The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Operative roll

Jurakan

Last I checked, all those pulls, knockbacks, leaps and force speed you mention have cooldowns. Why shouldn't you?

Reduce it's energy cost to 10. Put a 15 second cooldown on it. Operatives can then use it as it was designed to be used: an escape. It was never designed as a map-crossing ability.

So moving 6m when snared is an escape ability? An idiot who can't catch up to me by going 6yards is a horrible player. Let alone tell me how much extra distance you gain by leaping up from the pit into the goal line? How much distance do I have to run to go from the pit to get to that goal line? I can tell you that its a lot more than 6m.

It's obvious you lack understanding of this game when you try to compare a leaping to allies or enemies, knockbacks, and pulling enemies or allies in huttball. There is no way in any shape or form that a roll with 15s cooldown that goes 6m is even remotely comparable to those abilities.

On top of all this you fail to realize the context of the ability. The operative/scoundrel is a class that is subpar in every way in huttball, except healing. While classes like jedi knights who are the best ball carriers by the fact of their awesome defensive cooldowns, leaping to enemies or allies, plus they have a huge knockback, so they can push the enemy awyay to leap on them to further themselves to the goal line. Tell me how the operative roll even remotely compares to the utility of this class.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's in any warzone not just huttball. How stupid it is that when a door gets capped in voidstar an op can make it to the bridge in 3 seconds? This debate is stupid. If someone asked for a nerf on a class i played i would never get in there and bash them even if I don't agree. This is not part of the game design. The problem is we have monkeys implementing them. I have a screenshot of someone putting a bomb on a door before the bridges where even extended and it was an OP not a Jugg leaping. So the hacking and the trolling goes deeper than previously mentioned.

So the basis of your defense to nerf an ability is an exploit an operative used, WOW.

So the basis of your defense to nerf an ability is an exploit an operative used, WOW.

I said put a CD on the skill like every other skill. Only a ******* needs to spam this to win warzones. In nova coast I saw an Op healer roll away from east and land almost in the horizon of the danger zone to save himself from a dps only to roll back before he started taking dmg. The distance they can cross by spamming the skill is absurd and you know it dummy.

Edited by Jurakan

I have watched operative roll 3 times in a row. furthermore the sniper roll is even further. Its already ****** that you cant gap close imperial agents because theyre "in cover" but now operative healers can just LoS you 1 second with a roll?

Ive watched a sniper in huttball grab it. take it to THEIR goal, draw the whole enemy team, then roll 5 times in a row and run it all the way back. BTW those 5 rolls covered more then half the distance to enemy side. Tell me that **** isnt broken.

I have watched operative roll 3 times in a row. furthermore the sniper roll is even further. Its already ****** that you cant gap close imperial agents because theyre "in cover" but now operative healers can just LoS you 1 second with a roll?

Ive watched a sniper in huttball grab it. take it to THEIR goal, draw the whole enemy team, then roll 5 times in a row and run it all the way back. BTW those 5 rolls covered more then half the distance to enemy side. Tell me that **** isnt broken.

I hope you realize that sniper roll has 20 second cooldown...

I said put a CD on the skill like every other skill. Only a ******* needs to spam this to win warzones. In nova coast I saw an Op healer roll away from east and land almost in the horizon of the danger zone to save himself from a dps only to roll back before he started taking dmg. The distance they can cross by spamming the skill is absurd and you know it dummy.

Okay, put a CD on it.

But then please alter the range of Force Leap to 6-12m. Alter the range of Intervention to 6-12m. Reduce Force Speed duration to 2 seconds.

You see the problem? Roll has no CD because it's very high in cost an very low in range.

Just guys like you without any clue could mention to give this a CD while the effect stays the same.

It's not broken according to a couple of sacks of **** who never experienced winning until now and are afraid they will have to reroll yet again in their never ending quest to find crap to exploit.

What are you? A silly Sith-Warrior or a Sith-Inquisitor that were the kings until a class now has a comparable skill? Come on, you make yourself ridiculous.

Hahahaha yeah, sure. The Sniper roll has got 20 second CD. By the way. So you just slept 1,5min while the Sniper crossed the battlefield?

Edited by LovarBoy

It's obvious you lack understanding of this game when you try to compare a leaping to allies or enemies, knockbacks, and pulling enemies or allies in huttball. There is no way in any shape or form that a roll with 15s cooldown that goes 6m is even remotely comparable to those abilities.

It's obvious you lack basic reading ability. I didn't compare them first, one of the roll defenders did, and I quoted him. His point was that operative roll is okay because other classes have knockbacks, leaps and the like. I pointed out all those things have cooldowns. Those things are also subject to LoS and resolve.

The roll is more comparable to the sniper roll or force speed, and again, those things have cooldowns. Why shouldn't your "go somewhere fast" move have a cooldown?

Edited by Akuryu

The roll is more comparable to the sniper roll or force speed, and again, those things have cooldowns. Why shouldn't your "go somewhere fast" move have a cooldown?

Okay, put a CD on it.

But then please alter the range of Force Leap to 6-12m. Alter the range of Intervention to 6-12m. Reduce Force Speed duration to 2 seconds.

You see the problem? Roll has no CD because it's very high in cost an very low in range.

Just guys like you without any clue could mention to give this a CD while the effect stays the same.

No Cooldown because the effect of the skill is very limited. You see?

Please tell me what ability also lets u safely cross the fire pits in huttball? :D

Leap. Smash Monkeys ( you ) can just 'leap' over anything they like, if there's a target beyond it. Let's you knockback on 'em, so they're in the pit, and they just jump back up to you in the goal area.

Roll isn't as good as the OP stuff you others already have.

EDIT: As for the whole "can roll without a CD and not drop huttball"

Sorry, but you haven't played a Gaurdian or Juggernaut then.. they can cover like half the huttball map with NO COST, and are able to INCREASE HEIGHT by jumping up.

To cry over a perfectly fine roll, is just complete nonsense.

Dude, I've already pointed this out like six times. No one is paying attention.

It's obvious you lack basic reading ability. I didn't compare them first, one of the roll defenders did, and I quoted him. His point was that operative roll is okay because other classes have knockbacks, leaps and the like. I pointed out all those things have cooldowns. Those things are also subject to LoS and resolve.

LOL clearly only taking part my post that you think you can defend. Like I said you took an ability outside the context of the classes. That's like comparing a sorc heals compared to a merc, while ignoring the CC, armor etc. that the class brings. Keep thinking a 6m roll on a 15s CD is even remotely good ability. It's obvious you can't adapt because you can't seem to counter a class who is sub-par in every way in huttball.

I will show you how comparing only 1 part of an ability while ignoring the rest of the context is stupid.

operative/scoundrels have a backstab ability

assassins/shadow have a similar ability

Operatives have a CD on theirs

Assassins don't have a CD

Clearly that means an assassin should have a CD on that ability or looking at it the other way around operatives shouldn't have a CD. Either way you completely break the balance of the class by doing either of those 2 things. You either gimp the damage of an assassin's burst or you completely make an operative overpowered because backstab costs zero energy when specced, so you would literally have a class hitting for 5k+ per global cooldown by removing the cooldown.

The same happens when you compare the leap ability to the roll. The leap ability is 10000x more useful than the roll. By putting the same cooldown on the roll as leep you make the roll completely useless, especially when you look at the ability in general.

How about another example.

Operatives get the cover ability and so does snipers. Looking at those abilities you can see that the operative version is extremely inferior in every way, so clearly the operative should get the same benefits it provides snipers right? According to you context doesn't matter, so please start a thread giving operatives/scoundrels all the benefits of cover that it affords snipers and gunslingers. I will watch as you get laughed by the community for ignoring the context of the class.

Edited by Zorash

This ability, from conception, was borked completely. Its only OP in pvp, if they nerf it, it will be useless in PvE. Its simply a failure in design, utterly. The PvP and Content designers didn't get together on this.

tell me more about how phase walk and electronet are good in pve.

EDIT:

Actually contributing to the conversation, now, imagine if obliterate had no cd but still cost 4 rage. At a 10m range, that's simply not a gap closer at all. Roll is not necessarily acting like a gap closer, we have sneak speed boost for that and stealth.

It's supposed to be a nifty gimmick. If we can't spam it then its crap. Even right now it's not amazing and can easily be countered into even more crap simply by snaring.

Edited by Zunayson

The roll might be a little over the top and it can lead to a very easy first score but there is a VERY VERY easy counter to it... just leave one or two people at mid so that they can stun/snare the operative/scoundrel when they pick up the ball, then everyone can run back mid, gank them, and their entire gameplan falls apart.

As an assasin I would gladly put a CD on maul if it meant taking out the CD in force speed (based on your example). Instead of bothering actually having to pvp I would be winning matches by beating opponents to every objective (which is what's happening) in every warzone not to mention a wonderful grief utility skill for open world ganking. As a healer whenever you get targeted you can roll into the other side of the map and heal yourself. It's dumb no matter how you look at it. Edited by Jurakan

All these threads tell me is that a great majority of people can't tell the difference between a Sniper and an operative, and think both of them have 18 meter spammable rolls and are immune to all CC.

that's staw warz kidz for ya. They usually go to bed around 11.

OP whines about leapers having the huttball (and whines about nearly everything in general), but is now okay with it because it's been awhile.

OP will stop being a faggòt after awhile once he remembers he has force slow. Since his keyboard is probably filled with unused keybinds of maul and force speed, "awhile" may be awhile.

Edited by Zunayson

All these threads tell me is that a great majority of people can't tell the difference between a Sniper and an operative, and think both of them have 18 meter spammable rolls and are immune to all CC.

All these threads tell me as people aren't as good as they think they are. I consider myself to be a pretty mediocre player, and I have no trouble dealing with scampers. Every class has a bazillion and one ways to take it out of the equation. People are just mad they can no longer roll Ops with a skill-waltz.

And Sins are mad because they're not the fastest on field. (See post above yours.)

All these threads tell me as people aren't as good as they think they are. I consider myself to be a pretty mediocre player, and I have no trouble dealing with scampers. Every class has a bazillion and one ways to take it out of the equation. People are just mad they can no longer roll Ops with a skill-waltz.

And Sins are mad because they're not the fastest on field. (See post above yours.)

Yeah I find it funny op is a sin and whining about operatives.

As an assasin I would gladly put a CD on maul if it meant taking out the CD in force speed (based on your example). Instead of bothering actually having to pvp I would be winning matches by beating opponents to every objective (which is what's happening) in every warzone not to mention a wonderful grief utility skill for open world ganking. As a healer whenever you get targeted you can roll into the other side of the map and heal yourself. It's dumb no matter how you look at it.

No you can't my carnage marauder says so