The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

55 bolster for pvp, then do 55 bolster for pve

Shiffting

I feel as if the bolster for pvp puts people in pve gear way to close to us pvp'ers. I just put on 4 pieces of new pvp gear and my expertise only went up 4 pts. Not the 600 that i gained for my gear.

Lets not ride this broken horse anymore for those crying pve'ers.

I say bolster the pvp gear for pve ops and flashpoints and see if those raiders still think all is fair with bolster.

You earned your gear in pve and each piece makes those boss fights easier. No different for pvp. Get rid of bolster for pvp or add it for PVE at 55!

I feel as if the bolster for pvp puts people in pve gear way to close to us pvp'ers. I just put on 4 pieces of new pvp gear and my expertise only went up 4 pts. Not the 600 that i gained for my gear.

Lets not ride this broken horse anymore for those crying pve'ers.

I say bolster the pvp gear for pve ops and flashpoints and see if those raiders still think all is fair with bolster.

You earned your gear in pve and each piece makes those boss fights easier. No different for pvp. Get rid of bolster for pvp or add it for PVE at 55!

Sounds good so long as you can only earn PvP gear from winning. I dont even do ops in this game anymore and still get why there is gear progression in PvE.

Sounds good so long as you can only earn PvP gear from winning. I dont even do ops in this game anymore and still get why there is gear progression in PvE.

By your logic I should be able to get PvE gear from warzones

You already can, but how does that apply to what I said? The only point was in pve you actually need to defeat your enemy. In PvP in this game you just show up and earn gear.

You already can, but how does that apply to what I said? The only point was in pve you actually need to defeat your enemy. In PvP in this game you just show up and earn gear.

My mistake. I took that as "you should only be awarded PvP gear from PvE content if you are using PvP gear for it"

The problem is you can't only reward players who win PvP matches, as it would only make good players even better. That would be like boss fights in every operation becoming more difficult every time someone lost to it.

Edited by Kontraz

I also think that the Wz comm distribution needs to be reworked but that is separate

You claimed that PvPers should receive PvP gear from PvE. So to be fair

PvEers should receive PvE gear from PvP

I claimed no such thing I just said you needed to actually win.

I used to be all for the separation of gear PVP/PVE and now I think they should just remove expertise all together make all gear type the same just have different appearances and reg WZ comms get you ark gear and ranked comms gets you UW gear.

Boom PVP becomes all about skill, give players 2 ways to gear out toons, only have to aug one set of armor, frees up inventory space. Most importantly it gets rid of the buggy bolster system.( I lik ethe idea of bolster but atm its causing way to many problems)

Edited by Philastra

I used to be all for the separation of gear PVP/PVE and now I think they should just remove expertise all together make all gear type the same just have different appearances and reg WZ comms get you ark gear and ranked comms gets you UW gear.

Boom PVP becomes all about skill, give players 2 ways to gear out toons, only have to aug one set of armor, frees up inventory space. Most importantly it gets rid of the buggy bolster system.( I lik ethe idea of bolster but atm its causing way to many problems)

/sign

If that is the case, then why were there so many under geared PVE warriors in pvp then. I mean gearing for pvp was beyond simple yet 75% of you couldn't even manage to get the free set of pvp gear. Bolstering endgame content is a joke. But hey I get it bioware never intended PVP to be real endgame content. All it was suppose to be was a mini game for pve players to have something to do while locked out from raids.

It is sad how pathetic games are becoming now a days. I mean pretty soon all games will play themselves that way people wont have to put in any effort at all. When did we as a gaming community become so lazy. I mean almost every free MMO has auto travel to quest. Worst thing bioware did was remove the RNG Bags for PVP gear. Every update since has just made the gear progression worst and worst.

No one wants to earn anything anymore. And if they are forced to they cry its not fair. Anyone who fits in this category has no business playing any MMO or RPG for that matter. God I pray that ESO will not cater to this crowd.

Jenna'syyde

If that is the case, then why were there so many under geared PVE warriors in pvp then. I mean gearing for pvp was beyond simple yet 75% of you couldn't even manage to get the free set of pvp gear. Bolstering endgame content is a joke. But hey I get it bioware never intended PVP to be real endgame content. All it was suppose to be was a mini game for pve players to have something to do while locked out from raids.

It is sad how pathetic games are becoming now a days. I mean pretty soon all games will play themselves that way people wont have to put in any effort at all. When did we as a gaming community become so lazy. I mean almost every free MMO has auto travel to quest. Worst thing bioware did was remove the RNG Bags for PVP gear. Every update since has just made the gear progression worst and worst.

No one wants to earn anything anymore. And if they are forced to they cry its not fair. Anyone who fits in this category has no business playing any MMO or RPG for that matter. God I pray that ESO will not cater to this crowd.

Jenna'syyde

Well I have full WH or better on my 5 50+ characters, but I think the concept behind bolster is great. I dont need gear to pvp, I just enjoy the matches. I also loved the bags because I had good luck and it took less than a dozen bags for full BM on my marauder back pre 1.2. Nice entitlement rant though.

Dude, the bag system wasn't "earning" it was being lucky. It was a complete joke. I had friends that got a disassembled piece from almost every bag they opened, while I through 18 bags with zero pieces, then another fifteen before my next one. I was on my 20th or so bag with no pieces when the update hit and I could finally gear up through time and effort rather than luck

Dude, the bag system wasn't "earning" it was being lucky. It was a complete joke. I had friends that got a disassembled piece from almost every bag they opened, while I through 18 bags with zero pieces, then another fifteen before my next one. I was on my 20th or so bag with no pieces when the update hit and I could finally gear up through time and effort rather than luck

but getting gear for free is earning right? RNG bags was earning your gear. The game didn't just give it to you. But who cares tho It's not like I play the game anymore. Enjoy your game that holds your hand. I'll continue playing games that make me work for my gear and or progression. In the end people will just find something else to blame for them losing. If it isn't gear it will be this class is OP or that Class is OP. Bads make excuses for losing, The rest except that their opponent got the better of them and learn from it to become better.

Jenna'syyde

but getting gear for free is earning right? RNG bags was earning your gear. The game didn't just give it to you. But who cares tho It's not like I play the game anymore. Enjoy your game that holds your hand. I'll continue playing games that make me work for my gear and or progression. In the end people will just find something else to blame for them losing. If it isn't gear it will be this class is OP or that Class is OP. Bads make excuses for losing, The rest except that their opponent got the better of them and learn from it to become better.

Jenna'syyde

Or bads blame bolster for losing and quit the game...

Jenna'syyde

That's like saying that someone who won the lottery "earned" their money. Nothing based on random chance can be claimed as "earned", and I find it hard to believe that you think that system was a true system of reward. At least pre-2.0 we were able to gear up through comms. Sure, it took a while, but eventually you could get your gear. I wasn't having to play dozens more matches than others and have next to no gear to show for it, when compared to players with the same win/loss ratio but had better luck with bags

Do I think the comm system needs to be reworked to some extent? Yes. Currently you only get Max comms if you have 8 medals, however I seldom see people on the losing team walking away with less than eight.

Where in any of my posts did i say I quit because of Bolster. I quit because the game isn't enjoyable. It is riddled with bugs (some of them have been in game since Beta) Bioware constantly nerfs classes that don't need nerfed. They spend way to much time adding stupid s*it to the cartel market. They release bug filled content even tho we as a community told them about the bugs on the PTS. Their customer service is a joke ( have you ever tried calling them, Id rather shoot myself in the balls then every try that again).

Jenna'syyde

Where in any of my posts did i say I quit because of Bolster. I quit because the game isn't enjoyable. It is riddled with bugs (some of them have been in game since Beta) Bioware constantly nerfs classes that don't need nerfed. They spend way to much time adding stupid s*it to the cartel market. They release bug filled content even tho we as a community told them about the bugs on the PTS. Their customer service is a joke ( have you ever tried calling them, Id rather shoot myself in the balls then every try that again).

Jenna'syyde

I was just more or less responding in kind to your comment that I didnt earn my gear and somehow that was why I like bolster. I'd quit too if I wasnt having fun. For the record I have been playing MMOs since EQ's Velious release and have never had to call customer service and I hope that continues to be the case.

Actually, it's the bads that want bolster because they think it's a free win......then when they still lose.....they blame the loss on hacking.

BTW, since Bioware has already killed PVP progression, kill PVE progression too. I'm all for PVE bolster since if the game is gonna die anyway, might as well be able clear the new hm op wearing no gear/green gear/green gear with enhancements removed/green gear with augments removed, etc.

Edited by SomeJagoff

So what some of you are saying is using your pve gear and getting full stats increases from pve gear, and the expertise bonus from bolster is not like giving you free pvp gear? brilliant. You dont even get a bonus from new pvp gear til you get your 12th piece of gear and surpass the bolster system. so your hours and hours are only helping after piece 12. Fact.

2nd if we dont need gear upgrades in pvp then same could go with pve again...

only reason gear upgrades are made for pve is cause the boss is given more hp and hits harder. so make the fights harder and keep the hp of the boss and damage always the same. not thinking i would like that either but that is what some of you are saying.

Week 1 of raiding in any mmo should be your hardest cause you have beginner gear, then each week gets easier from your groups upgrades and yes you learn to kill the boss better each week.

How is that any different from pvp? because you have to win in pve, damn joke. You can take a orange set and make or buy half the enhancements,mods,armorings, barrels etc.......

We arent asking you to change pve, stay away from our pvp.

Seriously why bolster at 55 anyways? if you get say 40% bonus from bolster and max pvp gear gives 60% lol, why not just max the expertise again at 20% and get rid of bolster all together.

Top end pvp gear should not be able to do top end pve content.

Top end pve gear should not be able to contend easily or better then top end pvp gear!

Finally why should a pvp'er who wants to pve have 2 sets of gear with full augments, but a pve'er will only need 1 for both

/sign

IF There is a weekly cap on the amount of Warzone Comms you can get, or if Warzone gear gaining has the same RNG that PvE gearing has.

So basicly.. I'm all for removing the difference between PVE and PVP gear if getting gear for each is equally difficult and has the same limitations. PVEers have a limited amount of bosses that drop 72 gear they can kill each week, and have RNG to consider when gaining gear. They also have a limited amount of comms they can gain to buy less effective versions of 69 and 72 gear. Similar limitations need to also exist for PVP gearing. Or of course, make PVE as much about 'doing it' and as little about 'winning it' as PVP gearing is.

So what some of you are saying is using your pve gear and getting full stats increases from pve gear, and the expertise bonus from bolster is not like giving you free pvp gear? brilliant. You dont even get a bonus from new pvp gear til you get your 12th piece of gear and surpass the bolster system. so your hours and hours are only helping after piece 12. Fact.

2nd if we dont need gear upgrades in pvp then same could go with pve again...

only reason gear upgrades are made for pve is cause the boss is given more hp and hits harder. so make the fights harder and keep the hp of the boss and damage always the same. not thinking i would like that either but that is what some of you are saying.

Week 1 of raiding in any mmo should be your hardest cause you have beginner gear, then each week gets easier from your groups upgrades and yes you learn to kill the boss better each week.

How is that any different from pvp? because you have to win in pve, damn joke. You can take a orange set and make or buy half the enhancements,mods,armorings, barrels etc.......

We arent asking you to change pve, stay away from our pvp.

Seriously why bolster at 55 anyways? if you get say 40% bonus from bolster and max pvp gear gives 60% lol, why not just max the expertise again at 20% and get rid of bolster all together.

Top end pvp gear should not be able to do top end pve content.

Top end pve gear should not be able to contend easily or better then top end pvp gear!

Finally why should a pvp'er who wants to pve have 2 sets of gear with full augments, but a pve'er will only need 1 for both

Don't group me in with pro-bolster. I think the system is broken and should be done away with

Would PvE'ers be ok with not knowing what their stats would be until they actually zoned into an operation and were a couple of minutes from pulling?

This is probably the best analogy I've seen thus far on the situation