The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Offhand...bug?

FearAngerHate

I have a pistol that says it can be put in mainhand or offhand. I put some War Hero mods into it (purple 26's), then tried to equip it - it would not go into offhand slot. I put in a blue "skill barrel 22" mod into it, overwriting the purple barrel in it, still the same.

I took the Skill Barrel 22 out of it, and the description switched back to mainhand/offhand, and I was then able to equip it in my offhand.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

The barrel is mainhand only. So when you put it into the pistol that becomes mainhand only.

I thought about that, but I looked carefully at my blue "Skill Barrel 22", and no where does it say it makes the weapon that is put into it, a mainhand only. All it says are its stats, and "This Blaster Barrel can be used to upgrade your blaster. Blaster Barrels will change the level of the item."

That's all it says.

I was wondering if the purple barrel I put in before was a mainhand only, so I overwrote it with the blue...

BW apparently wised up to the tendancy of sents, marauders gunslingers and mercenaries to put off hand barrels into main hand weapons to get high grade main hands easier then otherwise.

BW seems bound and detirmined to make main hand weapons dispropotionatly hard to get compared to the rest of the items