deaths over and over and over and love this game still. But still no love comes back for the legacy system.

5 level cap increase really was almost a waste of time I really hope there is a team working for a 15 level increase for next expansion. But also would love to see some nice legacy rewards for higher legacies. and maybe a legacy level increase to 60 or 70 with rewards that actually increase in value and make people want to grind the legacy levels.

Maybe even add Legacy gear to the Legacy Gear Vendors that is adaptive stat gear ... so the stats improve to the value of the lowest tier FP gear or previous levels raid gear (black hole). Maybe make Legacy gear that contains the set bonuses and requires lvl 50 legacy and large sums of money like 200-500k each piece.

Something should be done with legacy system and don't just let it die out because we have new players who are only legacy 20ish... they will hit 50 one day and having good reason for them to want to hit legacy 50 will only encourage them to roll alts and get involved in social aspects (FPs and Ops) for higher legacy exp and faster advancement.

The Gree event has legacy rewards. The achievement system was totally geared around legacy. The Dreadseed/Star Forager armor from the Seeker stuff is legacy bound. If you haven't seen any legacy stuff lately then you aren't looking very hard. I doubt you're going to see much new armor added to the legacy vendors though as too much legacy armor would completely undercut the Cartel Market and armor crafters. They want people to generally have to acquire gear....not just keep re-using the same legacy sets over and over.

The Gree event has legacy rewards. The achievement system was totally geared around legacy. The Dreadseed/Star Forager armor from the Seeker stuff is legacy bound. If you haven't seen any legacy stuff lately then you aren't looking very hard. I doubt you're going to see much new armor added to the legacy vendors though as too much legacy armor would completely undercut the Cartel Market and armor crafters. They want people to generally have to acquire gear....not just keep re-using the same legacy sets over and over.

This is a wonderful answer. Thank you.

This is a wonderful game. F2P or otherwise. This company needs to make money somehow and out of the various F2P MMO's out there, SWTOR is in a league of it's own.

"Given up on Legacy"? Did you not notice the entire massive Legacy Achievement system they added, with achievements catering to each and every possible playstyle?

And it's a damn amazing one at that. It's the first time in an MMO I've actually wanted to go after achievements because they are legacy-wide rather than character-specific.

Edited by Jenzali

"Given up on Legacy"? Did you not notice the entire massive Achievement system they added, with achievements catering to each and every possible playstyle?

And it's a damn amazing one at that. It's the first time in an MMO I've actually wanted to go after achievements because they are legacy-wide rather than character-specific.

How does that play into Legacy though? Legacy level XX is a requirement for YY...? Nope, not in the achievement system.

Legacy and Achievement are different.

What was the last feature they put in for Legacy, in that you needed to have a particular Legacy level to obtain something, but once you had that level, the thing was useful, interesting, and not also gated in some other manner?

What ability delay is making the game unplayable?

I suppose it's possible that it's not affecting everyone but there have been several posts in these forums on the topic.

I personally have experienced it many times where you click an ability button or hit a keybind and the ability takes a second or two to actually go off or doesn't go off at all. At first I attributed it to server latency but it's happened so many times where my latency is basically nil (<50MS) that I know at this point it has nothing to do with latency. And I'm one of many players to experience this.

EDIT: And no, said abilities were not on any CD global or otherwise. So that's not it either.

Edited by uziforyou

I think LEGACY has been given the shaft since Cartel Market happened. Many "Legacy" things became instant money making things instead.

ONE item I have noticed is the "Travel to Personal Starship" feature that was semi-deployed during the 2.0 rollout and had a couple issues with buying decreased slots. That's about it for recently updated.

What I've NOT seen that should be added to Legacy is REAL BENEFITS that don't require Credits or Coins to purchase and instead depend on your level of legacy to obtain. Some "COOL" features would be greatly appreciated, but almost everything cool goes to CM and/or costs money only. I think the MAX level in legacy that is used is like level 15 or 20 to purchase anything.

As someone else mentioned... "Legacy" and "Achievements" are completely different items.

Suggestions:

Level 10 Legacy - get a Ships OPS dummy for free

Level 20 Legacy - get a Ships PVP dummy for free

Level 30 Legacy - get a Ships Mailbox for free

Level 40 Legacy - get a Ships Repair droid for free

Level 50 Legacy - get a Ships GTN for free

Or DECREASE the cost of items for every 10 levels of Legacy. 150k items at level 10 would be 150k, but at level 50 they would be like 75k.

if they can't make money off of it..it's all but dead. The only thing not in this are things they kinda HAVE to release (like new ops etc)

Legacy? done.

Collectors edition which was also promised to get updates..yet hasn't...done.

etc.

They've gone back on so many things they promised to do it's rather disgusting.

Soon as the game bombed and started bleeding subs they all but gave up on anything else. It's obvious.