The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Black Market Tank Implants/Earpieces: Only Juggs Get it All

ScytheEleven

For the most part, all classes across the board have similar stats on the purchasable Black Market gear (the ones you can buy with elite coms)...except when it comes to tanking implants/earpieces for Juggs. They clearly get the best ones.

For tanking classes, here is what I've noticed:

- Both Sins/Powertech tanks can obtain a shield/defense enhancement from the Arkanian boots. Juggs can get one from the chest piece. Neither class can get one from any of the purchasable Black Market gear. Kinda sucks, but it's fair.

- Sins/Powertechs/Juggernauts can all purchase a GREAT earpiece from the Black Market vendor that is shield/defense.

- Sins/Powertech's can purchase an implant that is Accuracy and Absorption. It's gross. Do not want, do not touch, kill it with fire. Two of the worst stats right now for tanks.

- Juggernauts can buy a implant that is shield/absorption.

This really, really frustrates me. Juggernauts can easily buy their good implants, while Sins/PT's have to either: 1) grind out HM 55's that have the small potential to drop a shield/defense or shield/absorb implant. I've been capped on elite coms since Thursday on my PT tank, and I've being doing two 55's a day since then with no luck on a tank implant.

2) Do the Golden Fury boss every week and hope to God/cross your fingers that it drops an Arkanian implant token and that you win it.

I know a golden post user won't respond to this...but just in case...is this intended? Why did Sins/PT's get the strong shaft here in regards to purchasable implants? I know it's supposed to be a gear grind w/ all the stats being wonky (i.e. buy a piece here for this mod, buy another piece here for the armoring)...but it's not like you can "buy" certain parts for an implant to piece it together.

Probably whining, but it is frustrating me.

1. I thought on pts it was decided that defense was worthless and that you should put everything towards shield/absorb

2. All 3 tanks are different and play different. So the stats each kind of tank needs is different from the other one. Bioware made all 3 tanks play differently because of this.

1. I thought on pts it was decided that defense was worthless and that you should put everything towards shield/absorb

2. All 3 tanks are different and play different. So the stats each kind of tank needs is different from the other one. Bioware made all 3 tanks play differently because of this.

They changed the stats at some point on the PTS again and essentially flipped defense and absorption's importance. Now absorption is pretty much garbanzo beans compared to defense. None of the tanks really want accuracy since it occupies the same itemization as mitigation stats, and none of the tanks can use absorption to any appreciable degree over defense or shield ratings until way into the defense and shield DR curves.

I play both a Juggernaut and Powertech tank and noticed this immediately as I started gearing the latter in 66+ stuff. Hopefully an oversight because as you said, that accuracy/absorption thing is... yuck.

I am hoping this as well!

1) Actually, when they came back and changed the shield/absorb ratings, it's now absorb that all the tanks stack very little of. Example: PT tank = defense > shield >> absorb. Maybe with future gear levels, tanks can start to add a little bit of accuracy, but right now, our mitigation is so low that we cannot afford to stack anything besides shield/defense and a little bit of absorb. I can deal with the alacrity in armor pieces because you can swap those out; you CAN'T change the implants.

2). Yes, they all play differently...however, in terms of gear stats across the board, everything is roughly the same...except these implants. Juggs clearly have the easier means of gearing up because of the implant stats.

I've ran Cad HM 9 times in the past two days, I've managed once to get the Demolisher Implant that is shield/defense. 7 times that I've ran it, I've used guildies/friends to form an all bounty hunter group to increase the drop rate.

It's getting a bit frustrating that Juggs can buy a good implant, and Sins/PT's are stuck with an ultra-crappy one...especially since the gear stats for other pieces are roughly the same across the board.