Any other tanks getting destroyed in 2.0 pvp?

Powerrmongerr

Particularly against white damage dealers (Marauders, Snipers), pre 2.0 I either beat them or tied them up forever in grinding combat.

Now? Getting owned. Mitigation stats have been nerfed to hell, and although things on the pve side seem balanced, for pvp it just looks like our mitigation in all phases is down versus dps that do more damage. Without a healer I seem like a free kill.

I don't think I'm overreacting, as after pvp'ing and dueling extensively I am consistently getting destroyed by less geared individuals. I didn't suddenly forget how to play. Primarily this is pve v. pve gear. Maybe with pvp gear things change, I'm not sure.

Am I missing some dynamic here? I don't think we have the stat budget to get to mitigation levels like 33/47/44 and flat armor/mitigation of 54ish% (what I was running with pre 2.0).

didnt read all that cuz i just woke up... im not, in 30-54 as a juggernaut, immortal of course. force scream absorbs a good amount, if im getting pounded i turn on invincible, endure pain, saber ward, enraged defense, and what not. all though i should rethink doing all of that at once...

What tank class are you? If your a van in the 55 bracket your class is underpowered period

I blame this from PTS notes "the returns from critical chance have been increased.

The returns from shield rating and absorb rating have been reduced, to compensate damage delt by campion boss has been reduced."

Translation: PvP tanks aren't underpowered enough, NERF them and buff dps

What tank class are you? If your a van in the 55 bracket your class is underpowered period

I blame this from PTS notes "the returns from critical chance have been increased.

The returns from shield rating and absorb rating have been reduced, to compensate damage delt by campion boss has been reduced."

Translation: PvP tanks aren't underpowered enough, NERF them and buff dps

I have both a powertech and a juggernaut tank. This problem is apparent on both of them, though for the powertech it is significantly worse.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.