Health Hacks and general Hackery

CaliKing

A friend an I are questing right now and 2 Pubs came right in our base and killed our NPC's. Then proceeded to wipe the rest of us out (I am lvl 55 Pyrotech with 25000 health, my friend is Inquisitor with 27000). These guys had 27000 and 29000 Health. They seemed almost IMMUNE from our attacks and it took maybe 5 other lvl 55's plus base NPC's to kill them. This happened on the Section X area of Belsavis btw. My friend and I saw them withstand our base turrets and shrug them off with ease one second, then on another run they died. What's going on? Is it a cheat? And if so are these cheats that easy to do WITHOUT getting caught? Is BW actively monitoring this stuff?

Now they are back and when I look at them they have the YELLOW target symbol around them. When I try to target them they stay yellow and my target tracker cannot fix on them. It took a full 10 to 15 sec for us to pick them up as targets and once again they are in our base, Killing our NPC's, our turrets will NOT fire on them AND we cannot target them for much of the fight. Has anyone else seen this?

More info helps.

the more pvp gear you have the better. if your opponent is running in full partisan (you may not be able to tell if they are wearing CM stuff) and your wearing none, your going to do nothing in terms of damage. While everyone complains about the bolster of PVP, the gear does make a massive difference in open world. I was on section X last week waiting on my group for the heroic and 4 imps jumped my sage. I couldn't do enough damage to take them down, but they weren't doing much to me either and I only have about half my set. Took them a while to get me but they finally did.

So may not be a cheat, maybe just lag.

The second post sounds like some kind of hack. Their health is within the range for players (my gunslinger has over 28k health and is in mostly basic with a couple of black market pieces). Your best bet is to get screen shots or better yet video of these guys then report them.

The second post sounds like some kind of hack. Their health is within the range for players (my gunslinger has over 28k health and is in mostly basic with a couple of black market pieces). Your best bet is to get screen shots or better yet video of these guys then report them.

I agree with this.

Plus nice sig. Pooh Bear, grew up with him lol

I understand about the pvp gear but guys, our npc,s WILL NOT ATTACK THEM. And when I try to target them they are YELLOW. Also I cannot imagine no matter how good their gear is that they take almost NO damage from 5 or 6 other LVL 55 guys with high ranking pvp and pve gear? Edited by CaliKing

I'll render and upload the video when I'm done playing. It's not as bad as the previous session where like Cali said numerous IMP's and NPC's were wrecking these guys and nothing was being done, but yet 3 hits and we are dead...

our npc,s WILL NOT ATTACK THEM.

It's like this since launch in every base. Only the guards outside the base are attacking, if you get through them you will not be attacked inside.

And when I try to target them they are YELLOW.

If they were in your main base then it's because all of them are considered sanctuaries. So if they can go through guards and stay out of pvp long enough, they will be unattackable, just like in nar shada.

Also I cannot imagine no matter how good their gear is that they take almost NO damage from 5 or 6 other LVL 55 guys with high ranking pvp and pve gear?

Well if one of them was a healer and the other one was a tank, or at least guarding the healer, then it's nothing surprising.

Well, in pvp gear with good geared healer companions I see how could they wipe 6 (27k hp? is that still pre2.0 stuff? my healer has more and he didn't even raid yet) pve geared people, since max expertiese will give them 65% more damage, 45% damage reduction...

Most turrets and guards haven't been upgraded. 50 champ vs geared 55.

Think it's this. Happened in WoW too when they had a level raise and before the NPC's got the level raise. A few of the other faction invaded the capital of the other. BW needs to update the level of the NPC's from 50 to 55.

Also carry some PvP gear with you even if you aren't doing PvP. And even for the companions if you plan to have them out to help.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

The odd thing here though is that they obviously didn't have the same problems targeting you as you did them.

Perhaps they've discovered a bug, much the same as those that are able to infiltrate the imperial base on Tatooine.

Yes that's why I think there was something up. That had never happened to me before to my knowledge, and yes they were able to target me while I could not target them.

if they are shrugging off the hits from the turrets then it smells wrong to me.

those turrets hit hard

Yup, there were 3 turrets there and they just did not phase them. Everyone in our base was shocked and a little dismayed. I mean I know that there are certain exploits that people use, right or wrong. And most of them I can live with. Like I'm sure they force jumped and/or pulled each other up when they got past our turrets, but even so, our operative NPC's were NOT shooting at them.

Is one of the 2 guys a healer?

If your not in PvP gear and they are; your going to get beat. I've beat 3m group because I'm full PvP and they were full PvE.

Myself and my friend are both in pvp Partisan gear

I'll render and upload the video when I'm done playing. It's not as bad as the previous session where like Cali said numerous IMP's and NPC's were wrecking these guys and nothing was being done, but yet 3 hits and we are dead...

Don't need a video, just upload a screenshot. I have no idea what you mean by yellow target around them, but based on what you've said so far I'm not convinced this is a hack.

this is one reason i will never do pvp in this game poor pvp design been that way since day one and after the total time this game as been on the market you think by now they would have at least improved or rebuilt the pvp system to even the playing field and add protection form cheats/hackers...

this is one reason i will never do pvp in this game poor pvp design been that way since day one and after the total time this game as been on the market you think by now they would have at least improved or rebuilt the pvp system to even the playing field and add protection form cheats/hackers...

Openworld PvP was basically thrown out.

WZs -- I've yet to see any proof of a single cheat or hack. Just lots of people screaming about other people who are better than them.

Openworld PvP was basically thrown out.

WZs -- I've yet to see any proof of a single cheat or hack. Just lots of people screaming about other people who are better than them.

when i did pvp it has always been on wow at one time it was decent before the bots and idiots ruined it, when i left that game just under 250k in total pvp kills in battlegrounds and world pvp, one thing missing from the game is a massive pvp battle 25 on 25 or higher shame with a game like this and such limited pvp modes a massive battle would be a blast.

example would be a imp walkers vs rep fighters and ground forces mixed in or even some sort of turret based space combat but i doubt that will ever be seen in this game, unless its a cartel only item...

could have hovercraft pvp with mix of ground forces shame the imagination of this company is limited.

Edited by JediJonesJr