The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Relic and Adrenal question

emidas

Has anyone tried using the Alacrity adrenal and/or relic in place of the power ones? I would think it could be competitive.

I have a hard time imagining that to be competitive, but I suppose you'd have to do some math to know for sure. I also suspect that it would be different for different specs and depend heavily on how many of your abilities are off CD when you use it.

You might try it for the adrenal, but for relics I highly recommend you try using two different versions of the serendipitous assault relics. I am using the Arkanian and Partisan (pvp) versions of this relic together and I get both buffs to stack. I would expect that two of the exact same relic would not stack (2x arkanian or 2x partisan, etc.,).

I have a hard time imagining that to be competitive, but I suppose you'd have to do some math to know for sure. I also suspect that it would be different for different specs and depend heavily on how many of your abilities are off CD when you use it.

You might try it for the adrenal, but for relics I highly recommend you try using two different versions of the serendipitous assault relics. I am using the Arkanian and Partisan (pvp) versions of this relic together and I get both buffs to stack. I would expect that two of the exact same relic would not stack (2x arkanian or 2x partisan, etc.,).

Your relic recommendation probably is best, after seeing that. I did not realize you could stack them.

As a Slinger, everything except Sabo Charge, Trickshot, and Quickdraw has a cast or channel time (same for Snipers). I would assume we'd be one of the higher benefiting classes from the alacrity adrenal.

The only issue would be the cooldowns on abilities. You have a pretty consistent rotation right now, you'd need enough alacrity to fit in a certain number more Charged Bursts/ Snipes to make it worthwhile.

Edited by emidas

I'm going to go with the underworld relic of serendipitous assault and underworld relic of boundless ages. The serendipitous assault relic almost rivals the boundless ages one in terms of power/second. Running a spec like the hybrid or lethality where you have lots of dots ticking makes the proc relics much better. My only question is if the serendipitous assault relic is better than the proc damage relic.

I currently use Arkanian + Partisan, my plan is to end up with Underworld + Arkanian serendipitous assault (SA) relics, I think that the arkanian SA relic will be better than the underworld boundless ages one, and besides I much prefer procs to clickies so that I don't have to remember to click them, lol.

I currently use Arkanian + Partisan, my plan is to end up with Underworld + Arkanian serendipitous assault (SA) relics, I think that the arkanian SA relic will be better than the underworld boundless ages one, and besides I much prefer procs to clickies so that I don't have to remember to click them, lol.

He is right. you can also use the pvp serendipitous assult. These are mathematically the best as they give you the most dps