Agents/Smugglers getting the ball first in Huttball

DarthWoad

I was just in a game, some smuggler on their team used their speed roll thingy and grabbed the ball... our team hadnt even got past the pool yet...they won of course...

Remove that ability from huttball please, or put a timer or cooldown on it...

Edited by DarthWoad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just in a game, some smuggler on their team used their speed roll thingy and grabbed the ball... our team hadnt even got past the pool yet...they won of course...

No. The roll is fine. If you want to make it balanced... Remove the ability to retain possession of the ball while rolling.

No. The roll is fine. If you want to make it balanced... Remove the ability to retain possession of the ball while rolling.

This is a solution I'd be kind of happy with, it would at least sort of fix the problem, however they would still be able to roll forward grab it and throw to someone else who's rolled around side.

Can anyone confirm if they take damage from rolling through fire/acid?

This is a solution I'd be kind of happy with, it would at least sort of fix the problem, however they would still be able to roll forward grab it and throw to someone else who's rolled around side.

Can anyone confirm if they take damage from rolling through fire/acid?

I dont think they took any damage, it was like an instant roll, right over the acid

Inquisitors had a possibility to get the ball first for a long time and nobody complained. I wonder why now when Agents got similar ability, people suddenly cry about it :rolleyes: Edited by unK_

Inquisitors had a possibility to get the ball first for a long time and nobody complained. I wonder why now when Agents got similar ability, everybody cries :rolleyes:

Please write down the inquisitor force speed ability and the new agent one. Compare the two.

Who cares? I don't get how this means it should be nerfed. So what if he got the ball first? SOMEONE has to get the ball first. Are you saying that whoever gets the ball first wins the game, thus making it an unfair advantage? If that's the case, why wasn't Force Speed and/or Predation nerfed before it was put into the game since those gave a team a 100% chance to get the ball first as well? Oh, that's right, because it's not OP'd. Stop crying for unjustified irrational nerfs that make no logical or reasonable sense whatsoever.

Who cares? I don't get how this means it should be nerfed. So what if he got the ball first? SOMEONE has to get the ball first. Are you saying that whoever gets the ball first wins the game, thus making it an unfair advantage? If that's the case, why wasn't Force Speed and/or Predation nerfed before it was put into the game since those gave a team a 100% chance to get the ball first as well? Oh, that's right, because it's not OP'd. Stop crying for unjustified irrational nerfs that make no logical or reasonable sense whatsoever.

You clearly have no idea what the new ability im talking about is do you? And clearly youve never seen anyone use it.

Force speed and predation dont make you roll forward instantly... you just run faster, not teleport.

Read this:

Exfiltrate (New Ability): Roll forward 12 meters. When slowed, you only roll forward 6 meters. While rolling, your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks is increased. Does not break stealth. Cannot be used while immobilized. This ability costs 25 energy and has no cooldown. Exfiltrate should be very useful for closing and widening gaps, and frankly it’s a lot of fun to use.

Ok now imagine youre standing next to one of them. You are a juggernaut, he is an operative. You are told to race from one side of the room to the other. Who wins? THE OPERATIVE DOES. Read the quote multiple times please, just so you have a FULL understanding of the ability. Now, imagine this operative is in huttball. A GAME WHERE GETTING THE BALL AND SCORING MAKES YOU WIN.

Edited by DarthWoad

Remove the ability to retain possession of the ball while rolling.

Sure, just like you lose the ball when using (one of a choice of three different types of) leap to switch platform levels, get miles ahead of the opposition and avoid all the obstacles.

K... we're talking an operative. The class that DOESN'T want to be out of stealth. So, if they roll forward and get the ball, they're screwed. Insert Jedi Knight force leap = Dead Operative. Not only that, they get the ball and now they're empty on energy, so no heals for you.

K... we're talking an operative. The class that DOESN'T want to be out of stealth. So, if they roll forward and get the ball, they're screwed. Insert Jedi Knight force leap = Dead Operative. Not only that, they get the ball and now they're empty on energy, so no heals for you.

1.Roll forward

2.grab ball

3.throw to someone

4. go back in stealth

5. Your team now has the upper hand because you have the ball

Edited by DarthWoad

I think that the rolling ability on the Operative/Sniper/Slinger/Scoundrel is a bit OP. This is because you can cover great distances.

Yes there is a catch, but in most circumstances its about getting their first, not trying to bash the opponent. There are some counters to counter this. But there are counter counters to enable the agent/smuggler to get to a spot, cap it and defend it long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

The real question is why are we allowing a class so much mobility without any down time?

- Juggs can leap and stuff but they have a 10-15second cooldown to do it again.

- Mercs and PT has NO ability to travel further, and PT has a closer with a 30 second cooldown or something. Also Mercs now has a closer with the net. But that has a 90 second cooldown that lasts 10 seconds.

- Sorcs got Force Speed with a 30 second cooldown and Shadow (specc'd) has a closer (30 second cooldown).

I do think that the class needs either a closer, but damn this needs a bit of thought right? It doesnt matter about the skill its how much you can actually abuse it to cover distances, I mean most of the time if you do objectives you are covering ground more than actual fighting.

EDIT: Thinking about this I suggest a following:

- 5 Second cooldown

- 10 energy used.

- instead of 10 meters cover only 7 to 8 meters.

- Allow the halving if slowed and not able to use it when rooted.

Edited by Zhaker

Ok now imagine youre standing next to one of them. You are a juggernaut, he is an operative. You are told to race from one side of the room to the other. Who wins? THE OPERATIVE DOES. Read the quote multiple times please, just so you have a FULL understanding of the ability. Now, imagine this operative is in huttball.

LOL then you JUMP to him... then you JUMP back to an ally! Agents/Smugglers WERE the only class that didn't have a speed or movement buff.

IA/JC: Force Speed

SW/JK: Jumps to Allies or Enemies.

BH/CM: Jumps to Enemies (Vanguard/Powertechs)

Edited by LingeringDrama

LOL then you JUMP to him... then you JUMP back to an ally! Operative WAS the only class that didn't have a speed or movement buff.

IA/JC: Force Speed

SW/JK: Jumps to Allies or Enemies.

BH/CM: Jumps to Enemies (Vanguard/Powertechs)

Have you ever jumped to an ally of yours and instantly started running right beside them? When you jump it pauses you for like 1/3d of a second then you can continue running.

Have you ever jumped to an ally of yours and instantly started running right beside them? When you jump it pauses you for like 1/3d of a second then you can continue running.

Which is exactly what is happening with roll, it seems to root you for a while.

(This was done to fix a bug where if you jumped at the end you'd cover more ground, to my knowledge)

Edited by Elegances

Reove force speed, Leap, interceed as well. Oh yeah and stelth while we are at it.

Every other speed boost isn't even close to what an operative can do. Previously as a assassin i could get the ball 1st most of the time, however I could also have another char leap to me and lock me down for a bit before i'd be able to get away/pass the ball.

Now with operatives they get to the ball so fast that the only counter to an operative is ANOTHER operative because nobody comes close to their speed.

With mara speed boost + my own sprint I'm doing well to get to my side of the acid pool by the time the operative grabs the ball. I'm a sin, so i'm pretty fast. So how is it reasonable that they are great deal FASTER than me.

Sure they needed a speed boost, I'll agree there, however overall speed boosts were reasonably on par with each other, now its not the case, 2nd fastest is way way behind. Here lies the issue.

Edited by Jeeses