The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

my beloved Shadow is dead

Tygr_Wolf

@ lvl 40 i was completing missions on belsavis vs 41 elites on 1.7, now on 2.0 I can't even hold my own against a lvl 38 elite on Hoth....I rebuilt my character multiple times under each tree and hybrid....but to no avail.

Although all the advice out there is for 50+ characters, it doesn't help my 40 lvl. Any thoughts or constructive advice would be appreciated.......or I may have to freeze him. Thanks in advance

Are you using all the skills and abilities available to your class? Are you using your defensive cooldowns at the right time? Are you interrupting hard hitting abilities with Jolt? Are you using one of your 3-4 crowd control abilities at opportune times in the fight? Are you standing in AoE circles?

All of these are things to consider if you are having trouble soloing soloable content.

In Kinectic Combat (Tank spec/Combat Technique stance) make sure you are using Tharan as much as possible because he comes in handy with heals. With that said if you are in Tank spec make sure you have a shield generator on (main stat Endurance over Willpower) and tank gear on heavy on Endurance with Absorption/Defense/Shield built in. Power is good to have too. Make sure you start off with Mind Maze to CC any if there is more than one you're fighting and don't use Force Breach because it will break CC.

In Infiltration (DPS Spec/Shadow Technique stance) it's pretty much the same as above just make sure you have a power generator (Willpower over endurance heavy on power) and dps gear on as well. In this spec, as well as Balance you can get away with another DPS companion (I prefer melee to have them tank for me while I dps) or use your Tank as you can get away with using him and DPSing everything down tho it can be slower. The other slow route which is safer is using Tharan for heals while you DPS. Make sure if it gets sticky you pop a med pack and Heroic Moment.

Balance Spec (Force technique stance) same as above except you get some awesome self heals in this spec with Force In balance. This is harder to manage so Infiltration may be better or....what I've done is change my spec to Kinectic Combat and stay in Force technique stance with DPS gear on. This also gives you awesome self heals via 3 stacks of harnessed shadows with telekinetic throw. Also with the dps gear on you heals are higher than with tank gear on in tank stance. Also Force breach and slow time hit harder and force breach will not break cc in Force technique stance.

Every time an update happens people have to relearn their tactics

I'm playing a Jedi Shadow. Since the update, I've not seen a difference. I can still take elites (gold stars) of the same level as me, easily. I usually don't lose more than a quarter of my health doing so. Been playing Jedi Shadows for over a year now, Tank spec, all blue or purple gear, with Theran as my companion.

With some effort, I can take champions (gold & silver stars) of at least 5 levels lower than me solo.

Without seeing how you play, or what gear you have equipped on your character & companion, there's not much advice that can be given.

I've cleared my mind and rebuilt an Infiltration Shadow. Perhaps i don't take the Elites as easy as before, but I am paying more attention to my timing and energy maintenance, and defeating them. Thank you for your advice, and support. I will travel back to Belsavis to continue my journey............the Shadow reborn.