Tyrant / Liberator of Ilum

M_A_White

I'm trying to finish up planetary champion/elite achievements before KOTFE hits, and I've hit a snag on Ilum with both Tyrant of Ilum and Liberator of Ilum. As far as I can tell, at some point they made the Sith Monitor and the Imperial Artillery Droids on the Republic side and the Jedi Sentinel and Republic Defense Droid on the Imperial side into Level 60 Champions with about 500K hit points each, and left them in the achievement??? Have I got that right?

If you take your healing companion out, you can solo those level 60's. Just try not to aggro anything else in the vicinity. I was skeptical at first, but I never went below 90% health. Still took about 5 mins to dps them down.

I have been walking around the entrance, killed anything there, couldnt make an elite-difficulty atillery droid spawn.

You seem like you know how, as i get that you already did it. So please tell :)

Near the entrance to the Imperial base there are two raised platforms, you need to travel between those two platforms, and an Elite droid will spawn. This is by far the trickiest one on all the planets.

As for the OP, I found, as I have just completed all the non-PvP planetary achievements, that doing a web search for swtor {mobname} will usually get you a result for Tyrant/Liberator/Bestiary entries. Most of them point to SWTOR-Spy.com

Except the droid that spawns doing that isn't the one who counts for the achievement. I just did this. The droid that spawns inside the base area is at planetary level for Ilum. The one that counts towards the achievement is the base guard level 60 Imperial Arty Droid with the exact same name that patrols the area directly in front of where the previously discussed spawning arty droid is. If you have a level 60 tank in 192 he's easily solo-able. In fact, that's how I've been knocking out the base guard achievements planet by planet solo. I use my jugg/guardian to lure out the lone patrollers. Time consuming but doable if you're on your own and don't want to or can't pull a group together. Edited by Nothing_Shines

Thank you to the people that suggested switching to a tank and said how to cause the second artillery droid to spawn. For me, the one that spawned was level 50 and an easy kill, which surprised me. I was expecting a level 60 to spawn.

With my Vanguard the level 60 champion artillery droids were easy enough to solo, you just have to focus on interrupting their missile barrage attack.

I still need to kill the Sith Monitor. I tried it once today and died before I got him below 60%. Admittedly I suck as a tank. Any hints on downing the Sith Monitor?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi.

The 2016 Youtube video is invalid. The 2016 googledoc is invalid.

The Imperial Armsmaster is apparently found as part of the main quest CRYSTAL BALL, sub-mission 'Confront Lord Loyat'. And you find this level 50 NPC in the map 'Lord Loyats Stronghold'.