Which relics to use?

cbantug

I'm just curious which pair of relics I should be using?

Is the matrix cube relic still worth using? Or should I be using two arkanian proc based ones? I have enough for 1 right now and I'm curious which one to use.

Thanks for any advice or input.

Power proc relics, BUT, you need to use different tiers, as same tier does not stack (tested and confirmed tonight with PvP relics, i am 99% sure it is the same with PvE ones). So that means one Underworld and one Arkanian, both power proc. Same applies for PvP, One Partisan, one Conq.

What in 2.0 changed that? Wasn't it previously the Cerulean Nova relic with the energy proc that was best?

I really hate trashing a pure strength relic with the Matrix cube.. does the +power on use come out as a gain?

What in 2.0 changed that? Wasn't it previously the Cerulean Nova relic with the energy proc that was best?

I really hate trashing a pure strength relic with the Matrix cube.. does the +power on use come out as a gain?

They added Power proc relics, is what changed it. They have higher uptime than on-use relics, and the cycles of up/down are much shorter. Certainly they are a little unpredictable, but for the most part they're insanely good.

Matrix Cube hasn't been BIS or even close to it in ages. It was inferior to PVP static Power relics, it was inferior to PVE on-use Power relics, it was inferior to PVE damage proc relics.

Due to Marauder's lack of a main stat boosting talent, Strength isn't massively superior point-for-point in comparison to power when considering optimizing DPS. After 2.0, that's even more the case (as the contribution to critical chance from main stat was been reduced).

Thank you very much for that.

I wasn't even aware there was a power proc relic. I was assuming we were referring to on-use power relics.

So that being said I'll scrap the matrix cube, and until I am able to get an Underworld power proc relic should I use an arkanian power proc + cerulean nova? Or power proc + on use power?

I'm looking at the Arkanian relics right now and there doesn't seem to be a power proc one. There's one for Underworld but that one is currently out of my grasp... Any suggestions on which I should be carrying? I'm currently using the DG cerulean nova and matrix cube.

Thank you very much for that.

I wasn't even aware there was a power proc relic. I was assuming we were referring to on-use power relics.

So that being said I'll scrap the matrix cube, and until I am able to get an Underworld power proc relic should I use an arkanian power proc + cerulean nova? Or power proc + on use power?

PVE proc reilcs will not work in warzones. According to the tooltip anyways.

Testing done on SimC (for mercs anyway) has shown that Boundless Ages relics are still better than the power proc relics.

The Arkanian power proc relic was averaging out to 127.75 Power over the course of the fight, which is behind even the DG Boundless Ages relic which is 134.5 power over the length of the fight if used on CD.

The big question is whether or not the UW power proc beats an UW damage proc relic because of the reduced crit chance everyone has now. I imagine it will and am aiming to use an UW Boundless Ages and UW Power Proc relic.

Testing done on SimC (for mercs anyway) has shown that Boundless Ages relics are still better than the power proc relics.

The Arkanian power proc relic was averaging out to 127.75 Power over the course of the fight, which is behind even the DG Boundless Ages relic which is 134.5 power over the length of the fight if used on CD.

The big question is whether or not the UW power proc beats an UW damage proc relic because of the reduced crit chance everyone has now. I imagine it will and am aiming to use an UW Boundless Ages and UW Power Proc relic.

My problem with applying the SimC results for Mercs to other non-caster type classes is that Mercs have significantly lower APM than a Marauder (~35 APM for Mercs/Mandos vs. ~45 APM for Annihilation and Carnage Marauders). I would think this would give the Marauders an advantage at making sure the proc relics pops on c/d (due to more hits on the target allowing for a higher proc chance) along with being able to fit more hits into the 6 second window for the power boost than a Merc can. I would think a combination of power proc and on use power would work best. On the other hand, an energy damage proc relic could work very well for Carnage Marauders due to the increased amount of 100% ArPen windows in 2.0 rather than in vanilla. Maybe I'll run some parses once I acquire a Relic of Cerulean Nova for comparison's sake. Anyway, feel free to correct my logic if I'm overlooking something.

My problem with applying the SimC results for Mercs to other non-caster type classes is that Mercs have significantly lower APM than a Marauder (~35 APM for Mercs/Mandos vs. ~45 APM for Annihilation and Carnage Marauders). I would think this would give the Marauders an advantage at making sure the proc relics pops on c/d (due to more hits on the target allowing for a higher proc chance) along with being able to fit more hits into the 6 second window for the power boost than a Merc can. I would think a combination of power proc and on use power would work best. On the other hand, an energy damage proc relic could work very well for Carnage Marauders due to the increased amount of 100% ArPen windows in 2.0 rather than in vanilla. Maybe I'll run some parses once I acquire a Relic of Cerulean Nova for comparison's sake. Anyway, feel free to correct my logic if I'm overlooking something.

Yeah, you're correct on this - although I'll note that the merc SimC results were assuming the power proc at every 20 seconds. I'd also note that if the SimC results were based off 35-36 APM that is closer to what Marauder's APM is on actual raid bosses so it would be pretty close.