Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Is it wrong that I believe we should receive some sort of formal apology?

Cilas

I read several pages of this thread before I posted and they all talked about Bolster...not the augment expoit specifically. I was uninformed on the augment bug...and I admitted that. Based on several pages I read most people were complainging about lvl 72 PvE gear being better. While I agree, that's not the way the advantage should tilt, at least that advantage is not as great as EWH to Recruit. I had to read through a couple of other threads to understand the augment bug...and I agree, that is a pretty game breaking bug.

At least we're now on the same page.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We did have that gear... it was called War Hero & Elite War Hero.

It's sickening to see what PVP has evolved into. The dev team seems to think that they need bolster to bring more people into PVP, just like their failed attempt during the Ilum Gree event. People don't "convert" to PVP... you either do it or you don't. Those that do have PVP gear, or if they don't, it's because of the stupid *** WZ commendation cap. If lowbies could save up their commendations until level 55, they'd be able to buy partisan gear at 55 and we wouldn't need the current expertise crutch known as bolster.

I'm in a mostly PvE guild and most of my guildmates don't have time to grind two sets of gear. Many of them are good enough to be competitive, but don't have the gear required for it. Bolster at least lets me PvP with them and stand a chance. If PvE and PvP gear were one of the same with two means of attaining it we wouldn't see the issues everybody is now having with Bolster. Expertise, it seems, is a failed experiment.

Then perhaps you should get informed before you post.

I'm not saying this is you at all, but makes me think of the likely hundreds of thousands of voters in the US that vote for a politician without getting informed of where said politician stands on the issues first.

Please, try tens of millions.

Who is this directed at? And where in this thread is anyone complaining about a level playing field? I think you're confused

Doesnt take much reading to find posts like these. Go back a few pages.

I quote "I would prefer a level playing field over a gear advantage"

Doesnt take much reading to find posts like these. Go back a few pages.

I quote "I would prefer a level playing field over a gear advantage"

Huh, that's weird, people prefer an outcome based on team skill rather than gear..in a competitive environment? Now I've heard it all.

6 pages or so happened while I slept... so in an effort to get back into the argument I would like to disagree with each and every one of you.

Because I don't have the time to argue with each of you indivually... just picture me saying the exact opposite of what you said and end the sentence with "kid" or "baddie", perhaps throw in a "L2P" and a ":rolleyes:".

Thank you... carry on.

Edited by Baedwulf

6 pages or so happened while I slept... so in an effort to get back into the argument I would like to disagree with each and every one of you.

Because I don't have the time to argue with each of you indivually... just picture me saying the exact opposite of what you said and end the sentence with "kid" or "baddie", perhaps throw in a "L2P" and a ":rolleyes:".

Thank you... carry on.

What, no 'lol' or 'umadubad?'

Lol learn 2 troll

Thank you... carry on.

i actually do have some beef with you

This is the Linsay Lohan of MMO's and no one should be surprised that it's broken and has numerous flaws

How dare you. Lindsay Lohan is awesome

:-)

I got too annoyed by this as well. I am simply back to PVE until they really make some changes to this bolster system where it actually works right. That probably won't happen until another 5 patches at least or another expansion.

I'm in a mostly PvE guild and most of my guildmates don't have time to grind two sets of gear. Many of them are good enough to be competitive, but don't have the gear required for it. Bolster at least lets me PvP with them and stand a chance. If PvE and PvP gear were one of the same with two means of attaining it we wouldn't see the issues everybody is now having with Bolster. Expertise, it seems, is a failed experiment.

My pvp gear is inferior in a flashpoint, your pve gear should be the same in a battleground. You want to be competitive at anything you should have to practice and get the proper gear.

My pvp gear is inferior in a flashpoint, your pve gear should be the same in a battleground. You want to be competitive at anything you should have to practice and get the proper gear.

That's why I support both sets being the same. You can earn it via PvP or PvE, but they're both the same. Make Arkanian = Partisan and Underworld = Conqueror. Different set bonus or something that slightly benefits each side of the game, but make them equal stats and get rid of Expertise.

Let all participate and compete. PvP based on skill over gear is what we all (should all) want. Who cares if it's a PvEer in PvP once a week. Level the field with gear and the good players will mow them down. So let's get back on track and all agree where we can agree. PvP > PvE

From one of the greatest PvPers of all time:

"This is the legend of Cassius Clay,

The most beautiful fighter in the world today.

He talks a great deal, and brags indeed-y,

of a muscular punch that's incredibly speed-y.

The fistic world was dull and weary,

But with a champ like Liston, things had to be dreary.

Then someone with color and someone with dash,

Brought fight fans are runnin' with Cash.

This brash young boxer is something to see

And the heavyweight championship is his des-tin-y.

This kid fights great; he’s got speed and endurance,

But if you sign to fight him, increase your insurance.

This kid's got a left; this kid's got a right,

If he hit you once, you're asleep for the night.

And as you lie on the floor while the ref counts ten,

You’ll pray that you won’t have to fight me again.

For I am the man this poem’s about,

The next champ of the world, there isn’t a doubt.

This I predict and I know the score,

I’ll be champ of the world in ’64.

When I say three, they’ll go in the third,

So don’t bet against me, I’m a man of my word.

He is the greatest! Yes!

I am the man this poem’s about,

I’ll be champ of the world, there isn’t a doubt.

Here I predict Mr. Liston’s dismemberment,

I’ll hit him so hard; he’ll wonder where October and November went.

When I say two, there’s never a third,

Standin against me is completely absurd.

When Cassius says a mouse can outrun a horse,

Don’t ask how; put your money where your mouse is!

I AM THE GREATEST!"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.