Operative roll

Jurakan

This skill was modeled based on what? Who's retarded idea was it to have an operative non force sensitive character roll non-stop at the speed of light? Have you seen how they can run from the spawn to middle in huttball in five seconds 10 seconds earlier than the rest of their team? BIoware are you stupid or are you deliberately giving classes overpowered skill to compensate for how unbalance and weak you made them in the beggining? How can they roll and not drop the ball in huttball? You guys have a moronic idea of what pvp should be like. No delay on that cover roll? I think your developer team are Indian freeleancers that don't even bother testing a skill before implementing it. I want to see a novel that speaks about this operative who's special skill was to roll and could roll around a planet in five minutes. Idiots. Edited by Jurakan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This skill was modeled based on what? Who's retarded idea was it to have an operative non force sensitive character roll non-stop at the speed of light? Have you seen how they can run from the spawn to middle in huttball in five seconds 10 seconds earlier than the rest of their team? BIoware are you stupid or are you deliberately giving classes overpowered skill to compensate for how unbalance and weak you made them in the beggining? How can they roll and not drop the ball in huttball? You guys have a moronic idea of what pvp should be like. No delay on that cover roll? I think your developer team are Indian freeleancers that don't even bother testing a skill before implementing it. I want to see a novel that speaks about this operative who's special skill was to roll and could roll around a planet in five minutes. Idiots.

Dude. Electro Net them. GG

This skill was modeled based on what? Who's retarded idea was it to have an operative non force sensitive character roll non-stop at the speed of light? Have you seen how they can run from the spawn to middle in huttball in five seconds 10 seconds earlier than the rest of their team? BIoware are you stupid or are you deliberately giving classes overpowered skill to compensate for how unbalance and weak you made them in the beggining? How can they roll and not drop the ball in huttball? You guys have a moronic idea of what pvp should be like. No delay on that cover roll? I think your developer team are Indian freeleancers that don't even bother testing a skill before implementing it. I want to see a novel that speaks about this operative who's special skill was to roll and could roll around a planet in five minutes. Idiots.

Energy cost: 21 (Scrapper) & 25 for the rest.

Scoundrel energy: 105 with PVP bonus set.

When a Scoundrel is below 35% energy, his regen is terribly slow.

So how the **** can you complain about this spell?

We were a joke in huttball, where force users & commando have pushback, grap, sprint, leap, charge, ...

So how the **** can you complain about this spell?

Just tell me. The only stupid personn here is you !

Please tell me what ability also lets u safely cross the fire pits in huttball? :D

I don't really care for the op/scoundrel roll but i do only agree with the fact it should not let u magically roll thru super heated plasma.

Over all the only thing u have to do is keep a snare on them and anticipate the roll so they do not roll as far as they wish. What i do belive is unfair is those clever little players who use the roll mechanic along with the cover system to gain double the normal distance.

You can pick skills from your trees to ease energy management and make the skill spamable and the determining factor in huttball and every other warzone. It's retarded, i'm not saying remove it, i'm saying it needs a cooldown like every other skill in this game. Three rollls in a row and they still half force bar so Idk why you are crying other than the fact that you suck if you need that skill to be spammable to be good. Edited by Jurakan

It's so funny how everybody is crying for a CD for this roll.

That only shows that you haven't got any clue about the Operative or the roll.

The range is tiny. Tiny. Give it a CD and the ability is crap.

It's laughable how players like you are "trolling" to nerf this ability. Slow them. Grapple them. Stun them. Every CC works - use it.

I don't see how they won't add a 15s cooldown on that skill with the next patch. Clearly it's something this skill should have had to begin with.

Sure then give scoundrels/operatives something useful in huttball. They have no knockbacks, no pull allies or enemies, and no leap to enemies or allies. They only provide stealth or heals. So operatives/scoundrels are forced to heal thats all they can do. Let's face it stealth is not much of an advantage when an assassin is 10x better at stealthing at the goal line to cap when the operative/scoundrel roll has a 15s cooldown.

Putting 15s CD on the roll makes it a craptacular ability, if we are snared we roll 6m LOL. It won't even be useful as an escape ability after that.

It's so funny how everybody is crying for a CD for this roll.

That only shows that you haven't got any clue about the Operative or the roll.

The range is tiny. Tiny. Give it a CD and the ability is crap.

It's laughable how players like you are "trolling" to nerf this ability. Slow them. Grapple them. Stun them. Every CC works - use it.

the range is tiny? lol....in hypergate me and a sin tank attacked a ball carrier just outside the mid before you go around the rock and toward the pylon, got him under 5% hp with no cc on us, the tiny range roll got him to the pylon in one second, what are u smoking bud

FOTMs are the generally the ones who say the skill will ruin the class. Ops who have been playing ops prior to 2.0 don't need to exploit to win huttball matches. The roll animation doesn't even work well. Most of the time you just see them tele and you don't know which side they went. Bioware sucks at game design. You don't even loose the ball when you spam roll/teleport. Edited by Jurakan

Priceless. yet another baby crying over an ability that's working perfectly fine. Don't even bump this thread, should never have been created in the first place.

Operative healers - Healing is pretty powerful at the moment, the roll is not the problem

Operative DPS - If you're struggling to kill Operative DPS then it's not the roll that's the problem, it's your complete lack of knowledge on how to kill classes.

Next time you see something you don't like, instead of coming straight to forums to cry over it, how about you learn what it actually does and then learn how to counter it.

Boring.

EDIT: As for the whole "can roll without a CD and not drop huttball"

Sorry, but you haven't played a Gaurdian or Juggernaut then.. they can cover like half the huttball map with NO COST, and are able to INCREASE HEIGHT by jumping up.

To cry over a perfectly fine roll, is just complete nonsense.

Edited by Jayshames

the range is tiny? lol....in hypergate me and a sin tank attacked a ball carrier just outside the mid before you go around the rock and toward the pylon, got him under 5% hp with no cc on us, the tiny range roll got him to the pylon in one second, what are u smoking bud

Yeah yeah, sure.

The range is 12m and 6m while slowed etc.

6m - my PyroTech could still attack the Operative trying to roll away. Please be serious.

no, it didn't. either he was not in combat, or it took longer than you're saying, and you guys forgot to slow him.

clearly operatives should be able to tele without cooldown and cross a map four times faster than everyone else. clearly working as design. pathetic pos baddies lol. I wonder if the guys saying it's working perfectly ever won a warzone before 2.0. Doesn't seem like so. Sad how it scares people to even have the thread bumped. Edited by Jurakan

You can pick skills from your trees to ease energy management and make the skill spamable and the determining factor in huttball and every other warzone. It's retarded, i'm not saying remove it, i'm saying it needs a cooldown like every other skill in this game. Three rollls in a row and they still half force bar so Idk why you are crying other than the fact that you suck if you need that skill to be spammable to be good.

/facepalm. :rak_01:

Sure then give scoundrels/operatives something useful in huttball. They have no knockbacks, no pull allies or enemies, and no leap to enemies or allies. They only provide stealth or heals. So operatives/scoundrels are forced to heal thats all they can do. Let's face it stealth is not much of an advantage when an assassin is 10x better at stealthing at the goal line to cap when the operative/scoundrel roll has a 15s cooldown.

Putting 15s CD on the roll makes it a craptacular ability, if we are snared we roll 6m LOL. It won't even be useful as an escape ability after that.

Last I checked, all those pulls, knockbacks, leaps and force speed you mention have cooldowns. Why shouldn't you?

Reduce it's energy cost to 10. Put a 15 second cooldown on it. Operatives can then use it as it was designed to be used: an escape. It was never designed as a map-crossing ability.

Edited by Akuryu

Please tell me what ability also lets u safely cross the fire pits in huttball? :D

I don't really care for the op/scoundrel roll but i do only agree with the fact it should not let u magically roll thru super heated plasma.

Over all the only thing u have to do is keep a snare on them and anticipate the roll so they do not roll as far as they wish. What i do belive is unfair is those clever little players who use the roll mechanic along with the cover system to gain double the normal distance.

Sniper roll.

Leap (if an enemy or ally is there)

Let's nerf leap guise

The roll is more of a gimmick then actually an awesome new ability. I don't get why ppl whine about it and if you only whine about it because of huttball then lets change huttball entirely instead of changing the roll since its such a broken map. Huttball favors force users why to much and should be renamed Forceball in its current state.

Last I checked, all those pulls, knockbacks, leaps and force speed you mention have cooldowns. Why shouldn't you?

Reduce it's energy cost to 10. Put a 15 second cooldown on it. Operatives can then use it as it was designed to be used: an escape. It was never designed as a map-crossing ability.

It was designed to reach enemies that are running away, not to escape. For escape we've got Vanish.

If you are an Operative and a target is running away from you: have fun. Sorcs, Assasins, etc. - you won't ever reach them again without stealth. :rolleyes:

Why so many rerolls then? Everyone wants to be part of the new gimmick? What warzone group will lose with two or three never ending roll spam healers or more?

Oh my goodness. Please take 1 minute and embrace yourself with Operative playstyle. I see Sniper and Marauder rerollers, no Operatives because of this... skill. *LOL*

Edited by LovarBoy

So here's my suggestion to kill the BS of this. Adapt the traps of huttball to instal kill leaps and rolls if they pass through the range of the fire. Its just, ugh while I have conniption fits when I see the damn roll, its a good ability for the ops something they need to be more viable. I was twicthing trying to type that. Can't add a cd to it, cause its a greater loss if the class gets hosed again for pve because of a pvp nerf.

The huttball map itself needs to have measures added to it. Cause uggh it is so bs to see an op just go bye and roll through the fire while anyone that tries to walk through a fire dies from 3 ticks.

It's in any warzone not just huttball. How stupid it is that when a door gets capped in voidstar an op can make it to the bridge in 3 seconds? This debate is stupid. If someone asked for a nerf on a class i played i would never get in there and bash them even if I don't agree. This is not part of the game design. The problem is we have monkeys implementing them. I have a screenshot of someone putting a bomb on a door before the bridges where even extended and it was an OP not a Jugg leaping. So the hacking and the trolling goes deeper than previously mentioned. Edited by Jurakan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.