The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 06: Kit Fisto vs. Agen Kolar

Aurbere

I don't have much time, so I won't post a scenario, but the winner is...

Kit Fisto. In the end, Master Fisto proved himself to be a great swordsman. But, to be honest, if anything killed Agen Kolar, it was lack of information. I had intended for Kolar to a placeholder until I picked someone else, but that didn't happen. Oh, well.

Our next match will feature Darth Sidious' ultimate weapon and Count Dooku's rogue assassin.

As you might have guessed, Darth Maul is in the next match. However, his radical change from The Phantom Menace to The Clone Wars forces me to pose a question. Which incarnation of Maul would you prefer to see? Vote, vote, vote! :D

But vote wisely.

TCW maul :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have much time, so I won't post a scenario, but the winner is...

Kit Fisto. In the end, Master Fisto proved himself to be a great swordsman. But, to be honest, if anything killed Agen Kolar, it was lack of information. I had intended for Kolar to a placeholder until I picked someone else, but that didn't happen. Oh, well.

Our next match will feature Darth Sidious' ultimate weapon and Count Dooku's rogue assassin.

As you might have guessed, Darth Maul is in the next match. However, his radical change from The Phantom Menace to The Clone Wars forces me to pose a question. Which incarnation of Maul would you prefer to see? Vote, vote, vote! :D

But vote wisely.

Lol, oh well! Nonetheless though Kolar's lack of info definitely worked to his disadvantage I think Fisto wins this either way. His unpredictable and aggressive form coupled with acrobatics and agility gives him a considerable edge, Fisto really is an exceptional duelist.

But onto the next round! I'm going to say TPM Maul here and I actually don't think the second option is a good idea. While TCW Maul is cool he doesn't wield a double-bladed lightsaber and has bionic legs which means we have to reconsider various feats and abilities etc. that he has displayed in the past, and he loses much of his combat advantages and disadvantages - of which we have to reassess based on the limited facts available. Yes you could have TCW Maul with a double blade but we don't really know how that would work and whether it would be a help or a hindrance.

So for the safest option, I'd advise you to choose TPM Darth Maul.

Either way this one's going to be very tough for Ventress.

Lol, oh well! Nonetheless though Kolar's lack of info definitely worked to his disadvantage I think Fisto wins this either way. His unpredictable and aggressive form coupled with acrobatics and agility gives him a considerable edge, Fisto really is an exceptional duelist.

But onto the next round! I'm going to say TPM Maul here and I actually don't think the second option is a good idea. While TCW Maul is cool he doesn't wield a double-bladed lightsaber and has bionic legs which means we have to reconsider various feats and abilities etc. that he has displayed in the past, and he loses much of his combat advantages and disadvantages - of which we have to reassess based on the limited facts available. Yes you could have TCW Maul with a double blade but we don't really know how that would work and whether it would be a help or a hindrance.

So for the safest option, I'd advise you to choose TPM Darth Maul.

Either way this one's going to be very tough for Ventress.

I can think of a few major advantages for ventress... But you'll see em next round ;)

Radical change? Isn't the only thing that changed, was Maul having a lower half cyborg body? Though if your gonna do the Clone Wars version, then you are also including TPM version, there really isn't much difference between the two. Well that, and SW is all just one universe...I mean if your going to include just up to TPM then Maul is gonna lose pretty badly.

Maul's fighting style and overall persona changes radically between TPM and TCW.

For instance, TPM Maul preferred a pure physical victory, rarely employing Dun Moch. However, in TCW he uses Dun Moch regularly.

There's also the change in lightsabers, going from double-blade to single-blade. Also TCW Maul seems more powerful than TPM Maul.

Either way, I think both incarnations would prove a difficult foe for Ventress.

Maul's fighting style and overall persona changes radically between TPM and TCW.

For instance, TPM Maul preferred a pure physical victory, rarely employing Dun Moch. However, in TCW he uses Dun Moch regularly.

There's also the change in lightsabers, going from double-blade to single-blade. Also TCW Maul seems more powerful than TPM Maul.

Either way, I think both incarnations would prove a difficult foe for Ventress.

Ya I knew he switched sabers, but hm...guess I didn't watch enough of Maul and yes he was. But TPM Maul....I dunno, I mean his only real good feat in terms of dueling are against Qui-Gon(who was passed his prime) and Padawan Obi-Wan whereas Ventress you see her take on several masters throughout the course of her showings. Well that and he was cocky...but then he was cocky in TCW, thinking he could take on Sidious with Savage.

However has Ventress come across in dueling against a double bladed saber? If not then TPM Maul would have an edge over her, in that area.

But ahh...anyway, shall save for the fight.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ya I knew he switched sabers, but hm...guess I didn't watch enough of Maul and yes he was. But TPM Maul....I dunno, I mean his only real good feat in terms of dueling are against Qui-Gon(who was passed his prime) and Padawan Obi-Wan whereas Ventress you see her take on several masters throughout the course of her showings. Well that and he was cocky...but then he was cocky in TCW, thinking he could take on Sidious with Savage.

However has Ventress come across in dueling against a double bladed saber? If not then TPM Maul would have an edge over her, in that area.

But ahh...anyway, shall save for the fight.

TPM Maul defeated more than just Qui-Gon Jinn.

Siolo'urmanka, who, much like Vodo Baas, wielded an empowered wooden staff. He was considered one of the Order's greatest warriors, and even defeated Maul in their first duel.

Anoon Bondara, who was considered one of the Order's greatest lightsaber duelists and possibly the Battlemaster before Cin Drallig.

Qui-Gon Jinn is, in my opinion, TPM Maul's greatest kill, but he has beaten some reputable duelists (granted the others are relative unknowns, but are considered great by their peers).

But we'll see what others think. As it stands, it is tied at 1-1. Unless you would like to make a final vote?

Edit: Also, Ventress has extensive use with the double-bladed lightsaber. She has used one against Plo Koon, Obi-Wan, and Mace Windu (I believe). Plus her two lightsabers can connect to form a curved double-bladed lightsaber.

Edited by Aurbere

TPM Maul defeated more than just Qui-Gon Jinn.

Siolo'urmanka, who, much like Vodo Baas, wielded an empowered wooden staff. He was considered one of the Order's greatest warriors, and even defeated Maul in their first duel.

Anoon Bondara, who was considered one of the Order's greatest lightsaber duelists and possibly the Battlemaster before Cin Drallig.

Qui-Gon Jinn is, in my opinion, TPM Maul's greatest kill, but he has beaten some reputable duelists (granted the others are relative unknowns, but are considered great by their peers).

But we'll see what others think. As it stands, it is tied at 1-1. Unless you would like to make a final vote?

Edit: Also, Ventress has extensive use with the double-bladed lightsaber. She has used one against Plo Koon, Obi-Wan, and Mace Windu (I believe). Plus her two lightsabers can connect to form a curved double-bladed lightsaber.

Siolo was? Really? Doesn't seem to have much info, and his only duel was against Maul.

Anoon...is a little better though he kinda just killed himself, but then Maul would have killed him anyway.

Hmm....alright well then Maul wouldn't really have an advantage. But I vote to go for TCW Maul, if nothing else to showcase more feats for him to even the playing field more.

Siolo was? Really? Doesn't seem to have much info, and his only duel was against Maul.

Anoon...is a little better though he kinda just killed himself, but then Maul would have killed him anyway.

Hmm....alright well then Maul wouldn't really have an advantage. But I vote to go for TCW Maul, if nothing else to showcase more feats for him to even the playing field more.

Well they are both unknowns, so the information isn't really there. Plus this is the same for Tyvokka. He has little information on him, but he is considered to be legendary (this is most likely due to his very awesome precognitive abilities).

Another one for TCW Maul? Alright. We'll see what others think.

I still think TPM is a better option, if anything it puts him at a disadvantage because he wields a single bladed lightsaber rather than a double-bladed one. He's far more skilled with that weapon that the other he's saddled with.

And I just feel it would be easier to debate *shrug*

EDIT: Are we sure this is a good matchup? I don't mean to question Aurbere's brilliance (:D) but I see Maul handedly defeating Ventress without much difficulty.

EDIT: Random thought and probably a bit late now, but if you've still got some placeholders Bariss Offee and or Ashoka Tano may be options.

Edited by Beniboybling

I still think TPM is a better option, if anything it puts him at a disadvantage because he wields a single bladed lightsaber rather than a double-bladed one. He's far more skilled with that weapon that the other he's saddled with.

EDIT: Are we sure this is a good matchup? I don't mean to question Aurbere's brilliance (:D) but I see Maul handedly defeating Ventress without much difficulty.

EDIT: Random thought and probably a bit late now, but if you've still got some placeholders Bariss Offee and or Ashoka Tano may be options.

How dare you call yourself a Ventress fan...

Any fanboy can turn a debate to their side via the awesome power of fanboiness!

You shall see... They all shall see

:rak_03:

How dare you call yourself a Ventress fan...

Any fanboy can turn a debate to their side via the awesome power of fanboiness!

You shall see... They all shall see

:rak_03:

I know, I know - but even I have to accept defeat sometimes. Nonetheless if you think you've got an argument, you've got my backing.

For Ventress! :D

I think Ventress is getting a bit underestimated here, and we haven't even started. I assure you that I made the right choice here.

I don't think Ahsoka and Bariss would get very far in the grand scheme of the tournament, considering all of the big hitters like Exar Kun, Vader, Traya, Satele, Malgus, etc.

That and all of my placeholders have been used up. This is where it gets real. :cool:

I think Ventress is getting a bit underestimated here, and we haven't even started. I assure you that I made the right choice here.
I still have my reservations... suppose I'll pretend to argue Darth Maul and then have my points ROFLstomped by Selenial and be like 'oh no I've lost' join the other side and seize victory for Ventress! :D
I don't think Ahsoka and Bariss would get very far in the grand scheme of the tournament, considering all of the big hitters like Exar Kun, Vader, Traya, Satele, Malgus, etc.

That and all of my placeholders have been used up. This is where it gets real. :cool:

Your probably right there, its serious now! Speaking of serious, I think I know who Traya may be going up against and have planned accordingly... :jawa_evil: Edited by Beniboybling

Then I shall adapt!

Out of curiosity, who do you think she will face? It's unlikely that I will be changing anything in the brackets anymore (changed multiple times, thinking of moving Dooku), so there would be no harm in hearing your prediction.

Out of curiosity, who do you think she will face? It's unlikely that I will be changing anything in the brackets anymore (changed multiple times, thinking of moving Dooku), so there would be no harm in hearing your prediction.
Oh, well I thought it was Dooku but....

my vote is TPM version because I cant argue a character of whom's existance i can not accept...... its a personal flaw cant accept deus ex muffin button of him being alive i know its cannon and i know its foolish but....... ya cant accept it.

my vote is TPM version because I cant argue a character of whom's existance i can not accept...... its a personal flaw cant accept deus ex muffin button of him being alive i know its cannon and i know its foolish but....... ya cant accept it.
Guess Aurbere holds the deciding vote...

Since we are tied between TPM and TCW Maul, I have decided to use TPM Maul for this next battle. However, should Maul make it to round two, we will use TCW Maul. Very much like how Revan became Darth Revan in the Kaggath Series (;))

Since we are tied between TPM and TCW Maul, I have decided to use TPM Maul for this next battle. However, should Maul make it to round two, we will use TCW Maul. Very much like how Revan became Darth Revan in the Kaggath Series (;))

Oh, he Wont. Don't you worry. :rak_03: