Can the community team plz give an upfront response

NeoIshamael

I have gone through the community round-up and I have found absolutely no mention of anything for game "update" 2.1 that does not have to do with the cartel market driven kiosk and cathar. Are there any flashpoints or warzones that are to be released during this time? Is there any content of significance that does not have to do with cartel coins ( I know about the artifice addition )? I am frustrated because 2.1 seems solely geared towards the cartel market. Now we have to wait until mid or late summer for 2.2 which may or may not add PVE or PVP upgrades?

I would just like to say that I know nothing about the design/ development process concerning games. However, is it really that difficult to release 1-3 new flashpoints? It has been over a year since any new flashpoints were added. Some may consider the four new hardmode flashpoints "new" but I am referring to a release of something like Kaon or Lost Island.

I know there is something in development from darthhater with a datamine but if memory serves me correct this has been in the game files for months. I do not know if the Quality Team is coddling content too much or if this system is just too complex.

Not to leave out PvP but how difficult would it be to redesign the Rancor Pit in KP and have that serve as a basis for arena teams?

Sorry to everyone for a little rant but I just feel that there should be something besides Quality of Life changes the majority of which has to do with the cartel market.

Edited by NeoIshamael
Structure

I have gone through the community round-up and I have found absolutely no mention of anything for game "update" 2.1 that does not have to do with the cartel market driven kiosk and cathar. Are there any flashpoints or warzones that are to be released during this time? Is there any content of significance that does not have to do with cartel coins ( I know about the artifice addition )? I am frustrated because 2.1 seems solely geared towards the cartel market. Now we have to wait until mid or late summer for 2.2 which may or may not add PVE or PVP upgrades?

I laughed, I laughed and laughed and am still laughing while typing this. The answer is a resounding No

They need more money

We don't know yet.

We have very little details about 2.1 . Tomorrow we are supposed to get more information. I would assume after tomorrow it will go back this website to actually announce details instead of the community.

That is really unfortunate. I have no problem with a business trying to maximze profits. However, the release of new content should keep players "active" for longer periods of time. This should increase the base of purchases from the cartel market whether it be unlocks/ customization/ cartel packs.

We don't know yet.

We have very little details about 2.1 . Tomorrow we are supposed to get more information. I would assume after tomorrow it will go back this website to actually announce details instead of the community.

Okay I did not know. Hopefully, there is something. Thanks!

Yeah. Right now anyone who says "No" just has a stick up their *** right now, Bioware has been very hush.

The only people I would actually trust are the sites that have gotten information and yellow posts...

Well, the title of the patch is called "Customization"

If that doesn't give you a gigantic clue than I don't know what will

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Very disheartening hence the reason why I was hoping for yellow post. So I guess the PVE and PVP community get the short end of the stick. I feel really bad for the PvPers though they have not had an updated in what 6 months? The earliest they will see one is possibly July or August. Sad.

Don't be silly, Lost Island, the new raid and the warzone were revealed a month+ before release

2.1 is coming out at end of month, they would've revealed the new FP/WZ already if one was coming

Really. So maybe (now stick with me here) they may have changed how they announced things in the last year and half. Amazing isnt it? We probably still have a month before 2.1 comes out. Plenty of time for them to announce a new warzone or a fp.

My point is that saying "No" is moronic because we DON'T know. However, yes, there MAY not be new content. But to say that just because of the name and what we have seen so far that we will not get any new content is crazy.

Really. So maybe (now stick with me here) they may have changed how they announced things in the last year and half. Amazing isnt it? We probably still have a month before 2.1 comes out. Plenty of time for them to announce a new warzone or a fp.

My point is that saying "No" is moronic because we DON'T know. However, yes, there MAY not be new content. But to say that just because of the name and what we have seen so far that we will not get any new content is crazy.

It's coming out at the end of May if they wanna keep to their 6-8 weeks

They've never revealed a new FP/WZ 4 weeks before release

They've stated its gonna be a QoL patch

They've given no clues/hint/indication a new FP/WZ is coming

The patch is entitled "Customization" with Barbershop, Dyes, and Cathar being heavily advertised

Logically one would conclude no new FPs/Wzs are coming

If you wanna have hope, go ahead. I will be here to laugh when it's dashed

It's coming out at the end of May if they wanna keep to their 6-8 weeks

They've never revealed a new FP/WZ 4 weeks before release

They've stated its gonna be a QoL patch

They've given no clues/hint/indication a new FP/WZ is coming

The patch is entitled "Customization" with Barbershop, Dyes, and Cathar being heavily advertised

Logically one would conclude no new FPs/Wzs are coming

If you wanna have hope, go ahead. I will be here to laugh when it's dashed

I agree. I have played Wow, GW2, and Rift and the development cycle on this game is horrid. However, its StarWars so Bioware knows they have a great IP. If it wasn't, I am sure this game would be less populated than Rift.

I agree. I have played Wow, GW2, and Rift and the development cycle on this game is horrid. However, its StarWars so Bioware knows they have a great IP. If it wasn't, I am sure this game would be less populated than Rift.

Bingo. The only weight this game and Bioware has is it's Star Wars. If it didn't have the name this game would've died and shut down last year

Is that why Galaxies lasted as long as it did?

Wait, don't answer that. Of course that's why.

Thank god then , o wait there's no god here. At least SWTOR survived the down turn before these new MMO's are even out and it probably has helped them work out their own payment models.

My payment model was far greater than i would have hoped , $550 pc then $1100 laptop and alas still no PSO2 :)

Cheers,

BadOrb.

2.0 has been out for less than a month and that brought a brand-new Operation, Nightmare Mode for an existing Op, a bunch of new Dailies, and the slate of lvl 55 HM Flashpoints. I'm not trying to go all 'fanboi' here, but I don't see why people would have a problem with the update immediately after that being a Quality-of-Life update, especially with things people have been requesting for a while: a new species, a species-change/barbershop, character renaming, and armor dye.

Yeah, 2.2 better have some combo of a brand-new Flashpoint, Warzone or max-level Daily Area (like Black Hole/Sec.X), but I think that what we've already had announced for 2.1 is a fair amount of new stuff for an update, especially when it's coming on the heels of RotHC.

2.0 has been out for less than a month and that brought a brand-new Operation, Nightmare Mode for an existing Op, a bunch of new Dailies, and the slate of lvl 55 HM Flashpoints. I'm not trying to go all 'fanboi' here, but I don't see why people would have a problem with the update immediately after that being a Quality-of-Life update, especially with things people have been requesting for a while: a new species, a species-change/barbershop, character renaming, and armor dye.

Yeah, 2.2 better have some combo of a brand-new Flashpoint, Warzone or max-level Daily Area (like Black Hole/Sec.X), but I think that what we've already had announced for 2.1 is a fair amount of new stuff for an update, especially when it's coming on the heels of RotHC.

I think the problem (if it is true and there is no content) is generally a 2.X patch should have some sort of content. It feels like if there is no content it should however be a 2.0.X patch.

If there is no content i would be ok on one of 2 things happening:

1. The patch comes out very soon, as in before the 8 week mark

2. The patch includes many fixes and QOL enhancements.

If there is no content I am hoping for a mix of the 2. But right now I am still hoping that they pull something and we get something new.

As far as the problem with the flashpoints. We have not truly gotten a new flashpoint since I believe 1.2. About a year ago. We have gotten some converted into HM's with new mechanics or a new bonus boss.

But people really want something new to sink their teeth into.

Really... http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0/legacy oh look... it was named "LEGACY"... what this... CONTENT

so... NO

^ This. The 1.2 "Legacy" update included a new top tier FP, a new Op, a new WZ, Black hole dailies, new gear tiers, Nightmare Pilgrom WB on Voss, and a list of other things. Sure, "Customization" will be the main focus with the introduction of the kiosk and Cathar species, but there will certainly be other bug fixes and likely content in the 2.1 update as well.