The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech 2.0 stat distribution & min/max

KaosBlader

Hey guys, i've read quite a few posts about how PTs have been nerfed. I still really enjoy my PT so i'm still going to be playing it as DPS. Tank if I can get my hands on 2 sets of gear.

My question is, have the recommended stats changed in 2.0? Am I still supposed to be running 30% Crit unbuffed, 110% accuracy and 70% surge?

Word is not in yet on alacrity. I would still bet that a safe strategy is to avoid crit (it requires too much to get to 30%) and live with around 24% weapon and 28% tech and just stack main stat and power. Surge and power for the specific gear (remember the power surge on the small pieces is found on combat medic now).

Pretty much no PT I know who is serious and runs good rotations suffers from heat problems so I am going to predict alacrity is not great for PT.

I've been wondering the same things since I am starting the gear grind and fine tuning of rotation / spec. I think I'll start by getting my crit and surge to acceptable levels (30 / 70 unbuffed) but for augments I'm not sure. Have heard that main stat is best if you take the 9% boost in the tank tree. But some say just go straight power. Jury seems to be out on that at the moment.

Word is not in yet on alacrity.

The word IS in on Alacrity. Austin Peckenwhatshisname posted it yesterday.

Alacrity reduces all ability times, including cast abilities. This will not cause overheating because it also increases the rate at which heat dissipates.

I've been wondering the same things since I am starting the gear grind and fine tuning of rotation / spec. I think I'll start by getting my crit and surge to acceptable levels (30 / 70 unbuffed) but for augments I'm not sure. Have heard that main stat is best if you take the 9% boost in the tank tree. But some say just go straight power. Jury seems to be out on that at the moment.

30% crit, unbuffed or buffed, is way too high to be optimal. That was the case in 1.7 and its even more true in 2.0. And yeah, regardless of what spec you're running for DPS, PvE or PvP, take the 9% Aim increase in Shieldtech and run Aim augments.

30% crit, unbuffed or buffed, is way too high to be optimal. That was the case in 1.7 and its even more true in 2.0. And yeah, regardless of what spec you're running for DPS, PvE or PvP, take the 9% Aim increase in Shieldtech and run Aim augments.

I'm taking the + 9% to Aim skill most definitely. I was running full pyro pre 2.0 with full power augments. Since then I've switched to AP for much better heat management. With the changes to TD and CGC in most operational situations I can't tell a loss of DPS. Will definitely move to Aim augments as I upgrade my gear. Thanks

The word IS in on Alacrity. Austin Peckenwhatshisname posted it yesterday.

The game designers also give us Cunning Assault Cannons, Defensive stats on Cunning gear, and high Absorb on Guardian/Juggernaut Gear (lol whut).

I trust the theorycrafters running the parsers for identifying the best stat ratios than the game designers, TBH.

The game designers also give us Cunning Assault Cannons, Defensive stats on Cunning gear, and high Absorb on Guardian/Juggernaut Gear (lol whut).

I trust the theorycrafters running the parsers for identifying the best stat ratios than the game designers, TBH.

I agree. The developers really have no clue what is best for a class. Listen to the theorycrafters over the devs. On the PTS, alacrity was trash for a powertech, and it still is. I had one of, if not, the highest parsing powertech on the PTS, and guess what? No alacrity and no crit. The devs, unfortunately, have no clue how to min/max the classes.

Edited by bbare