No lvl 50 armor gift anymore?

Herramon

Yes, it was removed with the release of Game Update 2.0. As of now there are no level 50 PvP/PvE gear sets (other than Black Hole which drops in Level 50 operations). You must purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel and level to 55 to use the new gear.

This is the way it was when the game came out.

The "free" gear at 50 only happened in Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate launched on December 11, 2012, almost a year (to the day) after the game released.

Taken from the patch notes:

Missions and NPCs

• A new "Advanced Gear" mission for each class has been added to the Daily Mission Terminal on the Imperial and Republic Fleets.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the same did not happen again and new level 55s will get a free set of gear.

This is the way it was when the game came out.

The "free" gear at 50 only happened in Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate launched on December 11, 2012, almost a year (to the day) after the game released.

Taken from the patch notes:

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the same did not happen again and new level 55s will get a free set of gear.

Don't count on it. The old Rakata gear is more than adequate for Makeb content, and those mods can be bought for planet commendations now.

Don't count on it. The old Rakata gear is more than adequate for Makeb content, and those mods can be bought for planet commendations now.

Yes, but even if you save up and have 50 planet comms when you walk onto Makeb, you cannot fully deck out your gear in those mods.

Yes, it was removed with the release of Game Update 2.0. As of now there are no level 50 PvP/PvE gear sets (other than Black Hole which drops in Level 50 operations). You must purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel and level to 55 to use the new gear.

Just to clarify , it drops off HM FPs, and is substantially better than the recruit or tionese previously given.

I did say "new level 55s" so they wouldn't be doing Makeb content. ;)

But if it does happen it will happen far far in the future... I guess about a year from now... ;)

Edited by ZeroPlus

At least now, at level 55, it's easier to get a basic set of endgame gear than it was before they handed out the free Tionese. Before 1.6, you could only start grinding for endgame gear once you hit 50. Now, you start getting Basic Comms as soon as you start Makeb, and you can start equipping Basic Gear once you hit level 53. So by the time you hit 55 and want to start doing 55 HM Flashpoints, you should already have a decent start on your Basic Gear.

While it's not as easy as turning in a mission and getting a free set of gear, it's still easier than it was before.

yes and all that time in nov. trying to get the EWZ gear its now PvE gear not good did think you should have got 3000 warzone coms for the complet 14 EWZ gear for to start from scrach after 18 month of playing its not done in a nice way when with some 100 valor on the same as 40 valor that not showen respect form the ones who bought the game from the start , as stared form valor 82 and highter

At least now, at level 55, it's easier to get a basic set of endgame gear .

yes

i got 2 pieces of basic gear just to the moment i hit 55 just doing Makeb story, and run once dailies and GSI+Makeb weekly

and could get the rest for planetary comms - on Makeb it's Rakata lvl