"animation will also play quicker. This makes some attacks look and sound very cool"

Hierodule

in all the new class change threads, the claim that alacrity will

"animation will also play quicker. This makes some attacks look and sound very cool"

is made.

Is there any evidence of that? a video comparing before and after on increasing alacrity?

I have no idea, actually, I certainly didn't notice any difference. (Yeah, I stacked some Alacrity on a character before I knew how useless it is. :rolleyes: )

Whenever I read that statement I have to laugh, though. I know it might matter to some people, but I hardly care what an attack looks like as long as it's effective.

A side-by-side comparison of some animations would be very interesting, though.

I will admit, running a sentinel first person looked boring as usual, but watching the replay from our healer's perspective seemed like it was far more interesting.

I think you miss a lot of the cool stuff in the game when you play a melee class, because you're so locked in to a tight view and constantly watching your toolbars.

I only play ranged classes in MMOs. It's enjoyable to have a bird's-eye view of the fighting.

I think you miss a lot of the cool stuff in the game when you play a melee class, because you're so locked in to a tight view and constantly watching your toolbars.

I only play ranged classes in MMOs. It's enjoyable to have a bird's-eye view of the fighting.

True, tunnel-vision that comes with focusing on situational awareness and 'rotation' tends to make you loose out, but in this case the abilities are playing close to the character, making it hard to see the differences on the outside.

Playing a r-dps and watching sentinels didn't look quite so interesting pre-2.0, but if it's related to alacrity or not I'm unsure. Some abilities like zen enhanced blade-rush seemed more fluid in execution from the outside view, while the chain of ability use seemed to imply my sentinel had a third lightsaber waiting to be pulled out for some of the animations to make sense.

Edited by Kenj
Adding Quote