Disappointing Behavior from the community.

DOCSMonkey

I have never really had any issues with other players until i started playing this game.

Don't get wrong, I have met some wonderful individuals in the TOR community but I have noticed an increase in disrespectful behavior on general chat.

Today i asked a simple question in general chat regarding EWH gear and PvP- the response given to me was that i was a F@&&*t and a Pedophile who likes N****rs....

These kind of responses are just plain disgusting and insulting. As a community we need to start reporting and acting on this type of behavior to help decrease the amount in which racist, disgusting and sexist comment are kept to a minimum.

I'm not quite sure what type of human being gets his or her jollies from being so crude to people but this needs to stop.

Not defending said prepubescent player, but there is a /ignore function. Also, welcome to the General chat in TOR, you will not find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Edited by Pistols

I'd have to agree that trolls are a nuisance that seem to feed each other. Best thing to do is just ignore what's being said in general an hope someone is nice enough to whisper you an answer. Personally I try to help out when I see legitimate questions. I also hope a few bad seeds doesn't ruin you experience.

when someone calls me a hacker cause I am rolling around in mara armor, and they think I am a mara. I will tell them to lrn2roll, and that they are a idiot. that is the extent of my disrespect.

Hah that's good. I've done the same thing with my sniper.

But I don't think that's disrespect. It's more like educating peeps.

Today i asked a simple question in general chat regarding EWH gear and PvP- the response given to me was that i was a F@&&*t and a Pedophile who likes N****rs....

Except for the N word the kid is actually a good troll and you guys are setting the picthforks on him.

Edited by Laforet

I'd have to agree that trolls are a nuisance that seem to feed each other. Best thing to do is just ignore what's being said in general an hope someone is nice enough to whisper you an answer. Personally I try to help out when I see legitimate questions. I also hope a few bad seeds doesn't ruin you experience.

I help as many people as i can. I just feel the community needs to band together and start reporting trolls in general chat.

welcome to the General chat in TOR, you will not find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

^ Haha this made me lol. But honestly it can get pretty immature sometimes would definately help if more people ignored/reported some of this scum and villainy.

Except for the N word the kid is actually a good troll and you guys are setting the picthforks on him.

Not sure who it is, but it seems to me that was brought on by himself.

Never understood the use of that word in Gen chat (let alone in most cases), just shows what an imbecile that person is.

I guess it just erks me. I am a Corrections Officer and i deal with rapists and pedos at work. I am also a Father of a 2 year old so comments like that seem to hit me harder than they should Edited by DOCSMonkey

I guess it just erks me. I am a Corrections Officer and i deal with rapists and pedos at work. I am also a Father of a 2 year old so comments like that seem to hit me harder than they should

Did you just quote your own post?

Don't feel bad I give my self hi-fives in public to myself.