Are those 2 things true ?

Pathlight-

Because they will decide whether I stay suscribed to this game:

In level 55 wz:

- Is PVE gear better than top pvp gear or better than its equivalent tier of pvp gear ?

- Does bolster only put you on equal footing with the weakest pvp gear or does it make you stronger ?

As an avid pvper, I will not support a game in which pve gear is BIS for pvp and I will not support a game where people who dedicate time to earning good gear have no discernible advantage over those that choose not to.

Edited by Pathlight-

Its much worse than that. Bolster is broken in so many ways right now. Pve gear with removed enhancements is best in slot for pvp. Removing augments and reinserting them during a warzone further inflates your stats by 25-35%, giving upwards of 40k plus hp and huge bonuses to damage. Its beyond broken.

Well my experience was this, I compared my level 51 Scoundrel with full WH gear in all slots except for the Chest which is EWH - with another player in PVE gear earlier today. They had about 40 more HP and about 2 more Bonus Dmg points than me - to be honest these were the only two stats I looked at.

Now I know its not a huge difference - but this player was level 37 - and had a mix of green, blue and orange gear which ranged in lvl from 29 to 37.

So yeah - it seems that PVE gear of even lower levels is now better in WZs than the WH gear that takes quite a bit of effort to get.

Its disgusting that they even came up with this idea - let alone implement it - such an insult!

Its much worse than that. Bolster is broken in so many ways right now. Pve gear with removed enhancements is best in slot for pvp. Removing augments and reinserting them during a warzone further inflates your stats by 25-35%, giving upwards of 40k plus hp and huge bonuses to damage. Its beyond broken.

I'm curious if this post is true. Either part of it.

I'm curious if this post is true. Either part of it.

Its been reported in numerous threads and confirmed many times. We experimented last night for a few hours to see just how broken bolster is. Let me put it this way: if you are not willing to use these exploits, then it is not worth queuing for pvp right now. I would post links to the threads, but I'm posting on my phone. They are all on the first few pages though.

- no, if we're talking about warzones.

- bolster boosts your items to be a bit below "weakest" pvp gear.

That is how it is allegedly SUPOOSED to work.

It is not, however, how it works at the moment. Bolster is still a mess atm.

Lots of contradictory responses here at the moment. The devs should focus like a laser on communicating on what is the state of pvp and bolster in the game at the moment.

I asked about lvl 55 cause frankly, I'm fine with lowbie gear being put on an equal footing with ewh.

Look guys, I know it hurts, I spent countless weeks grinding ewh and it's now worthless. However, it does make sense since new players would have to much to catch up on if we didn't reset the gear once in a while.

What I am extremely concerned about is lvl 55 wz and the effectiveness of partisan/conqueror gear. Those should be the absolute BIS equipments period. No pve gear should even come close.

It is a great idea to bolster everyone who enters a wz to slightly weaker than partisan, that way, no team will be gimped as it comes to gear and no pveer's will ruin it for everyone else by entering wz in their fp/ops gear.

Where it becomes unacceptable is if pve gear is better than lvl 55 pvp gear or if bolster somehow makes you more powerful than pvp geared players.

Now guys, let me be clear about one more thing: it is time to forget and move on about old 50 pvp gear. It is now worthless and I have no problem with that. My concern is about the new gear, not the old gear.

Now guys, let me be clear about one more thing: it is time to forget and move on about old 50 pvp gear. It is now worthless and I have no problem with that. My concern is about the new gear, not the old gear.

Well, what shall we say other than: Your concerns are valid.

The current booster is bugged and lvl 55 PVP gear is currently NOT always BIS for pvp (in WZ), at least not as far as all slots are concerned. And we (PVPers) can only fear what the current Bolster would do to the new T3 PVE set (in particular the new Hilt/barrels).

Nobody can predict the future and say when this mess is fixed and how a fix will look like.

Lots of contradictory responses here at the moment. The devs should focus like a laser on communicating on what is the state of pvp and bolster in the game at the moment.

I asked about lvl 55 cause frankly, I'm fine with lowbie gear being put on an equal footing with ewh.

Look guys, I know it hurts, I spent countless weeks grinding ewh and it's now worthless. However, it does make sense since new players would have to much to catch up on if we didn't reset the gear once in a while.

What I am extremely concerned about is lvl 55 wz and the effectiveness of partisan/conqueror gear. Those should be the absolute BIS equipments period. No pve gear should even come close.

It is a great idea to bolster everyone who enters a wz to slightly weaker than partisan, that way, no team will be gimped as it comes to gear and no pveer's will ruin it for everyone else by entering wz in their fp/ops gear.

Where it becomes unacceptable is if pve gear is better than lvl 55 pvp gear or if bolster somehow makes you more powerful than pvp geared players.

Okay, you're not paying attention. The "idea" of a new bolster system sounds great, but that is NOT what's happening.

The devs came up with a complex system about how to implement their "idea" that is so far beyond their capabilities to control, that even though it was on the Test Server, after it has gone live they are still scrambling to patch and make major changes and course reversals. For example, the WH/EWH gear; first they acknowledged it wasn't working right in the bolster system, then that it will, then they ultimately couldn't make it work so they decided to strip expertise from it, and they are still trying to fix things such as "naked bolster" (you can search the dev posts to research this).

They are doing all this in a desperate, but failing, attempt to get a handle on it, if that tells you anything. None of these things are fixing their problems and they are actually getting worse, by all accounts, with their attempts to MacGyver solutions. FUBAR is an exceedingly appropriate term. Instead of a gear progression, it's a "let me figure out what I need to remove and/or strip out of my gear through blind experimentation to boost my stats to their highest possible level so I can be competitive with others that have done the same."

Is that YOUR perception of the realization of an ideal? If you want to subscribe, I'd recommend waiting until they get their PvP fixed. I'll be un-subbing until they do.

This is key. Regardless of which side of the fence you're on with the bolster (although how people are on the other side amazes me), the fact is that the lack of communication from the devs, especially since the patch, adds to the frustration and damage that's being done.

I have not been playing because of the PVP issues since 2.0, and since I want to have max wz comms when I do hit the level cap, there's no reason to even play PVE right now cause I want to do those last levels in WZ.

I didn't even know of all the exploits and issues with 2.0...that makes me not even want to log into this game now, and for there to be no communication just speaks volumes. I have no idea how the powers that be have allowed things to become the trainwreck they have

Okay, you're not paying attention. The "idea" of a new bolster system sounds great, but that is NOT what's happening.

The devs came up with a complex system about how to implement their "idea" that is so far beyond their capabilities to control, that even though it was on the Test Server, after it has gone live they are still scrambling to patch and make major changes and course reversals. For example, the WH/EWH gear; first they acknowledged it wasn't working right in the bolster system, then that it will, then they ultimately couldn't make it work so they decided to strip expertise from it, and they are still trying to fix things such as "naked bolster" (you can search the dev posts to research this).

They are doing all this in a desperate, but failing, attempt to get a handle on it, if that tells you anything. None of these things are fixing their problems and they are actually getting worse, by all accounts, with their attempts to MacGyver solutions. FUBAR is an exceedingly appropriate term. Instead of a gear progression, it's a "let me figure out what I need to remove and/or strip out of my gear through blind experimentation to boost my stats to their highest possible level so I can be competitive with others that have done the same."

Preach it, brother. Preach it. Very well said. This whole exercise has been the epitomy of a poorly planned, poorly conceived, and mega-poorly implimented plan. Sadly, the only thing handled worse has been the damage control...of which multiple changes have been made that not only haven't fixed the problem, but have punished people for items they paid real money for in cartel packs (+41 exp crystal). They've sown confusion, frustration, and really pissed people off.

If 2.0 were a horse, it'd have been shot.

Edited by Kirtastropohe

Bolster boosts me to the best PvP gear I have ever had .. I have over 3200+ Cunning with 1998 Expertise .. I am a monster in PvP!

Another indication it isn't working properly. If everyone was on an even footing, no one would be a "monster" in pvp.

That is also my concern. But there are so many problems that it should be taken back and released when it is ready.

Edited by Aetideus

This has been confirmed by a guildmate of mine in game as well. This new bolster is F*CKED

Oh the drama, the suspense .../plays jeopardy jingle

*subscribed;)

You are entirely missing the point with your weak attempt at sarcasm. I am expressing my concerns as a pvper that BW is destroying what made pvp a rewarding experience in the first place (and is a staple of the RPG genre), starting out weak and working your way up to a stronger position. Reducing the gear gap is a good idea as fresh max levels should have a chance to help their team but someone who has invested weeks in getting better gear should be rewarded.

I am simply stating, as someone whose main entertainment in the game comes from pvp, that there will be no reason for me to stay if that part of the game is wrecked in an attempt to make everybody equal.