The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

make cartel market trophies useful after maxing out your reputation

belhawk

the trophies become useless when u have maxed your reputation. So, make them useful by being able to get cash for the small trophies, medium size gets u planetary comms, and large trophies gets u cartel market certificates.

You can actually sell the trophies, though I'd rather see some kind of exchange to turn them into certificates:

12 green trophies = 1 certificate

6 blue trophies = 1 certificate

3 purple trophies = 1 certificate

So for the trophies found in a hypercrate, one could get about 3 certificates on avarage. Only 1 if extremely unlucky (18 green + 5 blue + 1 purple, for example), 8 if extremely lucky (in the unlikely event of getting 24 purple trophies. That is soooo not going to happen :rolleyes: ), but run some combinations, and you'll find that most hypercrates would yield enough trophy combinations to exchange into 3 certificates, plus or minus one, or less to exchange but simply yield certificates directly.

You can actually sell the trophies, though I'd rather see some kind of exchange to turn them into certificates:

12 green trophies = 1 certificate

6 blue trophies = 1 certificate

3 purple trophies = 1 certificate

now that is a fantastic idea, since in other thread they were saying that the certificate drop rate was very low!

It's pretty low, yes. My estimate is still that it's between 5 and 10 percent. But, because it's random, buying 20 packs doesn't give a 100% guarantee to get at least one certificate. It's just very probable to get at least one from that amount of packs.

It's pretty low, yes. My estimate is still that it's between 5 and 10 percent. But, because it's random, buying 20 packs doesn't give a 100% guarantee to get at least one certificate. It's just very probable to get at least one from that amount of packs.

Yep!

And I like the above idea as well...

I'd love to see the Reputation trophies earned (and not just from the Cartel merchants) become tradeable for specific currencies. It's easy: require the top tier of Reputation, then establish a new thing the merchant sells. The Gree merchants might sell the Helix parts; the space mission merchants could sell Fleet comms; the Cartel merchants could sell Cartel certificates; the Section X reputation vendor could sell Classic Comms; the Makeb merchants could sell Basic comms; etcetera. Make the exchange such that it doesn't ruin the economy of that currency, but provides something to do with those trophies beyond just selling them for a few credits. I'd love to see that.

I'd say give them a % chance to give you a certificate after getting max rep.

example:

Green = 40%

Blue = 60%

Purple = 100%

The rewards on that rep vendor are bound so there shouldn't be a reason to make the certificates too rare after capping. You'll still be buying the crates for a while if you want the items on more than 1 character.