(ATTN Bioware)Solutions to the lvl 55 bolster

CloneTrooperJedi

solution1. Take away bolster and add a free starter gear like pre 2.0

solution2. Keep bolster, get rid of exploits and change the pvp gear to have equal stats of pve gear. (So PVPers can do PVE content and not get killed easy)

solution3. Add a bolster to ALL PVE content and make PVP gear better for PVE content. (it's only fair)

If you don't address the pvp bolster issue you'll lose many of your subscribers

solution2. Keep bolster, get rid of exploits and change the pvp gear to have equal stats of pve gear. (So PVPers can do PVE content and not get killed easy)

This one actually already exists (except a few bugs or exploits).

Conqueror gear right now has 66 stats, with no item budget for all the Expertise they get. Seeing 66 is just above entry level endgame PVE (which is 63, or Partisan), you can actually start doing all current endgame PVE activities with your PVP gear, both Partisan and Conqueror.

Seeing Bolster is designed to give people in PVE gear slightly worse results than Partisan gear, the situation IS designed to be exactly the way you say it. PVE players will have entry level PVP, PVPers will have entry level PVE.

Im saying they should change partisan with Arkanian and conqueror with underworld to

make if fair to pvp people since the bolster is still not working right and gives PVE geared people

more stats than pvp gear in warzones and out.

You mean higher Endurance or main stats? cool story bro.

You know they have such low Expertise I look forward to seeing those people on my Partisan geared Sage DPS.. because I know they are free kills and a chance to up my 'damage done' on their 36k health pools that drop faster than Skrillex drops the bass.

This :cool:

simple and effective, worked in 1.7 and I don't recall anyone complaining about it. I can't see why Bioware abandoned this idea, call the new gear Recruit Mk3

solution3. Add a bolster to ALL PVE content and make PVP gear better for PVE content. (it's only fair)

Not this :eek:

basically 2 different mechanics to achieve the same result, making PvP gear as good in PvE and the same tier of PvE gear. Doing this will p*** off the PvE community just as much as the PvPers are upset with bolster atm.

Why? because it will render the PvE gear grind pointless. I mean think about it how long will it take a PvE player running 8 man raids to get a full set of Arkanian gear (remember once you've kill a boss in an Op you have to wait till Tuesday and the reset before you can kill him again due to lockouts). With your suggestions anyone could get an Arkanian equivalent set within a week just by playing enough WZs

Basically in PvE gear should be like this:

Campaign < Recruit Mk3 > Dreadguard

Dreadgaurd < Partisan > Arkanian

Arkanian < Conqueror > Underworld

and in PvP

Dreadguard < Recruit Mk3

Recruit Mk3 = Arkanian

Arkanian < Partisan

Partisan = Underworld

Underworld < Conqueror

Oh and now Expertise has been taken off WH and EWH is should alos be removed from pre lvl 55 Warzones, there is no need for Expertise there, just normal bolster will do.

Im not trying to screw over PVErs I just want our gear progression to be even and fair. If my pvp stats in pve arent good then pve stats shouldnt have good stats in pvp. Thats the point im trying to make. If they dont plan on removing bolster I recommend they at least remove bolster from ranked.

Bolster has no place in end game content.

Bioware does not understand that, because they chose to listen those kids that did not have 1 WEEK that was needed to grind war hero/partisan gear. Thats one week for someone playing casual! For a semi hardcore gamer, the gear 'grind' is 2-3 days.

If bioware wants to have those kids as their main subscriber base (if they even play as subscribers...), fine by me, I can't do much after all ;)

Its just the fact that they have now 100% lost me when ESO comes out, and it SO wont be only me leaving.

Happy bolstering!

agreed

Let's all just be honest. This game is ****ed, it's too late. They wont fix it(in time). The (pvp)game is dying.

Instead of being a negative nancy about it, help BW. These kind of games lives and dies with its community, and if the entire community has this same consensus, it'll definitely die. Don't get me wrong, I've been here since the start (not beta, but since it released) and I've seen some of the dumb **** that BW does. But be understandable with this.

Im not trying to screw over PVErs I just want our gear progression to be even and fair. If my pvp stats in pve arent good then pve stats shouldnt have good stats in pvp. Thats the point im trying to make. If they dont plan on removing bolster I recommend they at least remove bolster from ranked.

True, PvE gear should be as competitive in PvP as PvP gear is in PvE that's fair.

If Bioware removes the Bolster then they need to put free Recruit back in the game, I do not think it is fair to do one without the other.

Even if you max out your WZ comms before dinging 55, just how many bits of Partisan can you buy straight away 3 perhaps 4 if you shop right. That's not a lot of expertise to put up against someone in full PvP gear.:(

This probably hasn't been much of an issue in the first few weeks as everyone was in the same boat following the gear reset., But as more time passes it will become more of an issue as more players get their full Partisan and then Conqueror sets and more players ding 55 and venture into WZs with just 3 or 4 bits of PvP gear.

The only people who think that this is a good idea are those "harcore" PvPers who think it is a huge amount of fun finding new PvPers in their first end game WZ (and crap gear) and pounding them into oblivion over and over again, it's not fun, it's not clever and it doesn't make you a good player, just a bully. :mad:

That was, after all, the main reason Recruit was introduced in the first place, and I suspect it is the main reason for the bolster in lvl 55 WZs.:rolleyes:

What I don't understand was Bioware got the solution right the first time, i.e. free Recruit gear, seriously Bioware if it's not broke why fix it :confused:

The above is the only real solution, but I have absolutely zero faith that they will fire the moron keeping bolster implemented. So the only real solution left is for PvPers to unsub.

2.0 destroyed the gear gap and introduced an exploit gap. The ones with the best stats in warzones are the ones with the specific pieces of gear and knowledge to game bolster for truly ridiculous stats.

Instead of being a negative nancy about it, help BW. These kind of games lives and dies with its community, and if the entire community has this same consensus, it'll definitely die. Don't get me wrong, I've been here since the start (not beta, but since it released) and I've seen some of the dumb **** that BW does. But be understandable with this.

I agree, Im being a negative nancy. Had a crap day personally(nothing to do with game) and it blows to know your escape is pretty much making you pay(i sub) to test and fix their broken ****. They're paying people good money to test and fix this before it gets released(i hope). I just dont get why I have to 'help' them fix something broken. This should be fixed before it goes live.

What they should do is just make it so if you have no expertise, your stats are stock slightly worse than partisan. So if you have a pve piece, you end up with a set piece, regardless of how strong that pve piece is.

That would fix a lot of the problems with this system. And if you want to min max, or adjust your stats, you now have to get pvp gear. Otherwise pvp knowing your gear is good enough.

I don't want to have to wear pve gear to pvp.

The problem with bolster is expertise and the BW pvp teams lack of math skills. PvP sets are no longer remotely on a par with pve sets for pve to prevent people in pvp gear destroying people playing around on Makeb (opposing faction missions cross areas ALL the time).

With capping PvP sets at 65 as opposed to 72, pvp sets are supposed to be junk for playing around in open world areas. Enter Bioware math, where the expertise + bolster is supposed to pull the 63 and 65 pvp sets up past raid gear. Their inability to get this convoluted and unnecessarily complex system to remotely work properly is why we have issues post 2.0, hell, War Hero gear had to be stripped of its PvP stat in order to be competitive in PvP (priceless).

Expertise should be removed from the game, its an idiotic crutch for a problem that doesnt exist except in the minds of the wanna haves. Make pvp and pve sets even and little will change except people can take their own paths, PvE players will not magically be awesome by virtue of having a full set of gear and conversely a pvp guru may not translate into an operations master.

Given the brackets and population the bolster system in theory isnt a bad thing, its downright moronic in its current implementation though.

Campaign < Recruit Mk3 > Dreadguard

Dreadgaurd < Partisan > Arkanian

Arkanian < Conqueror > Underworld

and in PvP

Dreadguard < Recruit Mk3

Recruit Mk3 = Arkanian

Arkanian < Partisan

Partisan = Underworld

Underworld < Conqueror

Pretty much this. Make it so that all pvp gear has the same exp, making the other stats slightly better. Make it so that the amount of pvp gear given by bolster is related directly to it's tier, so that the lower xp amount scales with the higher primary stats. So pvp gear will have lower main stats but always have high exp, yet pve gear will have lower or higher stats, and always have lower exp.

still progression in gear, still pvp will be better, but not by a landslide.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.