2.0 Crit, Surge, Aug Question

Caoboi

Ok im a vengeance (3/37/6) jugg and was wondering what my ideal crit/surge at lvl55 should be after 2.0?

Also for you vengeance juggs what augs will you be slotting, str or power?

EDIT: Forgot to mention im a PvP whore :D

Edited by Caoboi

Ok im a vengeance (3/37/6) jugg and was wondering what my ideal crit/surge at lvl55 should be after 2.0?

Also for you vengeance juggs what augs will you be slotting, str or power?

Still going to run Strength Augments.

On the PTS (full 69 gear, no 72), I was sitting at about 20% crit and 67-68% surge (melee; force crit was 6+% higher). I found running with minimal crit on gear was more effective (on a dummy). Surge is going to end up where ever it does after you cap accuracy, since I'm of the firm belief that Alacrity is still absolutely worthless for us.

My plans for stat allocation have not changed after a few Operation runs on live; I still think power stacking is going to be the way to go.

Though I am compelled to ask, where did you take a point out of Immortal - Ravager or Enraged Sunder - and what in Vengeance did you feel was more useful?

Though I am compelled to ask, where did you take a point out of Immortal - Ravager or Enraged Sunder - and what in Vengeance did you feel was more useful?

3/37/6 I found that i dont have rage problems so just one point into Enraged Sunder was enough for me. I put the extra point into Pooled Hatred, its not what it used to be but still helps a little.

Interesting approach. Which fights do you find yourself getting use out of the Pooled Hatred buff?

Edit: I assumed PvE here since you didn't specify (or if you did I'm blind and missed it). It certainly makes perfect sense for PvP, and if that's what you''re talking about, then you can throw my comments out the window because I have no idea what the ideals will be in that arena.

Edited by ssfish

Sorry i forgot to mention that i pvp alot so with all the Kolto Bombs, Oil Slicks/Riot Gas, Force Storm/Forcequake, Incendiary Grenade/Plasma Probe and all the numerous auto snare abilities Pooled Hatred helps (not like it use to but still help).

Sorry i forgot to mention that i pvp alot so with all the Kolto Bombs, Oil Slicks/Riot Gas, Force Storm/Forcequake, Incendiary Grenade/Plasma Probe and all the numerous auto snare abilities Pooled Hatred helps (not like it use to but still help).

I can certainly see the use in PvP. I haven't done any serious type PvP on the Jugg since Smash Juggs were a unique thing to see.

I can certainly see the use in PvP. I haven't done any serious type PvP on the Jugg since Smash Juggs were a unique thing to see.

If by interesting you mean "getting smashed to smithereens by them" you are so right! If keeping crit on the minimum is the key here (I'm a pve vengeance gal with 4/36/6) where should the rest of my stats be allocated? Just in power and surge, or mostly surge?

If by interesting you mean "getting smashed to smithereens by them" you are so right! If keeping crit on the minimum is the key here (I'm a pve vengeance gal with 4/36/6) where should the rest of my stats be allocated? Just in power and surge, or mostly surge?

The way that stat allocations work, power and surge do not conflict with each other. You have basically 2 "tiers" of secondary stats. The first "tier" is power/crit while the second "tier" is accuracy/surge/alacrity. On the test server, II found my best results in stacking power mods and power/accuracy enhancements until I had 100% (or actually 99.97%) melee accuracy then going power/surge from there. I could see an argument for going up to ~20% crit, but beyond that and you are almost certainly wasting points.

On live, I'm still using most of my DG set, which had my melee crit at ~35%. Now at 55, I think I'm at 22 or 23% and my accuracy is still a little low for my liking at 98%. I am, admittedly, not huge on the down and dirty numbers, so if someone that is wants to contradict me and say that we are benefited by stacking XX amount of crit, then I can't really disagree. It' was mostly a trial and error thing for me on the PTS.

I would also consider (for Operations at least) changing Seething Hatred out for Deafening Defense. I love the convenience of Seething Hatred for FPs and Daily missions and the like, but it really doesn't have a practical benefit for Operation bosses, and most trash pulls will see those abilities off of cooldown by the time they are done anyways (or at least in time for the next pull).

Edited by ssfish