Stat Priority for Focus/Rage in 2.0

I am an old player from launch and back for 2.0. I am trying to min/max gear to optimize my stats. The one site I can find clarifying some diminishing returns is this...

http://www.jedilace.com/category/attributes/

My question is simple, is this up to date? Accoring to this site you can not stack more than 80% Surge.

I have 88.53% Surge... :confused:.

So this is where I am asking for your help. Educate me and help me prioritize and balance my stats for PvP Focus/Rage. All stats are buffed and stimmed.

Strength:............ 2866

Expertise:........... 2018 (this gives me 60% damage bonus)

Damage:............1217-1429

Bonus Damage:.794.3

Accuracy:.......... 92.85%

Critical:.............19.57%

Surge:.............. 88.53%

Thank you in advance... /bow.

Go to your force tab on your character select screen and put your cursor over critical multiplier. You'll see that you get a base of 50%, surge rating is giving you about 23% (You said 88.53% total), and then skills/buffs is giving you 15%. The 15% is from the talent Dark Resonance in the rage tree. This is separate from the "80%" you're seeing in those posts.

Go to your force tab on your character select screen and put your cursor over critical multiplier. You'll see that you get a base of 50%, surge rating is giving you about 23% (You said 88.53% total), and then skills/buffs is giving you 15%. The 15% is from the talent Dark Resonance in the rage tree. This is separate from the "80%" you're seeing in those posts.

Thank you.

I just figured this out as I stripped off my gear last night.... nekkid jedi.

So now that this is answered is something like what noxxic posts the best guide... ?

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pvp/jedi-knight/guardian/focus/stat-priority

Exp (60%) > Str > Acc (105%) > Power > Surge (75%... but I would think 80% with my class buff) > Crit (30%)

Thoughts?

You're welcome bro. I would put 3 points into the accuracy talent. That'll get you by until you start remodding conq gear. This is what I run:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101ZcGMZfrMkbGkRffz.3

This is how I would see things:

Exp (60%) > Power > Str > Surge (25% from surge rating) > Acc (105% force) > crit

I'm running str augs now, but l'm starting to get a full power aug set as well. Going for power over str should give me +10 bonus damage, but -1% crit.

Your goal is to buff your smash. Smash is an auto-crit. Make it hit harder = more effective. Crit rating shouldn't be on any of your gear. Remember, you get +6% bonus to force crit from the Malice talent. So that will help with your screams, crushes, pushes, and chokes. Just to be clear, you're talking from a pvp perspective correct?

Edited by asakakamadake

Thank you and yes PvP all the way :)!!

Yeah my trees and your trees are almost the same although I did make one change based off your tree.

About the augments did you claculate the +6% str due to dreadnought in you damage calculations? Because while I understand 448 power vs 448 str does give the edge to power augments with regards to smassh damage and maybe even overall damage, really str augments give us a boost of +475 (448 x 1.06) str and it was my understanding that coupled with the increase in crit, str augments were better for overall dps. Not saying I am right, just what my understanding was which is why I am asking.

Lastly if you wouldn't mind could you share your stats just for comparisons sake. Thanks regardless.

Edited by Mordarion

Thank you and yes PvP all the way :)!!

Yeah my trees and your trees are almost the same although I did make one change based off your tree.

About the augments did you claculate the +6% str due to dreadnought in you damage calculations? Because while I understand 448 power vs 448 str does give the edge to power augments with regards to smassh damage and maybe even overall damage, really str augments give us a boost of +475 (448 x 1.06) str and it was my understanding that coupled with the increase in crit, str augments were better for overall dps. Not saying I am right, just what my understanding was which is why I am asking.

Lastly if you wouldn't mind could you share your stats just for comparisons sake. Thanks regardless.

bump. I would like to know as well. I can transition this info to my guardian

I'm not very good with all this stats business but I've just recently made some credits and decided to augment my Gaurdian's gear with blue overkill 28's. Could anyone tell me if I'm on the right tracks? I'm not too fussed about PvE, I only really PvP.

2412 Strength

1281 Power

1250-1467 weapon damage (only 28 hilt)

815.9 bonus damage

91.97% accuracy (not too bothered about it being so low)

17.20% Crit chance (again not too bothered, I just want high force sweeps lol)

88.55% Crit multiplier

29,263 health (again not too bothered, comes with the gear)

I think I remember having over 100% Crit multiplier before 2.0 in force damage. Though, I suspect that it got lowered with the rage/focus "nerf" in 2.0

Edited by Jayshames

That does not look bad. I need to check my power as I think I am leaving some dps behind.

Another thing, and I should have written the numbers down, I inspected one of our servers big focus guards. The one thing I will not forget is their accuracy was at 90%.