Archeology complain

maxgue

Dear Bioware,

you should be aware that you have increased the cost in material to craft Augment Kits. You also know the problem that afflicts this gathering skill since the game's launch, but now with this change it has become a REALLY HEAVY DIFFERENCE.

Why there are NO things to gather materials in flashpoints or raids with Archeology, while Bioanalysis and Scavenging can gather their materials doing flashpoints and operations? Why nothing for Archeology?

With the increased cost in crafting Augmentation Kits MK-9, I have to rely on my companions or going through Makeb looking for materials (Archeology + Synthweaving), while other players with Scavenging + Armormech/Armstech can just easily farm flashpoing while farming materials to craft them, and this is making now a HUGE difference in competitiveness of selling Augmentation Kits made with Synthweaving rather than the others, who can get materials and loot at the same time while we have to gather in the open world or rely on (expensive) companion's missions.

This has been on since the release, but now it's making a tremendous difference. Will you solve this problem? Is it so hard to place some random things to gather for Archeology too in FP and OPS? Or make the missions for Archeology cheaper than the rest, since I doubt anyone is using those with Cybertech since running a flashpoint/raid gives you a lot of materials..

Thank you for your consideration.

This is not really an issue about a single crafting skill - all except armstech take 18 green mats to get one slot component, so they're all pretty expensive now.

I've never used flashpoints or anything to gather mats though, so I dont really understand why you dont just run the missions that normally return 12-20 green mats per companion like everyone else?

This is not really an issue about a single crafting skill - all except armstech take 18 green mats to get one slot component, so they're all pretty expensive now.

I've never used flashpoints or anything to gather mats though, so I dont really understand why you dont just run the missions that normally return 12-20 green mats per companion like everyone else?

I'm doing that, but if you have Scavenge you can get A LOT of materials just by doing FP scavenging droids and turrets, or Bioanalysis with mobs. With Archeology there is NOTHING in ANY flashpoint or operation. While at the same time sending companions. It's just that with Scavenging combined with Armstech or Armormech, you can make things (in my case Augmentation Kits MK-9) FASTER AND CHEAPER than using Synthweaving + Archeology.

I agree. Synthweaving and Artifice have always been in disadvantage compared to the other professions.

Now, I need Bionalisys mats, I get my tank with biochem and queue for Athiss. I need Scavenging mats, I queue my healer with scavenging for Hammer Station. And since, in order to unlock the bonus boss, you need to kill bunch of mobs, that's not a problem with the group. Need Archeology mats ? SOL. I have to send my lackeys on missions and hope they don't crit, otherwise the bring useless junk.