The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who is the oldest Geezer here?

MSchuyler

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son plays and confessed that he has never told his guild that his mother plays--much less asked the guild to invite me to join.

This cracked me up :D Don't take it personally, it's like when parents joke about going to a party with their kids, most terrifying joke ever xD

:eek: I'm actually 67 - LOL ... I've moved from game to game ... and loving SW:TOR!!! :cool::)

Looks like you're tied with LWMWEB. OK. Month/Day/Year, you two. This could be a squeaker!

My 14 year old grandson tells me I must never say his real name when we are on together because he is masquerading as a twenty-something software designer with a year old son whose job it is, well, perhaps I'd better say no more.....Hey, I made it to level 29 with my smuggler yesterday, a hard fought battle on Alderaan! (God, I hate killicks!)

Edited by MSchuyler

I'll be 60 July 6th. Been in puters since 71. Playing games online since 94. First "sort of" online game was DOOM on a BBS server in Indpls. SWTOR was my 44th beta. I have now done 46 betas. When I first found out I could play games on a computer, I was like, ohhhh I can work AND play. lol :cool:

I am currently subbed to this game SWTOR. and STO and 2 accts on EVE online. (i run 2 instances of the game on the same computer but with 2 monitors). and RIFT, and GUILD WARS 2. I'm disabled and on O2 now but it don't keep me from gaming, grin. :D

I'm in my mid 40"s and been a gamer most of my life, not mmo's though. I will admit that wow was my first and didn't start that until the third expansion. i retired from the other game when swtor first launched and never looked back. I've been a Star Wars nut ever it came as I was a kid. I remember my first computer Trs 80. My first favorite game was "Dungeons of Dagorath" I recently looked at it on youtube, yeah.......is it chessey compared to games today, does put some truth on your age. Is there any "Guilds" exisiting with players 40+ only? I would gladly support it :)-

P.s. Congrates!! to the ones that are in the 60's here, don't worry, I'll catch up....lol.

Well, I am in my 50s. I was a system programmer on PLATO at UIUC (Illinois) in the 70s where MMOs really started (Oubliette, Avatar). I've played paper DND for many hours, knew all the original Star Trek episodes by heart (and ST:TNG as well) and remember lining up for star wars movies (Episodes 4, 5 and 6) at the cinema early morning with all my PLATO friends (go Duosoft!). I've played NWN, WoW, EQ2, RIFT, GW2 and of course SWTOR. I look forward to ESO, but I do still love star wars. My wife addresses me as "my lord", befitting my statue on the dark council. Yeah, I do love the Sith and everything Star Wars. Is there an old geezer guild?

Closer to 60 than 55. ;)

Cut my MMO teeth on vanilla WoW. Played a few others, too. During WotLK we had a guildie who played a Boomkin. I thought he was 17. It turned out I had misheard him. He was 70! :eek: That explained why he was always on.

Is there an old geezer guild?

No, but see the link to a similar thread in my initial post. There are some guilds that have an age requirement, e.g. over 18 and some "appreciate" older players. One problem is that we're spread out over different servers and guilds tend to be server-specific.

I am sixty almost 61 (born August of 1952). Started out playing D&D in the seventies and just kept playing. As new formats came into being just kept playing using the new tech.

This however is the first MMO I have Stuck with not because of age gap, but just because i find this game fun.

I also shy away for Guilds and Flashpoints just because of age differences and my poor old eyes and shot reflexes hurt in combat, things 'youngsters' don't understand.

Need to have a Geezers Guild here where all us old foogies can hang out in.

I am 61. I find I am glad to be here. I play with The Wife and the Elder Son. We missed being founders over at ddo by about a month. We played there until they got stupid.

Came here with a guildie as founders and we now play as a group of four three or two. My reflexes and memory preclude me from doing anything solo or outside our grouping. Heroics? Flash points? Pug groups? Oh heck no. Although we finally did earn our HK 51 droid.

The Wife and I are proud of our altoholic tendencies. It gives us a real feel for the whole game.

We will play as long as we can have fun.

My grandmother is almost 72--and, though she doesn't play SWTOR (yet!!!--I hope), she plays Guild Wars every day in the morning. I did tell her that she might enjoy SWTOR, so she may be downloading it soon, hehe. Grandma was always a gamer. When I was a kid, she always had the latest Nintendo games, and she'd sit there for hours playing Mario and Zelda--her grandkids had to fight her for the controller sometimes. Really awesome lady.

My grandmother is almost 72--and, though she doesn't play SWTOR (yet!!!--I hope), she plays Guild Wars every day in the morning. I did tell her that she might enjoy SWTOR, so she may be downloading it soon, hehe. Grandma was always a gamer. When I was a kid, she always had the latest Nintendo games, and she'd sit there for hours playing Mario and Zelda--her grandkids had to fight her for the controller sometimes. Really awesome lady.

Tell your Granny if she shows up she wins the prize. We're up to 70 so far. Just have to get confirmation of who is the oldest 70 year old, so time is running out!

Edited by MSchuyler

Hi! 59 Granny here. Just started playing this game. I started off with Nintendo Might and Magic, moved to Diablo and all the original Warcrafts, to WoW and LOTRO. I remember wanting to play D&D so very long ago, but never had the time. I was deep into WoW raiding with the Lich King expansion, and got burned out. Even had my own guild. It was way too much like work, and my arthritic hands are just not so fast anymore. PVP? Forget it! My blood pressure shoots through the roof! I'm really liking SWTOR so far, but would love to find a geezer guild somewhere. Any suggestions?

I Won't list my age but lets see i hit the level cap in swtor.....

Thats not so old, come back when you reach the level cap in Final Fantasy 11 :p

Anyway, give me 4 1/2 years and I'll be 45

There's another thread concerning "older" players, the "45 and older professional club" here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=194387 and there have been some interesting and fun posts, but I quickly learned that a lot of people think they are "old" for playing an MMORPG if they are over thirty.

My youngest kid is over thirty, my oldest over 40, both sniveling little whiners. At least they don't live at home in the basement. And I have seven grandchildren. The oldest, 14, taught me this game. So when I hear someone is "old" at 35 I do the usual mature thing and ROTFLMAO in hysterics. Of course, it's kind of hard to get up off the floor these days, but still.....

So, WHO is the oldest geezer here? I am 64 in a few days (5/21/49),

Beat that.

P.S. There's a prize. And no cheating!

Well hello.I have been playing this game for about 3 yrs now.Was on UO,WOW and others before this.I am 64 now dob being 02/09/1949

but would love to find a geezer guild somewhere. Any suggestions?

Our problem is that we're spread out over several servers, and though there may be some multi-server guilds I think most are on a single server. It takes 4 people to make a guild start. I'm on Harbinger myself. If it turns out there are a great many Geezers here (or somewhere else it might be worthwhile to give it a try.

Wow,

I had to post and join this elite group. I just turned 50 on 5/6 and am glad there are more out here that are older gamers. I have been running our guild since 1996 and have met many good people but very rarely anyone older than I am. As most of you here have posted, I have been in many other games to include multiple beta tests....which makes me wonder, why don't some of these developers use this experience we all have to make a game? Maybe us "elders" don't have the greatest reaction times but we do have different ways of looking at things. I know that when I go into a game I am not looking for instant gratification but really want to be entertained for the long haul. This was one of the reasons I loved SWG before the dreaded NGE, there was so much to do and get involved in. Just my opinion of course. Thanks for starting this thread!