Wingmaw on Tython??

DarthAmaru

When I'm looking at my Tython map, it appears to have outer boundary coordinates of ...

Top Left Corner: ~ -1000, -1500

Top Right Corner: ~ 550, -1500

Bottom Right Corner: ~ 550, 1150

Bottom Left Corner: ~ -1000, 1150

So, how do you get a coordinate of 1800 when the positive y coordinates stop at about 1150?

:eek:

The coordinates they are referring to are on Balmorra, east of Gorinth Outpost. TMK this still cannot be completed on Tython.

EDIT: I can confirm that it can still be completed on Balmorra. Just did it.

Edited by Dugaan

You will find that many achievements required to complete one planet can only be accomplished on other planets. E.g., by obtaining the Manka Cat bestiary achievement on Tython, you're actually fulfilling a Codex entry for Alderaan (which you won't see until around level 30ish).

I've long-since given up hope of EA restoring order to the Codex. I finally just made a list ... a written table showing each of the non-mission obtained Codex entries (for all categories) for each planet (Republic and Imperial). It's a checklist for each planet as I make my way through the Galaxy. And, yes, I print out the table for each character and physically check-off the Codex entries attained as I go. Without the checklist, I'd never remember where all the Datacrons, Lore Items, Bestiary mobs, etc., are located.

It's a matter of habit really. I know by heart where every single codex entry is located nowadays. Lore, Organizations, Datacrons, Bestiary, Species, etc etc.
Oh, I remember most of them. And some planets are easy. But there's always that, "Darn it all! I forgot to ride my speeder next to that Dewback in the Imperial section of Tatooine" oversight that compels me make a special return trip trip to Tat to pick up that last Codex entry. The checklist is a handy reminder and a way to ensure that each guy gets all the entries. Since Achievements are Legacy-based, we can't track them by character.

A bump and reconfirming the mob of two scavenging wingmaws at location x273 / y1800 still works for the Tython Wingmaw lore entry.

It should be noted that this information only works for republic characters. For Imperial: "Sundari Flatflands. Western part. Kill Ravenous Darkpyre. Usually hovering near x: 858 y: 1222"

Edited by Zerabhi

I went to 273/1800 and while they are wingmaw, they are not scavenging wingmaw and have not given the codex entry. Can anybody help with updated information?

I keep getting the Codex entry for the Wingmaw in Balmorra, for both factions. There are plenty of them when you're on your way to the Balmorran Arms Factory. Empire-side, they're called Raving Darkpyre or something.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey can i have a conformation it still works as of 4.0? I cant fins any wingmaws only flock runners :confused:

It is still bugged, and you still have to go to Balmorra. Just got mine a few mins ago. On the world map. I am sitting on top of the "G" of Gorinth Canyon. Coord: 23,155

• 6 months later...

Old thread, I know, but just in case people still have trouble getting the Wingmaw entry...

I was looking for this entry myself on Tython. Came here to see what others have tried, and was going to go to Balmorra as a last resort.

Luckily, I found a wingmaw (after killing many) on Tython. The one I killed was a "Wingmaw Bonecleaner", coordinates: (X,Y) 181,-39 Right in the heart of Flesh Raider territory.

Good hunting.

Old thread, I know, but just in case people still have trouble getting the Wingmaw entry...

I was looking for this entry myself on Tython. Came here to see what others have tried, and was going to go to Balmorra as a last resort.

Luckily, I found a wingmaw (after killing many) on Tython. The one I killed was a "Wingmaw Bonecleaner", coordinates: (X,Y) 181,-39 Right in the heart of Flesh Raider territory.

Good hunting.

Thank you for your effort and for letting people know. I wish more people were like you.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Bumping to confirm that Klie_Macks is correct. Wingmaw entry can be gained on Tython, completing Tython Beastmaster, by killing a Wingmaw Bonecleaner in Fleshraider territory. Wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case all along, seeing as someone has stated it’s not possible since Klie’s post.

Good hunting.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...