Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Seriously how dumb can some players get?

DarthWoad

What is SO difficult about defending a pylon on Ancient hypergates....

Each game..i go to the enemy pylon as a stealth in to try and ninja cap...because to WIN the game you need to do the OBJECTIVES and the most beneficial objective to win ARE THE PYLONS because if you cap NO PYLONS YOU LOSE THE GAME. Anyway we had one pylon..they had one pylon..they were controlling midddle..they had more kills/points..they had healers we didnt so obviously i did the right thing and attempted to cap their pylon which i did.

Yet I capture their pylon because some noob stood too close to it...their entire team came along and I was asking for support but no one came...and I check the map and NO ONE is defending our pylon...

Basically we double capped then they double capped us first round so I left warzone because i refuse to play with those donkeys. I cannot comprehend how seriously dumb these people are its just mega facepalm uhhhh

And for all you people assuming in this thread...i capped their pylon with around 30s left on the clock

Edited by DarthWoad

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Each game..i go to the enemy pylon as a stealth in to try and ninja cap...because to WIN the game you need to do the OBJECTIVES and the most beneficial objective to win ARE THE PYLONS because if you cap NO PYLONS YOU LOSE THE GAME.

Yet I capture their pylon because some noob stood too close to it...their entire team came along and I was asking for support but no one came...and I check the map and NO ONE is defending our pylon...

Basically we double capped then they double capped us first round so I left warzone because i refuse to play with those donkeys

Why did you ninja their node with that much time left in the round?

Each game..i go to the enemy pylon as a stealth in to try and ninja cap...because to WIN the game you need to do the OBJECTIVES and the most beneficial objective to win ARE THE PYLONS because if you cap NO PYLONS YOU LOSE THE GAME.

Basically we double capped then they double capped us first round so I left warzone because i refuse to play with those donkeys

Funny why didn't you just go to your pylon and defend node. You didn't have to go there pylon to begin with. You say objectives, but the objective of AH isn't to get other pylon it is defend yours, kill mid, and grab orbs. You blame your teammates but you are the one not playing objectives. You go there pylon and die so basically you are give them free points. We have a thread on pvp forums about you. Check it out it is called my favorite pvp teammates.

Perhaps if you capped their pylon in the last 30 seconds or so, as opposed to grabbing AS SOON AS THE ROUND STARTS...maybe it won't get capped back? :D

Thats exactly what I did...i capped it when the time was around 30 seconds... their whole team came along...obviously i cant mezz all of them so i had to come out of stealth..i quickly died as 5 of them were killing me...they capped the pylon then 2 seconds later they capped the other pylon.

Capping the enemy pylon early is a good way to feed them 2-20 free kills as your guys trickle in one at a time trying to delay them but ultimately failing while they come back with 4 orbs. If you want to take the enemy pylon early, make sure you send a healer on the initial assault as well.

Thats exactly what I did...i capped it when the time was around 30 seconds... their whole team came along...obviously i cant mezz all of them so i had to come out of stealth..i quickly died as 5 of them were killing me...they capped the pylon then 2 seconds later they capped the other pylon.

So you already had pylon but decided to cap there node instead of defending? hmm.. now who is not playing objectives. :eek:

If you can't hold it yourself, should have waited longer. You shouldn't need reinforcements.

Funny why didn't you just go to your pylon and defend node. You didn't have to go there pylon to begin with. You say objectives, but the objective of AH isn't to get other pylon it is defend yours, kill mid, and grab orbs. You blame your teammates but you are the one not playing objectives. You go there pylon and die so basically you are give them free points. We have a thread on pvp forums about you. Check it out it is called my favorite pvp teammates.

I'm sorry did you even read what I wrote? I shall explain this as if you were a 5 year old

1. 7 team members go left...obviously we cap our pylon..I go right to survey the area..see if there are any stealth or whatever

2. 30 seconds left on the clock..i mezz the guy defending

3. i cap the pylon

4. whole team comes and tries to cap pylon

5. i call for help ..no one comes

6. i have to come out of stealth to interrupt them

7..they kill me..cap pylon

8. they cap our other pylon because no one was defending it

Yes i blame my team mates because none of them were defending the pylon. Why is that so difficult for you to understand? They had the lead because they were getting the orbs plus they had control of the middle with 2 healers

Edited by DarthWoad

So you already had pylon but decided to cap there node instead of defending? hmm.. now who is not playing objectives. :eek:

They basically controlled middle...which means they were in the lead unless we capped their pylon

One thing people don't realize is that unlike Alderaan or Novare Coast, 'stalling' is irrelevent because as long as the other side had one pylon at the end of the round they get credit for all the kills they accumulated during that round. This means even with relatively little time left on the ground, you have to be absolutely sure you can hold the pylon. Capping it alone is not enough.

Stalling only makes sense if you think this will cause them to overcommit to their pylon, allowing you to get the orbs. Even then, you have to be sure that you give up less than 8 kills there. I've seen 'stalling' efforts that easily cost the other side 10 guys, and at that point I don't really care if your side grabbed all 4 orbs because we got 10 kills and 10 kills > 8 kills. Usually you only get 4 kills for orbs because it's likely one orb is already grabbed for whatever reason, so you grabbed the 3 that wasn't grabbed, guaranteeing the other team will grab the 4th orb when it respawns so you're only 2 orbs ahead.

They basically controlled middle...which means they were in the lead unless we capped their pylon

If they controlled middle then your team is definitely outmatched (though part of it might be because your team is missing a guy for most of the fight) and it'd be difficult to expect help when your guys are busy dying.

1. Why weren't YOU defending your pylon?

2. You can't hold a pylon against an entire enemy team for any length of time. The enemy team will almost always be better positioned to get to their native pylon before any of your teammates possibly could. Even if every single teammate of yours attempted to to get there immediately once the pylon was capped, they would straggle in and be easily focus-fired and destroyed by the more-concentrated enemy. Why did you try to double-cap so early with no support? Even if your team hadn't lost your "native" pylon , you would still have singlehandledly crippled your team, because the team returning to retake their pylon gets a lot of free kills from the (futile) efforts of your team to support you.

1. Why weren't YOU defending your pylon?

2. You can't hold a pylon against an entire enemy team for any length of time. The enemy team will almost always be better positioned to get to their native pylon before any of your teammates possibly could. Even if every single teammate of yours attempted to to get there immediately once the pylon was capped, they would straggle in and be easily focus-fired and destroyed by the more-concentrated enemy. Why did you try to double-cap so early with no support? Even if your team hadn't lost your "native" pylon , you would still have singlehandledly crippled your team, because the team returning to retake their pylon gets a lot of free kills from the (futile) efforts of your team to support you.

1. Because I was making use of my stealth ability to try and capture their pylon seeing as we were behind on points...and i did cap their pylon

2. You're right..which is why I capped them at 30 seconds but they killed me quickly and capped BOTH our pylons like 5 seconds before the timer ran out

I'm sorry did you even read what I wrote? I shall explain this as if you were a 5 year old

1. 7 team members go left...obviously we cap our pylon..I go right to survey the area..see if there are any stealth or whatever

2. 30 seconds left on the clock..i mezz the guy defending

3. i cap the pylon

4. whole team comes and tries to cap pylon

5. i call for help ..no one comes

6. i have to come out of stealth to interrupt them

7..they kill me..cap pylon

8. they cap our other pylon because no one was defending it

Yes i blame my team mates because none of them were defending the pylon. Why is that so difficult for you to understand? They had the lead because they were getting the orbs plus they had control of the middle with 2 healers

What I am saying is that you DID NOT HAVE TO GO THERE PYLON. You should've been the one to guard node. You wanted to be a hero so you tried to sap. You started sapping at 30 seconds. It will take you minimum 6 seconds to sap. Now there is 24 seconds left. It will take them 6 seconds to sap so you need to hold it for 18 seconds. You couldn't hold it for 18 seconds this is what I get from what you wrote. All of this blaming teammates would've not happened if you just did your job of node guarding.

To be fair the game he described sounds like a desperate situation where you have to double cap to even stay in the game.

That said don't expect to pull off a double cap in such a desperation situation very often. There's a reason why your team is in such a bad position to begin with. You shouldn't expect support because if you had them, your team shouldn't have been such a desperate situation to begin with.

What I am saying is that you DID NOT HAVE TO GO THERE PYLON. You should've been the one to guard node. You wanted to be a hero so you tried to sap. You started sapping at 30 seconds. It will take you minimum 6 seconds to sap. Now there is 24 seconds left. It will take them 6 seconds to sap so you need to hold it for 18 seconds. You couldn't hold it for 18 seconds this is what I get from what you wrote. All of this blaming teammates would've not happened if you just did your job of node guarding.

Nope there should have been one person guarding we were losing anyway so in order to win i would have to cap their pylon because i am a stealth class and they wont see me coming WHICH I DID. And I was the only stealth class there so therefore i did the right thing and put my stealth to good use....

No i cant hold it for 18 seconds...lets see you last for 18 seconds against 7 other people yes? :)

Unfortunately no one was defending our pylon but they capped both with about 5 seconds left on the clock because they had a stealth which capped our pylon

Edited by DarthWoad

first of all... were you in a pug? If so that's how it goes. Not everyone in a pug is seasoned pvp'er. Did you give them a heads up before you capped? They where probably in a fire fight at mid and didn't realized the pylon was capped... or they could have been wiped and all waiting to re-spawn when you capped the enemy pylon.

The more I think about it. the fact that the other team killed you and capped both pylons in under 30 seconds tells me you must have capped when the other team was already advancing and probably clearing out your team at your pylon. or maybe they also had a stealther that ninja capped your pylon.

Win some loose some... you have to have a thicker skin than that if you are going to grind solo.

Edited by Choffware

And for all you people assuming in this thread...i capped their pylon with around 30s left on the clock

30 seconds (if you completed then) is still a little too early imo, unless your team knows you've done it beforehand and are already halfway there. Takes ages to get back there and defend. Even for those cheating via 'stuck....you still have to get lucky with the door timing (and that door is BRUTALLY long).

Edited by islander

Use your force barrier, moran!

2. You can't hold a pylon against an entire enemy team for any length of time.

If they send their entire team to the pylon then one of your team should capture the unguarded south node (LDO)!

Edited by funkiestj

first of all... were you in a pug? If so that's how it goes. Not everyone in a pug is seasoned pvp'er. Did you give them a heads up before you capped? They where probably in a fire fight at mid and didn't realized the pylon was capped... or they could have been wiped and all waiting to re-spawn when you capped the enemy pylon.

The more I think about it. the fact that the other team killed you and capped both pylons in under 30 seconds tells me you must have capped when the other team was already advancing and probably clearing out your team at your pylon.

Win some loose some... you have to have a thicker skin than that if you are going to grind solo.

I gave them a heads up..start of the match i told them i will attempt to cap their pylon...

anyway in the end we would have lost anyway...so i left the game

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.