Character Renaming.

Phorenzyk

Well - we know a character renaming function exists because a) server merges and b) people getting renamed for violations ......

so the obvious answer would be; They don't want it to be available. Properly for some technical reasons.

Because it would be a big money maker (at least initially) and we know they like money so .... :)

Wouldn't mind getting my original character name back from before the mergers if I could get it now :D

Well - we know a character renaming function exists because a) server merges and b) people getting renamed for violations ......

so the obvious answer would be; They don't want it to be available. Properly for some technical reasons.

Because it would be a big money maker (at least initially) and we know they like money so .... :)

Wouldn't mind getting my original character name back from before the mergers if I could get it now :D

That is the part of the renaming process you are not considering.. Sure someone can be prompted rename their character.. So what... They doesn't allow people to just choose their old names..

Allowing people to change names whenever they want, would be a nightmare.. How long does the system hold a name after someone renames a character?? I know instant right?? What about all the various friends lists?? We can assume that the GTN and the mail would be empty.. But what about friends list?? Guild rosters?? You all seem to forget what our names do.. They identify our character to the game.. So it isn't as simple as just changing your name..

It the so called back end of the issue that never gets considered.. And probably why we will never see name switching.. Except on server change or violations..

Edited by MajikMyst

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.