Dump expertise

LightForse

Get rid of the damage increase and healing increase to expertise. just make it reduce damage taken period. Too many classes have auto crit and we need to reduce the damage taken..without boosting it . Hate to mention wow, but they got it right with resolve in pvp...they realized damage was out of control and did something about it. It needs to take more than 3-5 sec to get killed from these instant abilities that hit for 7500-11000. Go ahead and flame on...but this is the worst pvp in any game ive ever played.

You have no idea what broke pvp mechanics is much like everyone else in swtor that complain about damage in pvp. Go play Ragnarok online and PVP there you will get one shoted anywhere from 50k to 500k when most people barely have 40k hp.

Granted swtor pvp has it issue but it playable and fun in comparison.

equally geared players cancel out each others' expertise. so there if both players have 2000 expertise, they are hitting each other as if they both have 0.

While i agree with that..the chance that everyone in a 55 wz is equally geared to cancel out eachother is slim..esp with bolster and augment bugs...theres no reason to have a system in place to boost damage

Edited by LightForse

i agree with this completely

there is no point in a stat that increases pvp other then to make pure pvp'ers feel more awesome then they are

with bolster in warzones you hardly even knotice a difference there in all stages

in world pvp it makes things impossible for pve players all togeather no expertize = dead in 2-4 hits

which some will argue is skill and very far from it

i dont see a point in expertize never have just seems like the simple way to make game more wow like and less unique gives a bit of a time sink for some players to get gear but if you just make the gear decent looking and have pve like stats ppl will still go after it just as much as they are now

expertize is dead in this game right now aside from ruleing world pve as it is and pretty much pointless

it out of existance will make devs focus more on real issues with the game anyway like balanceing classes and actual content i believe it just adds more of a headache and more work for devs anyway

my two cents you dont like it i really dont care ......

LOL, fine remove expertise.

Then all gear, and I mean all top gear, becomes basically the same. IE, no pvp gear, then no PVE gear.

Gear is gear.

While I would not really be against this, I know the cry from the PVE'ers that think they should not have to PVP to get PVP gear will cry so hard it can be felt through out the galaxy through the force.

Then all gear, and I mean all top gear, becomes basically the same. IE, no pvp gear, then no PVE gear.

Gear is gear.

While I would not really be against this, I know the cry from the PVE'ers that think they should not have to PVP to get PVP gear will cry so hard it can be felt through out the galaxy through the force.

i think historically it was the other way around, pvers crying that it was possible to gear up for pve by afking in pvp

Get rid of the damage increase and healing increase to expertise. just make it reduce damage taken period. Too many classes have auto crit and we need to reduce the damage taken..without boosting it . Hate to mention wow, but they got it right with resolve in pvp...they realized damage was out of control and did something about it. It needs to take more than 3-5 sec to get killed from these instant abilities that hit for 7500-11000. Go ahead and flame on...but this is the worst pvp in any game ive ever played.

for the love of everything holy.... stop your QQ about classes with auto crit.

Why don't you try creating tons off cool abilities for lots of classes, and see what creative stuff you come up with... for like 400 different abilities, hero.

Edited by KettleBelll

Gear is gear.

Did you find a Republic friendly Heroric on Makeb to assist you with PvP Quinnlynn?

Players that primary pvE should be rewarded with gear that makes you better in pvE.

Players that primary pvP should be rewarded with gear that makes you better in pvP.

Players that primary pvE and collect the top gear for pvE should not be allowed to dominate over players that primary pvP and have reached the top gear levels in pvP

Players that primary pvP and collect the top gear for pvP should not be allowed to outperform players that primary pvE and have reached the top gear levels in pvE.

The above is a bit verbose but it's pretty simple. Any violation of the above is WRONG and unfair period. The end game for pvp'ers is grinding pvp gear and is every bit as important as progression for pve'ers. If you have the best pve gear TOUGH BLEEP if you are being out gunned by pvp players with top pvp gear. And pvp'ers should not expect to perform at top levels in operations with pvp gear on

It would be nice to implement something that makes pvE gear perform on a curve that reasonably lags behind the top pvP gear for pvp... and the same for pvp gear in pvE. That's what expertise is doing... dampening pvp gear in pve and putting it past pve gear in pvp. Right now with bolster and healing people are no way dying in 2-4 shots. If you are you simply not managing your defensive cool downs well enough. The time to die at 55 right now is is long unless you are out numbered.

Edited by Choffware

Did you find a Republic friendly Heroric on Makeb to assist you with PvP Quinnlynn?

LUL, I can feel your hurt feelings through the force.

And when it was just me vs. up to 8 + imps, what do people expect? DUH!

And now I play a cloaker like most of the imps. I melt imps all the time and they get mad.

Again..im not asking to remove all of the stat increase expertise brings...just the damage increase...this way pvp gear would still be needed.. imagine someone in pve gear in a wz trying to kill someone in pvp gear with just a damage reduction boost..and vise versa....it would stop pve gear in wz completely cause with out it you'd be dead faster than now, but it would make pvp gear a must to survive . This is a win win for everyone.