The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No mk-9/ advanced augment crits???

Falenhero

is it only me or does any of u have problems to crit crafting augmentation kits mk-9?... i made like 10 or even more and still no critical craft... despite of me using Tanno Vik companion ( armormech crit +5) and having all 3 lvls of craftin crit in my legacy. back b4 patch i crited with mk-6 every 3rd-4th time

same to Advanced augments... made 3x advanced shield augments 28 and again no crit craft...

Edited by Falenhero

is it only me or does any of u have problems to crit crafting augmentation kits mk-9?... i made like 10 or even more and still no critical craft... despite of me using Tanno Vik companion ( armormech crit +5) and having all 3 lvls of craftin crit in my legacy. back b4 patch i crited with mk-6 every 3rd-4th time

same to Advanced augments... made 3x advanced shield augments 28 and again no crit craft...

Lol - you even made 3 augments with no crit ? Yes, there have to be a problem ! :)

Seriously, you only got bad luck. Your numbers are way to low to say anything.

And - the crit crafting works very well as far as I have seen. I myself got crits with kits and augments after patch. Overall about 1 in 3 - but my numbers are still way to low to make any statement about the right or wrong calculation.

Well when I make mk-9's with synthweaving, I only crit once out of 4 or out of 7 mk's when I crafted them so far. I'm just going to say it's RNG, but maybe the crit rating is way lower than it should be? Would need more people to answer to determine this. Should also be noted I use Jaesa and ship droid with +5 synthweaving crit chance, both at 10k affection plus 3% crit chance for crafting from legacy perks. Edited by MasterofChaos

RNG is RNG, you need a large data set. Also the chance NOT to get a crit is way bigger than the getting it. For those interested here's how to determine your crit chance:

Orange recipes: +10%

Yellow/green/gray: +15%

Companion affection: +1% for each 2k affection (at maximum affection this is 5%)

Companion traits: +x means +x% crit chance

Legacy perks: Up to 3% more.

So the maximum you can get for a maxed affection companion with the biggest companion crit trait bonus there is (+5) for a not orange recipe and full legacy perks is:

15+5+5+3 = 28% chance to get a crit result

As you can see even with the maximum possible crit chance you have a 72% chance of NOT getting anything.

nope, I had many crits on both mk-9s and augments.

max affection +5 crit on crafting skill on a companion who does the dirty work and legacy perk for augment slots (some time ago dev said it's supposed to increase crit chance, and that description is wrong)

you just got unlucky.

only got to 450 armor this morning, first thing i made at 450 was 3x mk-9 kits and got 2 crits! (using Biz who has + efficiency but no crit)

edit.. I have all 3 legacy perks but very low affection with Biz (under 500)

Edited by Ashenti

The legacy crit does NOT affect augments or augment kits. It only affects items that when crit, would give an augment slot (so gear and weapons). This has been confirmed by devs many times over.

Uhm no, it also affects items that give 2x items on a crit. Link post to devs if you're so sure ;) In essense it works on any item you make, but not on missions.

Edited by Asavrede

Uhm no, it also affects items that give 2x items on a crit. Link post to devs if you're so sure ;) In essense it works on any item you make, but not on missions.

Learn to read the entire thread, ********. I already stated I was wrong.