The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Did anyone even tested the macrobinoculars quests ?

Angedechu

I'm on Belsavis. I have been trying, for three hours in row, to open the final door.

Before you do the usual stuff ''ah ah ah, you are stupid'', I played in the nineties to Lucasarts adventure games : I'm perfectly aware that I need to direct the flow of cooling gases to the door-a monkey could have guessed it.

But, even if you call me a moron, an imbecile and that I like Pandas, once the two pipes are redirected toward the door, nothing happen. The tube don't go blue : I have exited the instance SEVEN times thus far.

I have enough of those quests. I'm not resetting the place for the thirteenth place.

Either those *********** bugged doors open, or I spend the next three months of my reccuring sub in this room.

EDIT : and to tell you about how wonderful the community is on my server, after the 13th reset I did nevertheless, I did the most desperate thing you can do in a MMO : ask in general chat for how to proceed. After three hours.

A rat face told me, on purpose, to ''reset the quest''. I sure hope the little worm is happy : now, I have to redo the transmitters too.

I should have kept in mind that you NEVER ask to help in a MMO, NEVER, NEVER.

Edited by Angedechu

There's more than 2 junctions you have to open by shooting at them. Some of them are invisible until you scan them with your macrobinoculars.

Every pipe should be steaming cold (you'll get a red warning message), then you have to scan the pipe section above the door iirc.

There is a total of 3 cooling flows going into the pipe. 2 from one side using a similar path and one from the other side. And once you have them all flowing right, just right click on the pipe butting up to the door. You may look through your macros at it first, but I don't think it makes a difference. Just right click on it.

I've done it 4 times now... doesn't seem bugged and actually it is quite interesting as a puzzle.

Edited by Rafaman

It's not bugged, although it may seem to be.

I spent ages wondering what to do once I had the coolant flow through the pipe above the door.

Break the pipe over the door so that the coolant flows onto the door. You need to be relatively close for the "throw" action to proceed.

Certainly not bugged. Run through it three times now - never had a report of a guild member saying it's bugged.

Couldn't work it out - now that of course is a different matter.

Error between keyboard and chair I'm afraid.

Well, it's not bugged.

I had a problem with this quest as well. But you know what I did? I used my microbinoculars to find the missing section of the pipe. I believe there are 3 locations that need to be piped into the door. I was confused and miffed until I found the last piece in the middle.

These little puzzles are not meant to be easy.