The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Operative roll

Jurakan

Because Adrenaline Probe and Stim Boost do nothing for energy regen, right?

You shouldn't be able to roll with the ball in Huttball, just like you can't stealth with the ball. And it should probably have a small 5-6 second CD that doesn't set off the global cooldown. Operatives need to be mobile in combat and Exfiltrate does that. But there's no way they should be able to beat out Force Speed or Carnage Predation easily by chaining back-to-back-to-back rolls.

Yeah, in the distance of 130m they beat carnage predation with the huge amount of...2 seconds?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and what about guardian leap? you can jump to an ally and protect him with damage reduction

totally OP

lol

roll it's a utility like anyother, with advantages and disadvantages, ops didn't have any a part stealth and a silly cover in plain sight...

just stop keyboard turning and clicking targets

Edited by JouerTue
lol

People are saying this roll destroys the smug/agent's energy and there fore its balanced.

But don't they have an energy restore skill which would enable them to effectively double the amount of distance rolled or allow them to be fully combat ready again ?

Either way I agree with the point that they should not be able to use this skill while carrying the ball in HB

Edited by nkitch

People are saying this roll destroys the smug/agent's energy and there fore its balanced.

But don't they have an energy restore skill which would enable them to effectively double the amount of distance rolled or allow them to be fully combat ready again ?

Either way I agree with the point that they should not be able to use this skill while carrying the ball in HB

The restore is on a long cooldown and its regen rate is based on how low you are. We should remove all speeds from the huttball guy oooorrrr people could just slow people and the roll will be half as fast. Remember not all ops have a purge or immunity ability.

really... 2 sec vs warrior at 140m... we are all debating its for.... WAIT it's finally balanced!?!?! nothing else to QQ about except a speed buff! Congrats bio!! well maybe mercs still... sorry guys :rak_tongue:

Edited by Kegparty

The restore is on a long cooldown and its regen rate is based on how low you are. We should remove all speeds from the huttball guy oooorrrr people could just slow people and the roll will be half as fast. Remember ops dont have a purge or immunity.

Ops have a purge (they are healers after all), removes negative tech or physical effects. Also they have dodge, which removes all removable hostile effects. Dodge, however, has cd of 1 minute.

Ops have a purge (they are healers after all), removes negative tech or physical effects. Also they have dodge, which removes all removable hostile effects. Dodge, however, has cd of 1 minute.

Damnit you caught me before I could fix it... As a healer you leave your group? huh.. I only tried this on my DPS spec 3 times. Success 1 time.

Just did a WZ where I god mode ran to the bridge button uninhibited.. guess who was with me one step behind. Half my team. This ability is not OP knowledge of the rush is op. Take away all speed buffs or bolster everyone to the same /sarcasm

anyways I still stand by my 2 sec vs warrior at 140m. If only they had some sort of gap closer or ranged attack.

Edited by Kegparty

Damnit you caught me before I could fix it... As a healer you leave your group? huh.. I only tried this on my DPS spec 3 times. Success 1 time.

Just did a WZ where I god mode ran to the bridge button uninhibited.. guess who was with me one step behind. Half my team. This ability is not OP knowledge of the rush is op. Take away all speed buffs or bolster everyone to the same /sarcasm

anyways I still stand by my 2 sec vs warrior at 140m.

So, all I said is that scoundrels can be healers and all healers have purge. Playing scrapper myself. Also, if you are talking about Rogueheal's video, it's 2 seconds faster in the distance of 130m, not 140m.

Anyway, I've encountered 1 problem now: in huttball, if the ball carrier is an operative, and I try to keep up with him with my rolls, I won't be able to kill him when I finally catch him, thanks to the fact that we both will be out of energy but the ball carrier doesn't need it. Dunno if some other class could stop him, probably yes, but annoying when I'm playing a scoundrel myself, too.

So, all I said is that scoundrels can be healers and all healers have purge. Playing scrapper myself. Also, if you are talking about Rogueheal's video, it's 2 seconds faster in the distance of 130m, not 140m.

Anyway, I've encountered 1 problem now: in huttball, if the ball carrier is an operative, and I try to keep up with him with my rolls, I won't be able to kill him when I finally catch him, thanks to the fact that we both will be out of energy but the ball carrier doesn't need it. Dunno if some other class could stop him, probably yes, but annoying when I'm playing a scoundrel myself, too.

Use a slow on him then his rolls are cut in half.

So yes if his 1 min cooldown dodge is up that does negate your slow. Sounds like force shroud moment.

It still makes 1vs1 against a ball carrier pretty much impossible. During that 12 seconds, that guy usually gets pretty far, so I either have to hope someone else slows him and take a different route than him instead of chasing him, or chase him and run out of energy.

Though, this 1 situation doesn't make the skill op, of course. Just saying that is really annoying when it happens.

It still makes 1vs1 against a ball carrier pretty much impossible. During that 12 seconds, that guy usually gets pretty far, so I either have to hope someone else slows him and take a different route than him instead of chasing him, or chase him and run out of energy.

Though, this 1 situation doesn't make the skill op, of course. Just saying that is really annoying when it happens.

Yup and I am pretty much annoyed when a class with a speed boost jumps up to a pug sitting on the ledge who then tries to CC him ignoring the giant shield animation. :)

Ive never had success like you mentioned on my op as the ball carrier. The ability is just interesting an fun atm but like all things people will QQ.

Make it similar to force speed distance with no resource cost and a similar cooldown.. That stuck moment at the end needs to be removed and I would be fine with all that.

The one thing that is sad about all those changes is right now I feel like operatives are getting some awesome 1v1s before the rest of the group shows up 2 sec later in void. I have had some fun times fighting "dirty"

Edited by Kegparty

You know dodge is only for 3 sec. You could just lower the cooldown of sever tendon :)

As hilarious as I think this ability is I agree it needs fixed. Most of my friends that play ops admit behind closed doors that it's OP. Regardless of how much energy it takes I feel like it needs a 5 second cool down or so.

It's amazing how many players in this thread that play Operatives are talking about how mediocre their class was before the roll... and how they -need it- now.

Operatives were, and even more now in 2.0, the best PVP healers in this game.

It's amazing how many players in this thread that play Operatives are talking about how mediocre their class was before the roll... and how they -need it- now.

And not everyone plays a healer.

the only problem with it I see is it all but guarantees that a healer will get away. cleanse, roll roll, stealth. poof. disappeared and ranged. you'd have to be constantly dotting them and slowing them. as far as I know, only cauterize and ion pulse is going to do this. but the slow on plasma cell isn't very good. and you need to be in 4m to reapply cauterize but only have the one closer. I've only enountered roll a few times, but there was absolutely no chance of reeling him in when the scoundrel decided it was time to extricate himself (harpoon was on cd). I don't think it's terribly OP. I also don't see why an op would complain about a 10 or 15s cd like EVERY OTHER SPEED abil has. I really don't care if it costs energy or it's free. let it be free. three rolls in a row are going to range anyone with no recourse. imo. still...not exactly the biggest problem in pvp as I see it.

Not everyone wants to heal. If I want to dps on my operative competitively, I should be able to do so without worry of being underpowered, etc. as operatives have been since like 1.2

Gotta love all the cry on these forums from pug warzone players crying about classes and abilities, while the only problem lies in the ignorance of themselves (If you feel spoken to, you're definitely one of them) or other pug players regarding mmo mechanics.

Read the following, remember it by heart and spread out the message;

The passive way :

5 procent of NORMAL warzones will exist out of two teams that are pretty well balanced, considering class composition, their skill in how to play their own class and in unison with the other players in their team + overall game awareness and intelligence. If you want to play alot of these games, join up with friends and start playing RANKED warzones instead of NORMAL warzones.

The agressive way :

The team with the most baddies will mostly loose, deal with it.

Simply said, if you are lucky in a NORMAL warzone, each TEAM will have players of each class. In this topic example BOTH TEAMS will have a roller so what is the problem with that ??

Go and play the class if you want to roll too.

Alot of players in this game should start realizing that you are supposed to play together in an mmo, instead of seeing everything from a shortminded personal perspective.

Communicate with your team in a warzone, dont be afraid to ask questions if you have no idea what you are doing, get in a guild and learn to play together, instead of insulting the newb 50/55 player in your warzone because he is doing something wrong or pointlessly, explain to him politely what he'd better do instead. Share your specs and gear and in the end everyone will get better from this.

Operative was already the preferred healer subclass for Huttball. In fact overall, Operative was already the best all around healer subclass. So why did BW buff them?

Simple - BW thinks Operatives are underpowered. They have one person doing class balancing. One. They guy works hard, but let's face facts. He spends maybe 50 hours a week on his job. He's lucky if he gets in 10 hours a week in gameplay time. And maybe only half of that in pvp. There's zero chance he truly understands class balance. So he's going to rely overwhelmingly on automated stat tracking to tell him which classes are OP and UP. And so it is all about the meta averages. Meta average productivity will rank the most popular classes as OP, because they are filled with undergeared, underexperienced players who have just transferred into the subclass. The least popular classes (the ones the player base recognizes as the most UP) will have the highest meta averages and continuosly get nerfed because the only people left playing those are the most dedicated and hard-core adherents to the subclass. In other words, the most skilled of the subclass. That's why Merc Pyros continuously get nerfed even though the player player realizes it is the worst PvP subclass in the game.

Going forward in 2.1, Operatives, Snipers and Assassins will continue to get buffed. There are far too many noob players flowing into those subclasses. Even though they are the best subclasses in the hands of expert players, they WILL continue to get buffed. Count on it.

Simply said, if you are lucky in a NORMAL warzone, each TEAM will have players of each class. In this topic example BOTH TEAMS will have a roller so what is the problem with that ??.

are we really calling them "rollers" now? cuzt that sounds incredibly retarded. lolsmasher, although obviously making fun, is kinda cool. rollers...makes me think of the thing you roll dough with. or vanilla ice in his 5.0. :cool:

that's staw warz kidz for ya. They usually go to bed around 11.

OP whines about leapers having the huttball (and whines about nearly everything in general), but is now okay with it because it's been awhile.

OP will stop being a faggòt after awhile once he remembers he has force slow. Since his keyboard is probably filled with unused keybinds of maul and force speed, "awhile" may be awhile.

You are an insult to anyone cursed enough to read your dribble.