55 warzones - more competitive than ever?

announcerharris

It seems to me that, despite the bugs, the bolster system is generally making warzones more competitive - for me,at least, this means more fun, win or lose. My last 10 matches, all PUGs...

Huttball: 5-4 L

Hypergates: 668-661 W

Voidstar: Both teams got to second door L

Huttball: 6-3 W

ACW - 40-0 W

ACW - 90-0 W

ACW - 80-0W

Novare - 32-0 L

Huttball - 4-4 W (team was holding the ball at the end)

Novare - 20-0 W

Before 2.0 it felt like nearly every game was a cakewalk win or a hopeless loss (both are pretty boring), but since the patch, the wins feel hard fought and the losses feel like we had a fighting chance. If you look at those scores, my 7-3 run could have easily been 5-5 if a couple breaks had gone the other way, and every single match was competitive.

Anybody else with similar experiences? Or have yours been very different, and I've just gotten a lucky run of good matches?

once the remaining bolster bugs get squashed, you are going to see some pretty balanced matches, probably moreso than ever before.

that being said, the same result could likely have been achieved without nearly as much hassle had they just made a better set of recruit gear.

Well currently, I see very big hitpoint gaps in WZ (lvl 55 HP spread between 24k and 36k HP).

So no, no better balance than before at the moment. Also premades still are >> PUGs, regardless of gear gap, but that was to be expected anyway.

Level 55 warzones seem more competitive at the moment because lots of people are still leveling to 55, getting alts to 55, checking out makeb, digging in the dirt with seeker droids, crafting, earning comms and overall doing things that aren't PVP. Only the better, more dedicated PVPers are really queuing for 55, and many of them are still in the process of gearing up, working their way through partisan, etc.

Come back in a month when all the PVE players are bored and stinking up warzones, and all the die-hards are fully min-maxed BiS.

Level 55 warzones seem more competitive at the moment because lots of people are still leveling to 55, getting alts to 55, checking out makeb, digging in the dirt with seeker droids, crafting, earning comms and overall doing things that aren't PVP. Only the better, more dedicated PVPers are really queuing for 55, and many of them are still in the process of gearing up, working their way through partisan, etc.

Come back in a month when all the PVE players are bored and stinking up warzones, and all the die-hards are fully min-maxed BiS.

So much of this^

This x10000, almost every game I'm in I recognize at least half the names. I literally expect PvP match quality to get worse every single day by a small amount until its back to full derpfest. :(

Hmmm, most of the people that are 55 already either did Makeb (pve, which goes against what you are trying to say), saved a bunch of quests to turn in right when the patch hit (cheated the leveling process), or queue 24/7 (time does not make them better, just more dedicated).

I know many people who do nothing but pvp, that still haven't hit 55. Being level 55 at the moment isn't some special club of elite players, as much as you want it to be. Skill is based on the individual, not the fact that they are constantly in queue. I see plenty of awful people that have loads of time to constantly pvp and I see others that are really good, but play in short spurts.

Edited by Dissentus

Even when both teams are pugs, I recognize almost every player in the warzone as a good PVP'er ATM. It's honestly been some of the most fun I've had in PVP. Facerolls are few and far between, and most warzones are close and could have gone either way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.