The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Inspired gear

Maelekie

I've seen quite a few of complaints both in game and on the forums with the trend of new gear coming out and personally most of it seems to belong in some fantasy magic elf sing-a-long MMO. I do think the stuff is unique..if just a bit out of place, what I am wondering is what it would take to base more armor from iconic characters,comics, movies and games?

I get there may be licencing issues somewhere along the way so instead of releasing DARTH VADER ARMOR, or JANGO FETT, why not take what you have with them and create something inspired by them. In way's I've seen tons that actually appear similar to Vader's armor on the Imperial side, if it's a chestplate with a black cloak with some kind of lights and/or buttons on the chest, the rebreather's themselves seem to look similar to his as well.

So why not instead of THIS

We look at making both unique and inspiring gear based on THIS

or THIS, THIS , THIS , THIS and THIS

((Note, I just did a few relatively random "Star Wars" searches for pictures, none of this stuff is like ooooo my favorite, I so want it! Or anything of that nature. Just tossing them in for a variation of examples.))

I know some of this stuff carries a measure of inspiration but it just feels like the gear is going in a different direction. I'm also NOT saying to do these precises outfits again I'm sure there is a level of licencing hell involved with it. Just saying that maybe we could see more gear that fits the "Star Wars" universe if you look at some stuff with foundation already.

Edited by Maelekie

i'd rather see similar sets as operation gear or in the crafting update, instead of the cash shop :(

I agree, I would love to see more stuff added to a loot table or a crafting system but honestly, if you really want it and if you look at the gear on the Cartel Market, this is where you want to push. As I'd rather see it in a cash shop than nothing at all.

Like look at how many threads or if not threads posts for people asking for a "plain black robe" well the closest we've seen now is coupled with another request for people want the Sith outfit from the Deceived trailer. Which went straight to the CM..

If anything I'd like to see some inspired stuff make it to the game in any shape.

Certainly it'd be sort of nice if the level 55 new 'classic gear' for a Shadow didn't appear to resemble an off-the-shoulder potato sack. Just the thing to wear to look glamorous while mucking out the pigs!

I know my Shadow's technically blind and "sees" using the Force, but even so, her fashion sense isn't *that* bad...;);)

I'm hoping this thread get's even a small amount of attention, doubt it would help but I think the artists are trying to hard to make something unique and different that they are going simply further and further away from Star Wars. I'm sure each class has wants and desires that they would like to see brought in. My trooper would love to see less backpacks on nearly every chestplate, more than two varieties of helmets (ok there is more but some remind me of Battlestar Galactica's Cylons...so..no thanks)