2.0 Individual Class Records

Bronaimeth

like what Füsrodah said... took forever to get in a stalemate match and put up numbers especially if your on the imp side. if anything i dont see any numbers up there that cant be beaten so y take them down?

you should take a look at other server forums where everyone is at almost 3mil +

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with you guys being upset at me, I just wanted things to be as legitimate as possible, and right now if someone catches someone using the hp bug, then the legitimacy of any of their records immediately goes to being questioned.

I know a lot of these are legit, that being said, I know you guys are capable of doing them again or even breaking them as we start seeing more min/maxed Conq. players.

The big thing I'm working on is weeding out the eploited games and such.

My biggest question atm is do we allow the PVE geared players records stand?

Do we let pve geared people stand. Wow. The best commando DPS will have double stacked set bonus from PVE gear.

Edited by shadowopsx

If you don't want to count PVE gear you may as well delete the commando dps section because 2pc from PVE is about the only way we stay competitive since our crit rating is terrible for the most part.

I say reset them. I may get flak for this, but the people who can legitimately put up the numbers for a record will be able to do it again and not lose any sleep over it. I'll lose out on my high hit record but i'm OK with this cuz i've pulled 9k+ ambushes pretty frequently in WZ's, just gotta make sure they aren't overkill shots.

I say reset them. I may get flak for this, but the people who can legitimately put up the numbers for a record will be able to do it again and not lose any sleep over it. I'll lose out on my high hit record but i'm OK with this cuz i've pulled 9k+ ambushes pretty frequently in WZ's, just gotta make sure they aren't overkill shots.

I agree... I also think some records are off because of how new things were. My record for 2nd biggest Commando hit (11,400ish) is only because people were still in PVE gear and hadn't geared up. I was mostly dread when I got it. Closest I've seen to it since has been 10,700 or so. Resetting the numbers is cool with me. Means that people will be more equally geared. Those who got records before can get them again.

And you won't be able to tell if people took screenshots before the patch or not. You still have the problem of checking their health to make sure they weren't glitching at the time of the screenshot, so why wouldn't you accept screenshots that currently fulfill those requirements? Hell, make them take a screenshot on the fleet verifying their health if you want.

i love how everyone who doesnt have a high parse is saying reset...... like i said before these long stalemate matches are like a blue moon.. almost impossible if there so easy to get y arnt u up on the list ?

Well, since I might be the one that really started this whole questioning of the records thing, figured I would add my unimportant opinion to the matter.

I personally don't think the records should be erased, In time, anyone that may have posted on here with a falsified record will be found out in due time. In a month or two down the road and there happens to be a couple very high numbers still left that seem unobtainable, those may be worth questioning.

I'm also going to take a guess that Xanxãs will be more then happy to honor a request to have a record removed without calling out that player if they do decide to come clean for any reason or no reason given at all.

From my point of view, anyone that may have performed one of these records with using any form of accepted unfair advantage and is willing to admit to it, gets a clean slate to start over.

I'm not going to downplay any of the random names that show up on these lists, but by in large, the names that will appear are ones that consistently have higher then the average numbers and we all know or enough will recognize those particular players. If someone were to question a particular record, then perhaps that one can be looked at with more scrutiny to figure out how it was obtained.

At worst, maybe 1 or 2 of all the numbers were obtained by some sort of glitch or exploit but even then, I don't think that they are too far out of reason that they are still obtainable numbers.

So in all, my preference would be to keep the numbers as they stand right now. Take a break from accepting numbers and give people time to get the whole using the exploit out of their system and start up again some time after the patch. There is really no other way to do this kind of topic without good faith in a honest competitive PvP environment. Unless you want everyone to make a seamless video using a camcorder and show the warzone result screen, a screen with the players gear, and time stamp it with the official US time webpage (then of course, gota put some good music with it to please Ryniz).. faith in the players is what it will take.

Oh ya, I am aware I do walls-o-text, terrible habit from past hobby/jobs.

I say the compromise you can do is check the hp of each screenshot currently in the records since this is one of the main effects of the augment glitch, and take down any ss that does not have it. I don't think this is asking too much and still within the realm of reason. Because let's face it, most of the records that are posted here, especially the overall damage/heals/protection as well as dps/hps are more or less the result of the circumstances of luck. Those games required the stars to align for that particular record to be achieved such as a stalemate in the games. It requires the right amount of heals/deeps/ and tanks to achieve these records not just on your own team but the other side as well. People with egos are probably thinking that because they did an x amount of dmg in a wz that they're leet stuff but the truth is it takes some luck to achieve this. With that being said, these records are basically just an example of how high you can get within these circumstances but still does not mean you're the best player ever. I think it would be wrong if you just take away some of these records and spoil away the whole thing because some guys decided to exploit the system. I can understand taking it out and restarting for the biggest hit records because that is easily replicable because you just try to get the biggest hit on an opposing player but the other records is not easily replicable, not because of lack of skill but you have to rely on a certain amount of luck to achieve it too.

The best way I can try to explain this is this: Because Barry Bonds decided to take steroids does not illegitimized the previous players records who did it legitimately. I dunno whatever, you get my drift.

Edited by tigershrimps

i love how everyone who doesnt have a high parse is saying reset...... like i said before these long stalemate matches are like a blue moon.. almost impossible if there so easy to get y arnt u up on the list ?

I have several screenshots up on the lists and I have no issue with them being reset. I have faith in my ability to get up there again if it comes down to it. That is, if I'm not node guarding :rolleyes:

Holy wall o' text.

I think you're mostly right. I know that I wouldn't have gotten my records without the stars aligning, and I've been out-healed in games before because I sit on one particular side of Voidstar or whatever. So yeah, these numbers aren't set-in-stone evidence of player skill.

With that said, it's still pretty cool to say, "I did x HPS in this warzone," and it's a chance for some of us not in the biggest PVP guilds to highlight our own achievements. Gotta admit that it's kind of disheartening that some of you are proposing to start over from scratch even though most of these records (and all of mine) are 100% legitimate.

Either way I am cool with w/e is decided. I'm comfortable knowing that can I achieve.

That being said, my records does come from a civil war "perfect storm" and did say that at the time. It really does go to show what can be achieved if your not focused and both teams have outstanding healing. And mid is unable to be capped. We barely won that by keeping snow and holding grass long enough for points.

Fusrodah trooper, I do sympathise with you since we were both In the same wz.

Personally, I don't care at all about the records being reset. High numbers will happen again, like they do everyday for many players regardless of opinions and critics.

/conji

Seems everyone keeps going back to the health pool of players, 30k being some sort of bench mark. Take the time, read through some threads. You can do the augment glitch all day long and never touch 30k hp. Move it down to 25k, not hard either. Anyone willing to play with the glitch, can manipulate the health pool to stay within a certain level range. The augment glitch as a whole isnt much of a gain to begin with. Not compared to the other "hush hush" stuff out there. Of which Bioware has only said "is unintended", but never called a bug.

Highest stat gains come from using armorings right at or below ranked pvp armor lvls, then using Underworld mods and enhancements. Bolster doesnt have the common sense to factor in all 3 mods, just the armoring in this case. Thus giving max expertise on gear with far superior stats than any given on pvp gear. This is just one of many "bolster min/maxing" going on currently.

There is no 100% certain way to catch all the ways bolster can be manipulated, and checking health pools doesnt even come close. This is the flawed system we play in. Keep the records, its a game, not curing cancer. Just toss the idea that by looking at a players health, you are somehow nailing ppl using a glitch. Might as well try to nail a shadow to the wall.

Keep the records, drop the finger pointing, and hope at some point pvp gear is once again BIS.

Let me try and clear somethings up.

1) Set bonuses aren't exactly what I meant. I saw Wozzinjay just lastnight in mostly high level pve gear, he had about 1400 expertise and more than 100 more bonus damage than me in full pvp gear. This is what I mean when I say let the pve geared people stay.

2) I will keep these records, and let the future records either shed light on the exploited records, or give us enough evidence to show there wasn't exploiting in some/any of the current records. So it will just be suspended for a short time, I keep hearing BW has mentioned a fix(Lol right?)

3) I need people when I reopen this thread, or copy paste into a new one to do as I ask and get their health in the screen shots, unless BW does in fact fix this. At which point, we might need to have something else to determine pre/post fix screenshots. I know HP isn't the sole way we can see what's not right, but it's about all we can do really.

Lastly, I know this might be upsetting to some people, and I certainly don't want to discredit anyone who has given their exceptional screenshots thus far, I hope this has eased some peoples concerns, if only slightly.

Edited by Bronaimeth

Let me try and clear somethings up.

1) Set bonuses aren't exactly what I meant. I saw Wozzinjay just lastnight in mostly high level pve gear, he had about 1400 expertise and more than 100 more bonus damage than me in full pvp gear. This is what I mean when I say let the pve geared people stay.

2) I will keep these records, and let the future records either shed light on the exploited records, or give us enough evidence to show there wasn't exploiting in some/any of the current records. So it will just be suspended for a short time, I keep hearing BW has mentioned a fix(Lol right?)

3) I need people when I reopen this thread, or copy paste into a new one to do as I ask and get their health in the screen shots, unless BW does in fact fix this. At which point, we might need to have something else to determine pre/post fix screenshots. I know HP isn't the sole way we can see what's not right, but it's about all we can do really.

Lastly, I know this might be upsetting to some people, and I certainly don't want to discredit anyone who has given their exceptional screenshots thus far, I hope this has eased some peoples concerns, if only slightly.

What about just records for RWZs and non Guild vs Guild, right now with all the new changes u can put high numbers in all reg WZs and u r gonna waste ur time updating that

Edited by InmortaI

What about just records for RWZs and non Guild vs Guild, right now with all the new changes u can put high numbers in all reg WZs and u r gonna waste ur time updating that

Not sure I understand you quite right, but if you limit it to ranked warzones, won't you just make the thread an echo chamber for 3-4 PVP guilds?

BIGGEST HIT

Biggest Hit(Powertech/Vanguard)

ROFL, pretty telling when no VG/PT wants to admit that their biggest hit is nearly half of what some of the other classes can currently do. Anyway, guess I'll throw my hat in the ring and start keeping track of my #s. To start:

Vanguard, Overall Damage: 790,698

http://i.imgur.com/SlNUmhF.jpg

Edited by KamikazeKommando

Not sure I understand you quite right, but if you limit it to ranked warzones, won't you just make the thread an echo chamber for 3-4 PVP guilds?

I know, that's why it can be a good filter so if one guy wanna be in a record thread that guy should be in an organized team facing another organized team.

I don't see the point of making a record thread of premades groups vs solo queues or double premades vs solo queues, it's going to be only people making longer games for do big numbers.

Right now many people cares just about numbers, something that people cant do in rwz so if the record thread is just for rwz it's going to be a good incentive for do it.

Edited by InmortaI