The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sentinel fix -replace saber throw with defensive ability

Kaerwolf

The sentinels new abilty to throw both sabers is cool, but in the whole picture quite redundant. Sents already had an abundance of attacks to use to happily go on hitting til they drop, which is what sents do.

What sents really needed was a defensive ability. Sentinels needed the improved stealth detection they gave to the sniper/gunslinger instead, which is really beyond my comprehension but I of course don't object to it on my already powerful slinger getting even more powerful. But, back to sentinels.

Besides improved stealth detection(sixth sense, to detect life signs/danger with the force type of ability) another welcome ability wold have been a general sentinel hit points-regeneration ability.

I would also have liked to see Force Camouflage improved to go along with a defensive role in War Zones. Why not make Force Camouflage work as it does now but also give it a defensive advangage so that it lasts for 4 seconds while moving or until you move if you remain stationary. That way a sentinel would not be the very visible super easy target of every stealth striker worth the name and could better serve as a defender of an objective.

If not, at least implement a WZ que along the lines of the Group Finder where all would have to que for a certain role instead which would not force for example sentinels to take on the guard objective role they aren't designed for.

How was Twin Saber Throw redundant? It's a 30 meter ranged ability that hits every target in front of you, does decent damage, and doesn't cost any focus. Sentinels don't have anything else like it, and it is an awesome ability to use when you get knocked back and have to run back to the target. I've also found that it's very valuable in solo play, where I use it all the time to pull threat off of Doc.

And Sentinels really don't need another defensive ability. We already have arguably the best set of defensive skills in the game. The only thing I could see would be another ability to improve our mobility. Combat and Focus are in ok shape in that regard, since the former can use Force Camo to break movement-impairing effects, and Focus has Zealous Leap to leap to targets in cover. However, Watchman didn't get anything new to help w/ mobility, and with all the CC's in play in PVP, it could use some help.

I never said Saber throw is not of any use, it is very usable. I too use it all the time. What I said was that we needed a better defensive ability more.

Which leads me to:

Defensive ability? God mode, 20% dmg reduction, stealthing out, increase in defensive stats.. What else do you want?

lol, fool. You happy about a measly 20% dmg reducton? Guess what, every damn class has a similar ability to reduce dmg, be it that they raise a protective shield or whatever, the Sage got 100% dmg reduction btw, we have 99% at a cost of half our life. Thinking of it, maybe that is the ability we should sacrifice in favor of a more usable defense ability instead of the new cool attack that is usable, but not necessary.