Questions About Character Customization Kiosk/Unlocks

SukaShen

I'm not sure if this is the best forum to post this, but I have some questions about the upcoming character customization kiosk that players more active in the community might be able to answer.

Does anyone know if there are going to be level restrictions on character customization/changing your character's race? From what I understand, the kiosks are located on the fleets and faction homeworlds. Does this mean we will have to wait until level 7-10 to travel to the fleet and change our toon's race/appearance? Do we have to use the kiosk to change our characters' appearances or can it be done remotely through the Cartel Market?

I'm not sure if this is the best forum to post this, but I have some questions about the upcoming character customization kiosk that players more active in the community might be able to answer.

Does anyone know if there are going to be level restrictions on character customization/changing your character's race? From what I understand, the kiosks are located on the fleets and faction homeworlds. Does this mean we will have to wait until level 7-10 to travel to the fleet and change our toon's race/appearance? Do we have to use the kiosk to change our characters' appearances or can it be done remotely through the Cartel Market?

There is probably no level restriction except to be high enough to access those areas.

But seriously why pay 800 CC ( the price for a race change as a sub ) on a lvl 10 character when it really takes 2hrs to get to that level. Same goes for appearance except if some choices are not in character creation i don't see the use.

There is probably no level restriction except to be high enough to access those areas.

But seriously why pay 800 CC ( the price for a race change as a sub ) on a lvl 10 character when it really takes 2hrs to get to that level. Same goes for appearance except if some choices are not in character creation i don't see the use.

This.

Really from level 1-20 I would just delete the character and start again if I didn't like the look of it... In fact, I've done this many many times already :o

Edited by Avatarless

Where did you get that information from?

Where did you get that information from?

I don't know where they got their information from, but there are interviews at a bunch of fan-sites mentioned in this week's Community round-up, and the 800 coin unlock is mentioned on them, as well as $600 for a species change, IIRC.

CC600 seems to be in line with the current species unlocks, and I guess they decided CC800 was the pain-point for legacy wide Cathar. Steep, but I daresay they'll get it. Knew i was hoarding my coins for something :).

I don't know where they got their information from, but there are interviews at a bunch of fan-sites mentioned in this week's Community round-up, and the 800 coin unlock is mentioned on them, as well as $600 for a species change, IIRC.

CC600 seems to be in line with the current species unlocks, and I guess they decided CC800 was the pain-point for legacy wide Cathar. Steep, but I daresay they'll get it. Knew i was hoarding my coins for something :).

According to that it states that there will be a discount on species change in the designer, but not for the cathar unlock. The cathar will cost 600CC to unlock for everyone. So if you have a species unlocked it will cost a certain number of CC to change, and if you dont have it unlocked it will cost the CC of the unlock (same as in legacy) plus the CC to change. That leads me to believe that just changing species wont be exuberantly priced at 800CC like the poster i quoted said.

In fact, i cant find anywhere that references the 800CC cost quoted.

It seems to be a random number taken from someones rumpa.

Right now the cost for unlocking a species will be the same as it is in legacy, its just that you can do it in the customization kiosk as well.

Switching species is still an unknown cost tho.

It will most likely be the highest cost of the customizations (not counting the species unlock) but i doubt it will be more than 100CC with discount.

EDIT: nevermind, i saw the cost was supposed to be 800 for subs... thats not gonna happen.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Does this mean we will have to wait until level 7-10 to travel to the fleet and change our toon's race/appearance?

Whoa whoa wait, let me get this straight. You're telling me you'd rather spend hundreds of Cartel Coins than reroll a character from level 1 to 3? ¿!¡?

Does this mean we will have to wait until level 7-10 to travel to the fleet and change our toon's race/appearance?
It takes like 2-3 hours to get to Capital planet I mean c'mon, you can't wait 2 hours to change your character's look 2 hours after you just created it? :tran_eek:

Whoa whoa wait, let me get this straight. You're telling me you'd rather spend hundreds of Cartel Coins than reroll a character from level 1 to 3? ¿!¡?
Or that lol. Edited by Pietrastor

According to that it states that there will be a discount on species change in the designer, but not for the cathar unlock. The cathar will cost 600CC to unlock for everyone. So if you have a species unlocked it will cost a certain number of CC to change, and if you dont have it unlocked it will cost the CC of the unlock (same as in legacy) plus the CC to change. That leads me to believe that just changing species wont be exuberantly priced at 800CC like the poster i quoted said.

In fact, i cant find anywhere that references the 800CC cost quoted.

It seems to be a random number taken from someones rumpa.

Right now the cost for unlocking a species will be the same as it is in legacy, its just that you can do it in the customization kiosk as well.

Switching species is still an unknown cost tho.

It will most likely be the highest cost of the customizations (not counting the species unlock) but i doubt it will be more than 100CC with discount.

EDIT: nevermind, i saw the cost was supposed to be 800 for subs... thats not gonna happen.

According to point #9 of the interview i just referenced it is no supposition. I think it's fairly priced not TOO much so it's not affordable BUT enough so people don't change species every day!

The way I understoof it was 800CC = 200CC for species change and 600CC for race unlock, like it is right now (or 1.5 million credits through Legacy, or well, MUCH cheaper race unlock on GTN :p). Could be wrong though.

I don't understand it your way but we'll see :D And i'm pretty sure i saw somewhere there will not be a way to purchase appearance channges including species with regular credits. Not the actual unlocks that are purchaseable with credits ( except cathar only CC ) but the change itself. Only CC

The way I understoof it was 800CC = 200CC for species change and 600CC for race unlock, like it is right now (or 1.5 million credits through Legacy, or well, MUCH cheaper race unlock on GTN :p). Could be wrong though.

I do somehow doubt it will be 200CC for a species change. . . because a species change will give you full recustomization. And I don't think they'll charge that little.

800CC for JUST the species change sounds about right to me, depending on the prices of each customization slider. More than I'm willing to spend -- but I'm sure plenty of people will.

I guess we will see -- should be getting some concrete answers on this stuff soon. I'm guessing they'll be dropping 2.1 by the end of May.

I do somehow doubt it will be 200CC for a species change. . . because a species change will give you full recustomization. And I don't think they'll charge that little.

800CC for JUST the species change sounds about right to me, depending on the prices of each customization slider. More than I'm willing to spend -- but I'm sure plenty of people will.

I guess we will see -- should be getting some concrete answers on this stuff soon. I'm guessing they'll be dropping 2.1 by the end of May.

Even though i don't like the way they've handled the way the info got out for 2.1 i don'T think we'll know anything more about customization from the devs. Maybe about other stuff in the update though. Courtney did say HERE that the info was in the community round-up from last Friday. The way i understand it : they won't say anything else. They're trying to give some spotlight to the fansites which is great but i feel it's not the right way to do it. A lot of people will think it's rumored stuff OR that it's only part of the info and they are waiting for the devs to give more OR confirm.

I would've done it another way A Sticky with the Label : All the info about Update 2.1 : Customization Right here. And then in that thread small resume of what the article is and a link. I know the community round-up does this BUT it doesn'T have the same impact. It's the first time they're doing this and people must KNOW about it.

Edit : typos :rak_03:

Edited by Veerlo

Even though i don't like the way they've handled the way the info got out for 2.1 i don'T think we'll know anything more about customization from the devs. Maybe about other stuff in the update though. Courtney did say HERE that the info was in the community round-up from last Friday. The way i understand it : they won't say anything else. They're trying to give some spotlight to the fansites which is great but i feel it's not the right way to do it. A lot of people will think it's rumored stuff OR that it's only part of the info and they are waiting for the devs to give more OR confirm.

I would've done it another way A Sticky with the Label : All the info about Update 2.1 : Customization Right here. And then in that thread small resume of what the article is and a link. I know the community round-up does this BUT it doesn'T have the same impact. It's the first time they're doing this and people must KNOW about it.

Edit : typos :rak_03:

I more meant, we will probably see the information in the Patch Notes, once they're released. I don't believe we will get any more information until then -- but I'd imagine we will see the Patch Notes at least 3 days prior to the release of the patch. Maybe more -- but they always seem to get blasted when they release info early and it changes.

But that would then mean 1400CC to change to, say, Chiss versus 600CC to change to Cathar. More than twice as much. Kind of hard to believe this too.

I more meant, we will probably see the information in the Patch Notes, once they're released. I don't believe we will get any more information until then -- but I'd imagine we will see the Patch Notes at least 3 days prior to the release of the patch. Maybe more -- but they always seem to get blasted when they release info early and it changes.

Actually last patches they released the patch notes BEFORE the patch was released and it's a welcomed change :D

We need to educate the community that if they want more communication they have to be open minded about changes to them before they hit live. Which is almost an impossible task with THIS community! lol but i have faith!

But that would then mean 1400CC to change to, say, Chiss versus 600CC to change to Cathar. More than twice as much. Kind of hard to believe this too.

Nope change to cathar would be 1400 CC also if you didn'T unlock the specie before.

Example 1 : I have unlocked Pureblood Sith with my lvl 50 Sorcerer. Changing my lvl 25 chiss to Sith Pureblood would cost me 800 cc ( specie change only )

Example 2 : I didn't unlock the chiss specie yet so changing my lvl 26 twilek to chiss would cost me 1400 CC ( 600 CC for the unlock and 800 CC for the specie change )

Little hint : Most specie changes are sold on the GTN for 100-200k credits. Just buy that NOW ( you know some greedy ones will buy all of them and sell them higher when 2.1 goes live ) and then you'll only have to spend the 800 CC specie change!

Hmm... i guess 800 would be fair if you dont have to pay for the rest of the customizations after that (as in you get a clean slate for 800CC and can pick any customization for that race without paying extra at that time)

That's my view on it. 600cc would be nicer -- since you can buy an entire species unlock for that prices. I probably won't blow any CC on a species-change though.

I'm still hoping they'll give a discount when purchasing both a species change AND the species (if in CC only). Like, Cathar + species change: Normally 1400 CC, but only 1000 CC when purchased together. Otherwise, I don't know that many people will use the species change.