[VIDEO] Ability Failure to Fire Bug

SOULCASTER

I've gone through two ISP's and two PC's, both experiencing the same bug. It's not ISP or hardware related. It's been acknowledged once with a patch that obviously didn't work. Now it's just being swept under the rug.

How come the guy on the video got it really smooth? Watch it - absolutely ZERO ghost cooldowns. No, I still had the problem back on Lord Calypho and it was one of the least populated EU servers. During parsing really late (4 am?) at night last week I also experienced ghost cds.

Instead of stupidly bumping threads let's actually think of the cause for this thing. By process of elimination, let's ask everyone with this bug to provide their specs so we can find things they have in common. Same for people who do not experience this thing.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was testing this on my jedi knight in his ship. I also got the dummy in it.

While it seemed to run alot better there than in the overworld, i still ended up getting a ghost cooldown/ability failure. I seemed to trigger it with the basic assault attack. I am now pondering if this is related to how long animations are. the basic attack seems to have a longer animation since its 3 slashes. Maybe if Bioware sped up the animations the issue wouldnt be so pressing.

Im running an i3 at 3.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD6900.

Edited by Nemmar

I have a few repairs to make.

First this issue DOES happen when just clicking skills. Its not a bound key only issue.

Second i upgraded my RAM to 8GB today. I am still in the process of testing. I didnt get any ghost CD's yet but i did noticed a delayed animation once. I will post again when i have done more extensive testing. It did improve the FPS wich is now alot more stable.

The worst part of my machine is now the HDD, wich i might upgrade sometime, not sure when yet will have to check my finances. :p

Edit: Yeah the issue is still there. I am now wondering if the guy on the video with the sentinel is actually just clicking the skills once when they come out of GCD. I dont think this is a PC specs issue, unless its the processor.

We could know if anyone with an i7 would bother to post in this thread.

Edited by Nemmar

I wish they could at least tell us how we can be of use, feedback wise. We would like to do whatever is necesary to help get this adressed.

At the moment it just feels like were beeing totally ignored, and that is a not a positive thing.

Edited by Nemmar

I wish they could at least tell us how we can be of use, feedback wise. We would like to do whatever is necesary to help get this adressed.

At the moment it just feels like were beeing totally ignored, and that is a not a positive thing.

Yes. It's been going on for far too long and it's affecting large amount of players. Please Bioware, answer.

Upgraded my ram by 2gb. It's still happening but after extensive parsing it appears to be far less frequent. Ye. Might be luck but that's my theory. The more ram you have, the more unlikely they are to occur. I am running on 6 gb now. 4 gb is not enough to play TOR btw.

Also try and help yourself avoid it by trying to queue abilities. I know it can be annoying with a sudden proc but what else can we do?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Upgraded my ram by 2gb. It's still happening but after extensive parsing it appears to be far less frequent. Ye. Might be luck but that's my theory. The more ram you have, the more unlikely they are to occur. I am running on 6 gb now. 4 gb is not enough to play TOR btw.

Also try and help yourself avoid it by trying to queue abilities. I know it can be annoying with a sudden proc but what else can we do?

I have 16GB, and pay through the nose for top notch internet. I get it regularly. It got to be the game coding. Its the only commonality between all of us.

This bug is so frustrating! For the love of god, stop spending all your time on cartel/vanity crap and fix this broken game!!!! U'd think they learned their lesson by now with all the unsubs due to the multitude of bugs, right down to the core of the game. If you want to learn your lesson the hard way, be my guest.

Cmon bioware... this is really frustrating. You cant just shrug this under the rug. The issue is gonna return time and again. All we ask is a bit of honesty. Reach out to us, because we are trying to reach out to you and you're just pretending nothing is wrong. Cmon... do you want this game to have a sustainable growth or not? Edited by Nemmar

Cmon bioware... this is really frustrating. You cant just shrug this under the rug. The issue is gonna return time and again. All we ask is a bit of honesty. Reach out to us, because we are trying to reach out to you and you're just pretending nothing is wrong. Cmon... do you want this game to have a sustainable growth or not?

This thread was started in April. You all are still posting in August without even a response from a Dev. Wise up peeps, step away for a sec, and get a clear picture.

They don't care. I wish you all the best, 10 days left and I'll make sure I never support another EA product.

Just copying this from the guardian forums.

However, the highlight of the night was being to talk to Eric Musco and one of the combat team devs. When I brought up the leap bug and ability delay/ ghost Masterstrikes, Eric said that the issues are very complex and because they don't have any way to consistently reproduce the issues, they are very hard to track down to the source. With that said, both Eric and the combat dev seemed very interested when I talked to them about different Guardian changes that I have proposed. To be clear though, that's NOT a promise that things will change, but it's a good start.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6645948&postcount=25

Just copying this from the guardian forums.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6645948&postcount=25

Then why dont they ask for our help?!!!

I have the bug consistently as do other people. Tell us how we can help! Dont just pretend theres nothing going on... theres also videos up about it. We can also make more if necessary. Whatever is needed to reproduce the bug for you Bioware. Its obviously server related and in your servers right next door you wont be able to find it cause they are that fast, of course. You need help!

God i can even tell that this bug is due to spahgetti code that works in short distances but not over long ones. You just need to find where it is and we are here ready to help you anyways we can. Why not work with us?! Mods its your job to do something about this! Create a thread where you ask feedback on this and tell us how to give that feedback.

Maybe someone report my post so they actually read it. -.-

Edited by Nemmar

I've been putting up with this bug and didn't even realize it. I thought they increased the GCD during a patch about 4 months ago but it's a bug?!?

As a sage healer this is really annoying and at least I'm aware this bug is is affecting me.

Has this always been a problem for people?

I've been putting up with this bug and didn't even realize it. I thought they increased the GCD during a patch about 4 months ago but it's a bug?!?

As a sage healer this is really annoying and at least I'm aware this bug is is affecting me.

Has this always been a problem for people?

Its not longer cooldown. Its when you use a skill, the cooldown triggers but the ability you just tried to use does not. effectively making you waste 1.5 seconds (one full GCD). This is only noticeable if you're a player that tries to maximise their performance and spam the next skill as the previous is coming off the GCD. I believe you dont even need to spam it, but use the skills the instant they come off cooldown. They will start having a small delay when activating, sometimes they do go off despite the animation stutter and delay but other times they just reset/fail but trigger a full GCD anyways.

Actually this is easy to replicate. I can do it on my Jedi's ship but spamming the regular/basic attack. It will eventually trigger this issue.

Edited by Nemmar