Jedi Covenant Buyer/Seller/Crafter's Thread (Arkanian Quality)

Nellsterzzz

I'll throw my crafting hat in here, too. I can make a few enhancements:

Advanced Battle Enhancement 30

Advanced Quick Savant Enhancement 30

As well as nearly all the craftable color crystals (Black-Blue, Black-Red, Black-Orange, Black-Purple, Cyan, Purple)... except for Purple Indestructible. >.>

Send a whisper or ingame mail to Padraic (Republic) or Thesquer (Imperial) - I'll gladly craft for mats or for a below-GTN price. :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Empire Side: Character Name: Izzo

Deft Mod 30

Might Armoring 30

(Also Keen mod 30A and Potent mod 30A but i don't think anyone would ever want either of those so I wouldn't add them to the list, since A mods are obviously trash, and now crit is trash too haha)

Dinwitt on the imperial side, Wraithraiser on the republic. I can do Resolve 30 armoring, Skill 30 armoring, Might 30 armoring, Mettle 30A mod, and Keen 30A mod.

I don't know if there are any Arkanian/Black Market earpieces or implants that are learnable. And in that same vein, you should probably include the 150 basic comm earpiece and implant schematics, since they are actually worth crafting and don't have ridiculous material requirements.

Empire Side: Character Name: Izzo

Deft Mod 30

Might Armoring 30

(Also Keen mod 30A and Potent mod 30A but i don't think anyone would ever want either of those so I wouldn't add them to the list, since A mods are obviously trash, and now crit is trash too haha)

Actually its the opposite. Any class dps/heals that receive a 6% or 9% to mainstat in their tree is better.

Actually its the opposite. Any class dps/heals that receive a 6% or 9% to mainstat in their tree is better.

Don't want to get too far off topic, but that's just incorrect. Advanced xxx Mod 30 will ALWAYS be better for a dps class than Advanced xxx Mod 30A.

A mods have 77 Primary and 29 Power (or crit) Normal Mods have 63 Primary and 52 Power. No matter what class you play 23 power is better than 14 Primary Stat, and its not even kinda close.

Don't want to get too far off topic, but that's just incorrect. Advanced xxx Mod 30 will ALWAYS be better for a dps class than Advanced xxx Mod 30A.

A mods have 77 Primary and 29 Power (or crit) Normal Mods have 63 Primary and 52 Power. No matter what class you play 23 power is better than 14 Primary Stat, and its not even kinda close.

Actually that is false. For example. The difference between power from the secondary stat and power you get from mainstat is .03. When you stack high mainstat mods on say a sorc with the 6% mainstat buff or an operative with the 9% buff you will see that you get more towards bonus dmg or bonus healing. This can easily be varified by switching out for example a mettle mod 30 and a mettle mod 30a. You will get more power out of the A version then the regular

This applies to all DPS and healing classes with the exclusion of marauder/sentinel and assassin/shadows

Edited by Nellsterzzz

Actually that is false. For example. The difference between power from the secondary stat and power you get from mainstat is .03. When you stack high mainstat mods on say a sorc with the 6% mainstat buff or an operative with the 9% buff you will see that you get more towards bonus dmg or bonus healing. This can easily be varified by switching out for example a mettle mod 30 and a mettle mod 30a. You will get more power out of the A version then the regular

This applies to all DPS and healing classes with the exclusion of marauder/sentinel and assassin/shadows

But the argument you just made is essentially that mainstat is better than power for those classes in a 1 to 1 ratio, which is of course true, but does not apply here at all. For an A mod to ever be better, primary stat has to be almost 65% better than power, which it is not for any class in the game regardless of talented primary stat increases. Look at the two mods, and assume even a 9% buff to primary stats, which is the best you can have:

Mod 30:

63 Primary

52 Power

Bonus Damage = (Bonus From Primary + Bonus From Power) * Warrior Buff = ((63 * .20 * 1.05 * 1.09) + (52 * .23)) * 1.05) = 27.7

Mod 30A:

77 Primary

29 Power

Bonus Damage = ((77 * .20 * 1.05 * 1.09) + (29 * .23)) * 1.05 = 25.5

So the regular version of the mod, even with the 9% primary stat buff, does 2.2 more bonus dmg. The extra 14 primary stat gives roughly (.0025 * 14) or 0.035% more crit, which is certainly not worth sacking 2.2 bonus damage.

Obviously at a point of perfect gear optimization crit and power are equally valuable, so if this is true for power mods it must be true for crit mods as well.

And if all that wasn't enough, there is a reason there are no A mods present on any underworld gear, and instead appear only occasionally on verpine random drops: the underworld pieces are meant to be properly itemized, verpine pieces are meant to be poorly itemized, and all A mods are garbage so the devs knew better than to include them in the real endgame gear.

Edited by OneShotXV

But the argument you just made is essentially that mainstat is better than power for those classes in a 1 to 1 ratio, which is of course true, but does not apply here at all. For an A mod to ever be better, primary stat has to be almost 65% better than power, which it is not for any class in the game regardless of talented primary stat increases. Look at the two mods, and assume even a 9% buff to primary stats, which is the best you can have:

Mod 30:

63 Primary

52 Power

Bonus Damage = (Bonus From Primary + Bonus From Power) * Warrior Buff = ((63 * .20 * 1.05 * 1.09) + (52 * .23)) * 1.05) = 27.7

Mod 30A:

77 Primary

29 Power

Bonus Damage = ((77 * .20 * 1.05 * 1.09) + (29 * .23)) * 1.05 = 25.5

So the regular version of the mod, even with the 9% primary stat buff, does 2.2 more bonus dmg. The extra 14 primary stat gives roughly (.0025 * 14) or 0.035% more crit, which is certainly not worth sacking 2.2 bonus damage.

Obviously at a point of perfect gear optimization crit and power are equally valuable, so if this is true for power mods it must be true for crit mods as well.

And if all that wasn't enough, there is a reason there are no A mods present on any underworld gear, and instead appear only occasionally on verpine random drops: the underworld pieces are meant to be properly itemized, verpine pieces are meant to be poorly itemized, and all A mods are garbage so the devs knew better than to include them in the real endgame gear.

Herp derp. You are correct. I re-read the article on where I was basing my opinion on and his math was wrong as was mine. :)

Thread has been updated. Also if you are a crafter who charges and your name is on this list please do so in your post so that i can put a tag next to your name letting people know that you do require a fee for your crafting services.

My republic crafter's name is anthrobeau. I can craft:

Advanced Force Wielder Armoring 30

Advanced Guardian Armoring 30

Advanced Might Armoring 30

Advanced Reflex Armoring 30

Advanced Resolve Armoring 30

Advanced Aptitude Mod 30

Advanced Elusive Mod 30B

Advanced Keen Mod 30A

Advanced Mettle Mod 30A

Advanced Potent Mod 30

Advanced Reinforced Mod 30B