The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server full?

Tachenko_Yuri

In a queue that instead of decrasing my position, it increases it ( from 50 to 71 )

In a queue that wait time doesn't decrease, but increase (15m to 20m)

And then magically let me in, I gotta ask myself.

Why is f2p clutter not allowing me to play the game i'm paying for? and not just basic sub.

Because we know that servers don't get full by subscribers and a-la-carte CC buyers alone. :)

That "f2p clutter" as you so eloquently put it is what's helping keep this game alive for you to continue to play.

I can't speak to why your queue position would increase like that but it could be as simple as a number of people already in-game getting disconnected so maybe they were given queue priority ahead of everyone to get back in quickly.

As for the time, that was most likely the result of the server recalculating its time estimate based on how long it had been since the queue had last moved forward.

Since it almost certainly doesn't update in real time, it's very probable that a lot of slots freed up in a short amount of time after having been stalled for ages so what was 20 minutes became almost instant.

That "f2p clutter" as you so eloquently put it is what's helping keep this game alive for you to continue to play.

I can't speak to why your queue position would increase like that but it could be as simple as a number of people already in-game getting disconnected so maybe they were given queue priority ahead of everyone to get back in quickly.

As for the time, that was most likely the result of the server recalculating its time estimate based on how long it had been since the queue had last moved forward.

Since it almost certainly doesn't update in real time, it's very probable that a lot of slots freed up in a short amount of time after having been stalled for ages so what was 20 minutes became almost instant.

You could make the argument that preferred players are helping keep the game afloat but the true f2p players haven't even spent 5 bucks towards the game (otherwise they would be preferred).

They should be kicked to make room for paying customers imo. They don't like it? Buy something! :p

You could make the argument that preferred players are helping keep the game afloat but the true f2p players haven't even spent 5 bucks towards the game (otherwise they would be preferred).

They should be kicked to make room for paying customers imo. They don't like it? Buy something! :p

isnt that why some if not most mmo's have a level cap for F2P??

Yeah, this pretty much.

And full subbers would still be in the right of priority.

You know it's just annoying to be a day out, go home and wanting to pick up your paid game and find it full, along with a troll message saying that i get the highest priority and still being left out.

And again, since a server doesn't get full by prefs and subbers alone, F2P should be the ones to go first.. Or maybe have installed extra capacity on weekends, since that is when this tends to occur mostly. :)