The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Let us vendor our useless Cartel Market trash

So many people have asked for this for so long now, it makes it painfully obvious how these "Suggestion Box" areas are most likely virtual black holes where ideas go to die, never having anyone at BioWare even looking at them. But still some people (like me) feel the need to struggle against such futility....

All Cartel Market items have a "default" value assigned to them, but most items cannot be sold to vendors even so. This must change. Players are spending real world money -- through subscription fees and coin purchases -- and getting not just "nothing" for their money, but money sinks. Not credit sinks, but dollar sinks, pound sinks, euro sinks.

BioWare, you advertise these packs as if all the goods they generate have some value. The fact that no one buys much of this gear from the GTN because it is so common proves otherwise. Advertising items of value for sale for real currency and returning ZERO value is otherwise known as fraud or theft. Do you REALLY want people to start taking you to small claims court to get real value from the items they purchase from you? With several cargo holds full of Cartel Market garbage, I am just about to that point myself.

Get your lawyers ready, BioWare ... I'm not threatening, I'm just sayin' ....

It's maybe a swindle, but the exact wording of the advertisements is very careful. They don't say that all items in the packs have value, just that you can get items of value from the packs. So I give anyone going to court or some consumer organisation very little chance to get something out of it, while Bioware/EA would at best get a soft slap on the hands.

Nonetheless, I DO agree that the items should be vendorable. They cost enough real money to warrant an in-game vendor value of at least 10k/pack if you ask me. Preferrably even 50k.

So yes, we should be able to vendorize the Jawagrams and most common clothes for 5k a piece, and we should be able to sell the common speeders for 25k each, the uncommon speeders for 50k each, and the rare speeders for 125k a piece.

This would certainly help clean up the inventory of a LOT of players, stabilize the economies to a sensible level (an adaptive speeder from the GTN is CHEAPER than a 90% speeder from the vendor, that's simply stupid!) and reduce the sense of suckage when a player encounters the double-jawa-whammie in one of the packs.

Yes, more credits would enter the economy as well, but mostly in small amounts. And they'll leave just as fast on peoples' repair bill. :)

I really resent having a load of crap that I can't sell on the GTN or Vendor, especially when I have paid real money for it. It is really frustrating.

Though I would be happy to keep the Jawagrams IF I can set the Jawa's on fire and watch them burn as they leave the game world.

It's maybe a swindle, but the exact wording of the advertisements is very careful. They don't say that all items in the packs have value, just that you can get items of value from the packs....

True, but anything that can be equipped has both a default value if you want to put it up on the GTN and, more importantly, a value listed if you open a vendor window and try to sell it. That there is a value on its tooltip even though you cannot vendor it is the sort of confusing bull***** that would make the current state of affairs difficult for BW/EA to defend to a judge, I'm sure....

Yeah, I agree with this topic. I've been getting tired of ending up with tons of Ball Tosses, Intimidate and Menace Emotes that I don't want.... and then not being able to have them get sold on the GTN (repeatedly).

A Vendor to sell them to would be nice.

• 5 months later...

These items can't be sold because they can be duplicated infinitely through the collections interface... I don't know, maybe the unbound ones should be sellable. Or maybe you should just hold on to them until they become somewhat rare, when those packs are removed from the market.

I wish I could at least sell them for the value of the mods inside, sometimes...

I wish we could just bring up a list of all items in the collection pack and pick certain items to spawn instead of all of them.

I collect and unlock whole sets for just 1 item, I don't need all of them to spawn in my backpack.

These items can't be sold because they can be duplicated infinitely through the collections interface... I don't know, maybe the unbound ones should be sellable. Or maybe you should just hold on to them until they become somewhat rare, when those packs are removed from the market.

I wish I could at least sell them for the value of the mods inside, sometimes...

As you mentioned, just to allow unbound items to be able to be sold.

I wish we could just bring up a list of all items in the collection pack and pick certain items to spawn instead of all of them.

I collect and unlock whole sets for just 1 item, I don't need all of them to spawn in my backpack.

First world problems... :rolleyes: